A spatial Bayesian approach to weather derivatives
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Paulson, Nicholas D. & Hart, Chad E. & Hayes, Dermot J., 2010. "A Spatial Bayesian Approach to Weather Derivatives," Staff General Research Papers Archive 31339, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chad E. Hart & Bruce A. Babcock & Dermot J. Hayes, 2001.
"Livestock Revenue Insurance,"
Journal of Futures Markets,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(6), pages 553-580, June.
- Chad E. Hart & Bruce A. Babcock & Dermot J. Hayes, 2001. "Livestock Revenue Insurance," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 99-wp224, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Hart, Chad E. & Babcock, Bruce & Hayes, Dermot J., 2001. "Livestock Revenue Insurance," ISU General Staff Papers 200104250700001290, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Hart, Chad E. & Babcock, Bruce A. & Hayes, Dermot J., 2001. "Livestock Revenue Insurance," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1932, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Martin, Steven W. & Barnett, Barry J. & Coble, Keith H., 2001. "Developing And Pricing Precipitation Insurance," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(01), July.
- Takeshi Sakurai & Thomas Reardon, 1997. "Potential Demand for Drought Insurance in Burkina Faso and Its Determinants," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(4), pages 1193-1207.
- Gautam, Madhur & Hazell, Peter & Alderman, Harold, 1994. "Rural demand for drought insurance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1383, The World Bank.
- Nancy McCarthy, 2003. "Demand for rainfall-index based insurance: a case study from Morocco," EPTD discussion papers 106, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jerry R. Skees, 2008. "Challenges for use of index-based weather insurance in lower income countries," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 68(1), pages 197-217, May.
- John Duncan & Robert J. Myers, 2000. "Crop Insurance under Catastrophic Risk," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(4), pages 842-855.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kusuma, Aditya & Noy, Ilan & Jackson, Bethanna, 2017.
"A viable and cost-effective weather index insurance for rice in Indonesia,"
Working Paper Series
6393, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Aditya Kusuma & Ilan Noy & Bethanna Jackson, 2017. "A Viable and Cost-Effective Weather Index Insurance for Rice in Indonesia," CESifo Working Paper Series 6530, CESifo Group Munich.
- Xiaofeng Cao & Ostap Okhrin & Martin Odening & Matthias Ritter, 2015.
"Modelling spatio-temporal variability of temperature,"
Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 745-766, September.
- Xiaofeng Cao & Ostap Okhrin & Martin Odening & Matthias Ritter, 2014. "Modelling spatiotemporal variability of temperature," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2014-020, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsAgriculture; Insurance; Rainfall; Modelling; Climatic loading; United States of America;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:afrpps:v:70:y:2010:i:1:p:79-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .