Rural demand for drought insurance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zeldes, Stephen P, 1989.
"Consumption and Liquidity Constraints: An Empirical Investigation,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, pages 305-346.
- Stephen Zeldes, "undated". "Consumption and Liquidity Constraints: An Empirical Investigation," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 24-85, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Stephen P. Zeldes, "undated". "Consumption and Liquidity Constraints: An Empirical Investigation," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 16-88, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Benveniste, L M & Scheinkman, J A, 1979. "On the Differentiability of the Value Function in Dynamic Models of Economics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 727-732, May.
- Binswanger, Hans P, 1981.
"Attitudes toward Risk: Theoretical Implications of an Experiment in Rural India,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(364), pages 867-890, December.
- Hans Binswanger, 1981. "Attitudes toward risk: Theoretical implications of an experiment in rural india," Artefactual Field Experiments 00010, The Field Experiments Website.
- Alderman, H. & Paxson, C.H., 1992.
"Do the Poor Insure? A Synthesis of the Literature on Risk and Consumption in Developing Countries,"
164, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Alderman, Harold & Paxson, Christina H & DEC, 1992. "Do the poor insure? A synthesis of the literature on risk and consumption in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1008, The World Bank.
- Fumio Hayashi, 1982.
"The Effect of Liquidity Constraints on Consumption: A Cross-Sectional Analysis,"
NBER Working Papers
0882, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fumio Hayashi, 1982. "The Effect of Liquidity Constraints on Consumption: Cross-Sectional Analysis," Discussion Papers 516, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 2011.
"Lifetime Portfolio Selection by Dynamic Stochastic Programming,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: THE KELLY CAPITAL GROWTH INVESTMENT CRITERION THEORY and PRACTICE, chapter 31, pages 465-472
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Samuelson, Paul A, 1969. "Lifetime Portfolio Selection by Dynamic Stochastic Programming," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 51(3), pages 239-246, August.
- Hakansson, Nils H, 1970. "Optimal Investment and Consumption Strategies Under Risk for a Class of Utility Functions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 38(5), pages 587-607, September.
- Fumio Hayashi, 1985. "The Effect of Liquidity Constraints on Consumption: A Cross-Sectional Analysis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(1), pages 183-206.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paulson, Nicholas D. & Hart, Chad E., 2006. "A Spatial Approach to Addressing Weather Derivative Basis Risk: A Drought Insurance Example," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21249, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Skees, Jerry & Varangis, Panos & Larson, Donald & Siegel, Paul, 2002.
"Can Financial Markets be Tapped to Help Poor People Cope with Weather Risks?,"
WIDER Working Paper Series
023, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Skees, Jerry & Varangis, Panos & Larson, Donald & Siegel, Paul, 2002. "Can financial markets be tapped to help poor people cope with weather risks ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2812, The World Bank.
- Céline Charvériat, 2000. "Natural Disasters in Latin America and the Caribbean: An Overview of Risk," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1804, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Paulson, Nicholas David, 2007. "Three essays on risk and uncertainty in agriculture," ISU General Staff Papers 2007010108000016979, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Farrin, Katie & Miranda, Mario J., 2015. "A heterogeneous agent model of credit-linked index insurance and farm technology adoption," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 199-211.
- Anderson, Jock R., 2003. "Risk in rural development: challenges for managers and policy makers," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 75(2-3), pages 161-197.
- Sarris, Alexander, 2002. "The demand for commodity insurance by developing country agricultural producers - theory and an application to cocoa in Ghana," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2887, The World Bank.
- Larson, Donald F. & Plessmann, Frank, 2009. "Do farmers choose to be inefficient? Evidence from Bicol," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 24-32, September.
- Nicholas D. Paulson & Chad E. Hart & Dermot J. Hayes, 2010.
"A spatial Bayesian approach to weather derivatives,"
Agricultural Finance Review,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 70(1), pages 79-96, May.
- Paulson, Nicholas D. & Hart, Chad E. & Hayes, Dermot J., 2010. "A Spatial Bayesian Approach to Weather Derivatives," Staff General Research Papers Archive 31339, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Geyser, J.M., 2004. "Weather derivatives: Concept and application for their use in South Africa," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 43(4), December.
- Pandey, Sushil & Bhandari, Humnath & Ding, Shijun & Prapertchob, Preeda & Sharan, Ramesh & Naik, Dibakar & Taunk, Sudhir K. & Sastri, Asras, 2006. "Coping with Drought in Rice Farming in Asia: Insights from a Cross-Country Comparative Study," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25553, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Osborne, Theresa, 2006. "Credit and risk in rural developing economies," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 541-568, April.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics&Policies; Economic Theory&Research; Banks&Banking Reform; Services&Transfers to Poor; Safety Nets and Transfers;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:1383. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.