Government vs Weather The True Story of Crop Insurance in India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Skees, Jerry R., 2000. "A role for capital markets in natural disasters: a piece of the food security puzzle," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 365-378, June.
- STEVEN C. BLANK & COLIN A. CARTER & JEFFREY McDONALD, 1997. "Is The Market Failing Agricultural Producers Who Wish To Manage Risks?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 15(3), pages 103-112, July.
- Turvey, Calum G. & Islam, Zahirul, 1995.
"Equity and efficiency considerations in area versus individual yield insurance,"
Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 23-35, April.
- Calum G. Turvey & Zahirul Islam, 1995. "Equity and efficiency considerations in area versus individual yield insurance," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 12(1), pages 23-35, April.
More about this item
Keywordscountries; weather; insurance; infrastructure; financially sustainable; farmers; India; crop insurance; national agriculture; insurance;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-11-14 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-CWA-2009-11-14 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-IAS-2009-11-14 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2268. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.