Disability costs and equivalence scales in the older population
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark B. Stewart, 2009.
"The Estimation Of Pensioner Equivalence Scales Using Subjective Data,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 55(4), pages 907-929, December.
- Stewart, Mark B., 2009. "The estimation of pensioner equivalence scales using subjective data," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 893, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Currie, Janet & Madrian, Brigitte C., 1999. "Health, health insurance and the labor market," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 50, pages 3309-3416 Elsevier.
- Coulter, Fiona A E & Cowell, Frank A & Jenkins, Stephen P, 1992. "Differences in Needs and Assessment of Income Distributions," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 77-124, April.
- Pendakur, Krishna, 1998. "Semiparametric estimates and tests of base-independent equivalence scales," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 1-40, November.
- Gabriella Conti & James Heckman & Sergio Urzua, 2010. "The Education-Health Gradient," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(2), pages 234-238, May.
- Peter Adams & Michael D. Hurd & Daniel L. McFadden & Angela Merrill & Tiago Ribeiro, 2004.
"Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise? Tests for Direct Causal Paths between Health and Socioeconomic Status,"
NBER Chapters,in: Perspectives on the Economics of Aging, pages 415-526
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adams, Peter & Hurd, Michael D. & McFadden, Daniel & Merrill, Angela & Ribeiro, Tiago, 2003. "Healthy, wealthy, and wise? Tests for direct causal paths between health and socioeconomic status," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 3-56, January.
- Jones, Andrew & O'Donnell, Owen, 1995. "Equivalence scales and the costs of disability," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 273-289, February.
- Sara Lelli, 2005. "Using Functionings To Estimate Equivalence Scales," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 51(2), pages 255-284, June.
- Pollak, Robert A & Wales, Terence J, 1979. "Welfare Comparisons and Equivalence Scales," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(2), pages 216-221, May.
- Hancock, Ruth & Pudney, Stephen, 2010. "The distributional impact of reforms to disability benefits for older people in the UK," ISER Working Paper Series 2010-35, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- J. Cullinan & B. Gannon & S. Lyons, 2011. "Estimating the extra cost of living for people with disabilities," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(5), pages 582-599, May.
- James Banks & Richard Blundell & Arthur Lewbel, 1997. "Quadratic Engel Curves And Consumer Demand," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(4), pages 527-539, November.
- Steve McKay, 2004. "Poverty or preference: what do 'consensual deprivation indicators' really mean?," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 25(2), pages 201-223, June.
- Muellbauer, John, 1979. "McClements on equivalence scales for children," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 221-231, October.
- Pudney, Stephen, 2010. "Disability benefits for older people: how does the UK Attendance Allowance system really work?," ISER Working Paper Series 2010-02, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Zantomio, Francesca, 2010. "Older people's participation in disability benefits: targeting, timing and financial wellbeing," ISER Working Paper Series 2010-23, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Asghar Zaidi & Tania Burchardt, 2005. "Comparing Incomes When Needs Differ: Equivalization For The Extra Costs Of Disability In The U.K," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 51(1), pages 89-114, March.
- Nelson, Julie A, 1993. "Household Equivalence Scales: Theory versus Policy?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(3), pages 471-493, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Agovino, Massimiliano & Ferrara, Maria, 2015.
"Disabilità e povertà: il ruolo delle pensioni di invalidità civile. Un'analisi DSGE per i dati italiani
[Disability and poverty: the role of civilian disability pensions. A DSGE analysis for Italia," MPRA Paper 65616, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ruth Hancock & Marcello Morciano & Stephen Pudney & Francesca Zantomio, 2015.
"Do household surveys give a coherent view of disability benefit targeting?: a multisurvey latent variable analysis for the older population in Great Britain,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 178(4), pages 815-836, October.
- Hancock, Ruth & Morciano, Marcello & Pudney, Stephen & Zantomio, Francesca, 2013. "Do household surveys give a coherent view of disability benefit targeting? A multi-survey latent variable analysis for the older population in Great Britain," ISER Working Paper Series 2013-05, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- JÃ¤ckle, Annette & Pudney, Stephen, 2015. "Survey response behaviour and the dynamics of self-reported health and disability: an experimental analysis," Understanding Society Working Paper Series 2015-05, Understanding Society at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- repec:spr:qualqt:v:51:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11135-016-0347-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hancock, Ruth & Morciano, Marcello & Pudney, Stephen, 2013. "Nonparametric estimation of a compensating variation: the cost of disability," ISER Working Paper Series 2013-26, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Massimiliano Agovino & Maria Ferrara, 2017.
"Can civilian disability pensions overcome the poverty issue? A DSGE analysis for Italian data,"
Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology,
Springer, vol. 51(4), pages 1469-1491, July.
- Agovino, Massimiliano & Ferrara, Maria, 2015. "Can civilian disability pensions overcome the poverty issue? A DSGE analysis for Italian data," MPRA Paper 65851, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 2015.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2012-05-02 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2012-05-02 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ese:iserwp:2012-09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jonathan Nears). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rcessuk.html .