Potential Demand for Drought Insurance in Burkina Faso and Its Determinants
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Turvey, Calum G. & Norton, Michael T., 2008.
"An Internet-Based Tool for Weather Risk Management,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 37(1), April.
- Turvey, Calum G. & Norton, Michael, 2008. "An Internet-Based Tool for Weather Risk Management," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(01), pages 63-78, April.
- Nicholas D. Paulson & Chad E. Hart & Dermot J. Hayes, 2010.
"A spatial Bayesian approach to weather derivatives,"
Agricultural Finance Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 70(1), pages 79-96, May.
- Paulson, Nicholas D. & Hart, Chad E. & Hayes, Dermot J., 2010. "A Spatial Bayesian Approach to Weather Derivatives," Staff General Research Papers Archive 31339, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Paulson, Nicholas D. & Hart, Chad E., 2006. "A Spatial Approach to Addressing Weather Derivative Basis Risk: A Drought Insurance Example," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21249, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Skees, Jerry & Varangis, Panos & Larson, Donald & Siegel, Paul, 2002.
"Can financial markets be tapped to help poor people cope with weather risks ?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2812, The World Bank.
- Skees, Jerry & Varangis, Panos & Larson, Donald & Siegel, Paul, 2002. "Can Financial Markets be Tapped to Help Poor People Cope with Weather Risks?," WIDER Working Paper Series 023, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Engle Warnick James C. & Escobal Javier & Laszlo Sonia C., 2011. "Ambiguity Aversion and Portfolio Choice in Small-Scale Peruvian Farming," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-56, November.
- Morsink,Karlijn & Clarke,Daniel Jonathan & Mapfumo,Shadreck, 2016. "How to measure whether index insurance provides reliable protection," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7744, The World Bank.
- Geyser, J.M., 2004. "Weather derivatives: Concept and application for their use in South Africa," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 43(4), December.
- Simon Lange & Malte Reimers, 2014.
"Livestock as an Imperfect Buffer Stock in Poorly Integrated Markets,"
Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers
162, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Lange, Simon & Reimers, Malte, 2015. "Livestock as an Imperfect Buffer Stock in Poorly Integrated Markets," Discussion Papers 200327, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Turvey, Calum G. & Chantarat, Sommarat, 2006. "Weather-Linked Bonds," Proceedings: 2006 Agricultural and Rural Finance Markets in Transition, October 2-3, 2006; Washington, DC 133091, Regional Research Committee NC-1014: Agricultural and Rural Finance Markets in Transition.
- Matsuda, Ayako & Kurosaki, Takashi & Sawada, Yasuyuki, 2013. "Rainfall and Temperature Index Insurance in India: Project Documentation," PRIMCED Discussion Paper Series 34, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Paulson, Nicholas David, 2007. "Three essays on risk and uncertainty in agriculture," ISU General Staff Papers 2007010108000016979, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Sarris, Alexander, 2002. "The demand for commodity insurance by developing country agricultural producers - theory and an application to cocoa in Ghana," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2887, The World Bank.
- Mafoua, Edouard & Turvey, Calum G., 2004. "Effects Of Weather Events On Loss Ratios For Crop Insurance Products: A County-Level Panel Data Analysis," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20113, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Sakurai, Takeshi & Savadogo, Kimseyinga, 2009. "Covariate Shocks and Rural Poverty in Burkina Faso," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51722, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Million Tadesse & Bekele Shiferaw & Olaf Erenstein, 2015. "Weather index insurance for managing drought risk in smallholder agriculture: lessons and policy implications for sub-Saharan Africa," Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 3(1), pages 1-21, December.
- Alan Fuchs & Hendrik Wolff, 2011.
"Concept and Unintended Consequences of Weather Index Insurance: The Case of Mexico,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(2), pages 505-511.
- Fuchs, Alan & Wolff, Hendrik, 2011. "Concept and Unintended Consequences of Weather Index Insurance: The Case of Mexico," IZA Discussion Papers 6234, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Barnett, Barry J. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Skees, Jerry R., 2008. "Poverty Traps and Index-Based Risk Transfer Products," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1766-1785, October.
- Sherrick, Bruce J., 2001. "The Accuracy Of Producer Expectations: Evidence And Implications For Insurance Valuation," Proceedings: 2001 Regional Committee NC-221, October 1-2, 2001, McLean, Virginia 132390, Regional Research Committee NC-1014: Agricultural and Rural Finance Markets in Transition.
- Ayako Matsuda & Takashi Kurosaki, 2017. "Temperature and Rainfall Index Insurance in India," OSIPP Discussion Paper 17E002, Osaka School of International Public Policy, Osaka University.
- Gurenko, Eugene & Olivier, Mahul, 2004. "Enabling productive but asset-poor farmers to succeed : A risk financing framework," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3211, The World Bank.
- Mafoua, Edouard, 2003. "Weather Insurance To Protect Specialty Crops Against Costs Of Irrigation In Drought Years," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 21922, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Valdivia, Corinne & Quiroz, Roberto, 2003. "Coping And Adapting To Increased Climate Variability In The Andes," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22221, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Reardon, Thomas & Kelly, Valerie A. & Yanggen, David & Crawford, Eric W., 1999. "Determinants Of Fertilizer Adoption By African Farmers: Policy Analysis Framework, Illustrative Evidence, And Implications," Staff Papers 11779, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Sherrick, Bruce J., 2002. "The Accuracy Of Producers' Probability Beliefs: Evidence And Implications For Insurance Valuation," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(01), July.
- Thomas Reardon & J. Edward Taylor & Kostas Stamoulis & Peter Lanjouw & Arsenio Balisacan, 2000. "Effects of Non-Farm Employment on Rural Income Inequality in Developing Countries: An Investment Perspective," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 266-288.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ajagec:v:79:y:1997:i:4:p:1193-1207. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.