The Changing Pattern of Undernutrition in India: A Comparative Analysis across Regions
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Viswanathan, Brinda & Meenakshi, J.V., 2006. "The Changing Pattern of Undernutrition in India: A Comparative Analysis across Regions," WIDER Working Paper Series 118, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
References listed on IDEAS
- Subramanian, Shankar & Deaton, Angus, 1996. "The Demand for Food and Calories," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 133-162, February.
- Haddad, Lawrence James & Alderman, Harold & Appleton, Simon & Song, Lina & Yohannes, Yisehac, 2002. "Reducing child undernutrition," FCND briefs 137, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nilanjana Roy, 2001. "A semiparametric analysis of calorie response to income change across income groups and gender," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 93-109.
- Behrman, Jere R & Deolalikar, Anil B, 1987. "Will Developing Country Nutrition Improve with Income? A Case Study for Rural South India," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(3), pages 492-507, June.
- Svedberg, Peter, 2000. "Poverty and Undernutrition: Theory, Measurement, and Policy," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198292685.
- World Bank, 2003. "World Development Indicators 2003," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13920, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chand, Ramesh & Jumrani, Jaya, 2013. "Food Security and Undernourishment in India: Assessment of Alternative Norms and the Income Effect," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 68(1).
More about this item
Keywordsundernutrition; REGION; unit record data; household level; inequalities; calories; consumption; demographic information; poverty; India; china; argentina; developing nations; head count ratio; region; per capita income;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:1342. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .