Rural demand for drought insurance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zeldes, Stephen P, 1989.
"Consumption and Liquidity Constraints: An Empirical Investigation,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(2), pages 305-346, April.
- Stephen Zeldes, "undated". "Consumption and Liquidity Constraints: An Empirical Investigation," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 24-85, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Stephen P. Zeldes, "undated". "Consumption and Liquidity Constraints: An Empirical Investigation," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 16-88, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Benveniste, L M & Scheinkman, J A, 1979. "On the Differentiability of the Value Function in Dynamic Models of Economics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 727-732, May.
- Binswanger, Hans P, 1981.
"Attitudes toward Risk: Theoretical Implications of an Experiment in Rural India,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(364), pages 867-890, December.
- Hans Binswanger, 1981. "Attitudes toward risk: Theoretical implications of an experiment in rural india," Artefactual Field Experiments 00010, The Field Experiments Website.
- Alderman, H. & Paxson, C.H., 1992.
"Do the Poor Insure? A Synthesis of the Literature on Risk and Consumption in Developing Countries,"
164, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Alderman, Harold & Paxson, Christina H & DEC, 1992. "Do the poor insure? A synthesis of the literature on risk and consumption in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1008, The World Bank.
- Fumio Hayashi, 1982.
"The Effect of Liquidity Constraints on Consumption: A Cross-Sectional Analysis,"
NBER Working Papers
0882, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fumio Hayashi, 1982. "The Effect of Liquidity Constraints on Consumption: Cross-Sectional Analysis," Discussion Papers 516, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 2011.
"Lifetime Portfolio Selection by Dynamic Stochastic Programming,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: THE KELLY CAPITAL GROWTH INVESTMENT CRITERION THEORY and PRACTICE, chapter 31, pages 465-472
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Samuelson, Paul A, 1969. "Lifetime Portfolio Selection by Dynamic Stochastic Programming," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 51(3), pages 239-246, August.
- Hakansson, Nils H, 1970. "Optimal Investment and Consumption Strategies Under Risk for a Class of Utility Functions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 38(5), pages 587-607, September.
- Fumio Hayashi, 1985. "The Effect of Liquidity Constraints on Consumption: A Cross-Sectional Analysis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(1), pages 183-206.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paulson, Nicholas D. & Hart, Chad E., 2006. "A Spatial Approach to Addressing Weather Derivative Basis Risk: A Drought Insurance Example," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21249, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Skees, Jerry & Varangis, Panos & Larson, Donald & Siegel, Paul, 2002.
"Can Financial Markets be Tapped to Help Poor People Cope with Weather Risks?,"
WIDER Working Paper Series
023, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Skees, Jerry & Varangis, Panos & Larson, Donald & Siegel, Paul, 2002. "Can financial markets be tapped to help poor people cope with weather risks ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2812, The World Bank.
- Céline Charvériat, 2000. "Natural Disasters in Latin America and the Caribbean: An Overview of Risk," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1804, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Paulson, Nicholas David, 2007. "Three essays on risk and uncertainty in agriculture," ISU General Staff Papers 2007010108000016979, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Farrin, Katie & Miranda, Mario J., 2015. "A heterogeneous agent model of credit-linked index insurance and farm technology adoption," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 199-211.
- Anderson, Jock R., 2003. "Risk in rural development: challenges for managers and policy makers," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 75(2-3), pages 161-197.
- Sarris, Alexander, 2002. "The demand for commodity insurance by developing country agricultural producers - theory and an application to cocoa in Ghana," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2887, The World Bank.
- Larson, Donald F. & Plessmann, Frank, 2009. "Do farmers choose to be inefficient? Evidence from Bicol," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 24-32, September.
- Nicholas D. Paulson & Chad E. Hart & Dermot J. Hayes, 2010.
"A spatial Bayesian approach to weather derivatives,"
Agricultural Finance Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 70(1), pages 79-96, May.
- Paulson, Nicholas D. & Hart, Chad E. & Hayes, Dermot J., 2010. "A Spatial Bayesian Approach to Weather Derivatives," Staff General Research Papers Archive 31339, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Geyser, J.M., 2004. "Weather derivatives: Concept and application for their use in South Africa," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 43(4), December.
- Pandey, Sushil & Bhandari, Humnath & Ding, Shijun & Prapertchob, Preeda & Sharan, Ramesh & Naik, Dibakar & Taunk, Sudhir K. & Sastri, Asras, 2006. "Coping with Drought in Rice Farming in Asia: Insights from a Cross-Country Comparative Study," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25553, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Osborne, Theresa, 2006. "Credit and risk in rural developing economies," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 541-568, April.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics&Policies; Economic Theory&Research; Banks&Banking Reform; Services&Transfers to Poor; Safety Nets and Transfers;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:1383. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .