A Monetary Approach to Capability Measurement of the Disabled - Evidence from the UK
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Manski, C.F., 1992. "Identification Problems in the Social Sciences," Working papers 9217, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Burchardt, Tania & Le Grand, Julian, 2002. "Constraint and opportunity: identifying voluntary non-employment," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 4650, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- BLACKORBY, Charles & BOSSERT, Walter, 2004.
"Interpersonal Comparisons of Well-Being,"
Cahiers de recherche
2004-06, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Blackorby, Charles & Bossert, Walter, 2004. "Interpersonal Comparisons Of Well-Being," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 711, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- BLACKORBY, Charles & BOSSERT, Walter, 2004. "Interpersonal Comparisons of Well-Being," Cahiers de recherche 06-2004, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Alkire, Sabina, 2005.
"Valuing Freedoms: Sen's Capability Approach and Poverty Reduction,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780199283316.
- Alkire, Sabina, 2002. "Valuing Freedoms: Sen's Capability Approach and Poverty Reduction," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199245796.
- Coulter, Fiona A E & Cowell, Frank A & Jenkins, Stephen P, 1992. "Differences in Needs and Assessment of Income Distributions," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 77-124, April.
- Zaidi, Asghar & Burchardt, Tania, 2003. "Comparing incomes when needs differ: equivalisation for the extra costs of disability in the UK," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6373, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Burchardt, Tania & Le Grand, Julian, 2002. "Constraint and opportunity: identifying voluntary non-employment," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 51317, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Charles Bellemare & Bertrand Melenberg & Arthur van Soest van Soest, 2002.
"Semi-parametric models for satisfaction with income,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP12/02, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Bellemare, C. & Melenberg, B. & van Soest, A.H.O., 2002. "Semi-parametric Models for Satisfaction with Income," Discussion Paper 2002-87, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jones, Andrew & O'Donnell, Owen, 1995. "Equivalence scales and the costs of disability," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 273-289, February.
- Pollak, Robert A & Wales, Terence J, 1979. "Welfare Comparisons and Equivalence Scales," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(2), pages 216-221, May.
- Van Praag, Bernard, 1971.
"The welfare function of income in Belgium: An empirical investigation,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 337-369.
- Van Praag, Bernard, 1971. "The welfare function of income in Belgium: An empirical investigation," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 337-369.
- van Praag, Bernard M S & Hagenaars, Aldi J M & van Weeren, Hans, 1982. "Poverty in Europe," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 28(3), pages 345-359, September.
- Tania Burchardt & Julian Le Grand, 2002. "Constraint and Opportunity: Identifying Voluntary Non-Employment," CASE Papers case55, Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion, LSE.
- Melenberg, B. & van Soest, A.H.O., 1996. "Measuring the costs of children : Parametric and semiparametric estimators," Other publications TiSEM 1227b8b2-0575-4b5d-9bac-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Federico Perali, 2002. "Some curiosites about the Engel method to estimate equivalence scales," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(9), pages 1-7.
- Asghar Zaidi & Tania Burchardt, 2005. "Comparing Incomes When Needs Differ: Equivalization For The Extra Costs Of Disability In The U.K," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 51(1), pages 89-114, March.
More about this item
Keywordscapability; disability; equivalence scale; psychometric; poverty;
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-02-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2004-02-15 (Education)
- NEP-HEA-2004-02-15 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esi:discus:2004-08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karin Richter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mpiewde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.