A Modern Framework for Measuring Poverty and Basic Economic Security
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter Saunders & Yuvisthi Naidoo, 2009. "Poverty, Deprivation and Consistent Poverty," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 85(271), pages 417-432, December.
- Bruce D. Meyer & James X. Sullivan, 2003. "Measuring the Well-Being of the Poor Using Income and Consumption," NBER Working Papers 9760, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruce D. Meyer & James X. Sullivan, 2007.
"Further Results on Measuring the Well-Being of the Poor Using Income and Consumption,"
0719, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Bruce D. Meyer & James X. Sullivan, 2007. "Further Results on Measuring the Well-Being of the Poor Using Income and Consumption," NBER Working Papers 13413, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peiyun She & Gina A. Livermore, 2007. "Material Hardship, Poverty, and Disability Among Working-Age Adults," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 88(4), pages 970-989.
- Peiyun She & Gina A. Livermore, "undated". "Material Hardship, Poverty, and Disability Among Working-Age Adults," Mathematica Policy Research Reports fb2c5aebc38446e3ab7f48e96, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Danilo Pelletiere & Hye Jin Rho & Dean Baker, 2009. "Hitting Bottom? An Updated Analysis of Rents and the Price of Housing in 100 Metropolitan Areas," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2009-28, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Sherraden, Michael (ed.), 2005. "Inclusion in the American Dream: Assets, Poverty, and Public Policy," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195168204.
- Trudi J. Renwick & Barbara R. Bergmann, 1993. "A Budget-Based Definition of Poverty: With an Application to Single-Parent Families," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 28(1), pages 1-24.
- Tania Burchardt & Asghar Zaidi, 2003. "Comparing incomes when needs differ: Equivalisation for the extra costs of disability in the UK," CASE Papers case64, Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion, LSE.
- Asghar Zaidi & Tania Burchardt, 2005. "Comparing Incomes When Needs Differ: Equivalization For The Extra Costs Of Disability In The U.K," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 51(1), pages 89-114, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shawn Fremstad, 2012. "Married … without Means: Poverty and Economic Hardship Among Married Americans," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2012-26, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Shawn Fremstad, 2011. "Maintaining and Improving Social Security for Poorly Compensated Workers," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2011-23, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
More about this item
Keywordspoverty; disability; poverty level; poverty measure;
- I - Health, Education, and Welfare
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- J - Labor and Demographic Economics
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- J18 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-05-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-HAP-2010-05-02 (Economics of Happiness)
- NEP-PKE-2010-05-02 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:epo:papers:2010-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ceprdus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.