Does Institutions Quality Matter for Financial Development and Economic Growth Nexus? Another Look at the Evidence from MENA Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chinn, Menzie D. & Ito, Hiro, 2006.
"What matters for financial development? Capital controls, institutions, and interactions,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 163-192, October.
- Chinn,M.D. & Ito,H., 2005. "What matters for financial development? : capital controls, institutions, and interactions," Working papers 4, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Chinn, Menzie David & Ito, Hiro, 2005. "What Matters for Financial Development? Capital Controls, Institutions, and Interactions," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt5pv1j341, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Chinn, Menzie David & Ito, Hiro, 2005. "What Matters for Financial Development? Capital Controls, Institutions, and Interactions," Santa Cruz Center for International Economics, Working Paper Series qt5pv1j341, Center for International Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Menzie D. Chinn & Hiro Ito, 2005. "What Matters for Financial Development? Capital Controls, Institutions, and Interactions," NBER Working Papers 11370, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blackburn, Keith & Forgues-Puccio, Gonzalo F., 2010.
"Financial liberalization, bureaucratic corruption and economic development,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1321-1339, November.
- Keith Blackburn & Gonzalo F. Forgues-Puccio, 2005. "Financial Liberalisation, Bureaucratic Corruption and Economic Devlopment," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0531, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Keith Blackburn & Gonzalo F. Forgues-Puccio, 2008. "Financial Liberalisation, Bureaucratic Corruption and Economic Development," Development Research Working Paper Series 06/2008, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- Aggarwal, Raj & Goodell, John W., 2010. "Financial markets versus institutions in European countries: Influence of culture and other national characteristics," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 502-520, October.
- Casson, Mark C. & Della Giusta, Marina & Kambhampati, Uma S., 2010. "Formal and Informal Institutions and Development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 137-141, February.
- Ari Hyytinen & Iikka Kuosa & Tuomas Takalo, 2003. "Law or Finance: Evidence from Finland," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 59-89, July.
- Levine, Ross, 1998.
"The Legal Environment, Banks, and Long-Run Economic Growth,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(3), pages 596-613, August.
- Ross Levine, 1998. "The legal environment, banks, and long-run economic growth," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Aug, pages 596-620.
- Marco Pagano & Paolo Volpin, 2001.
"The Political Economy of Finance,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 17(4), pages 502-519.
- Marco Pagano & Paolo Volpin, 2001. "The Political Economy of Finance," CSEF Working Papers 76, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Pagano, Marco & Volpin, Paolo, 2002. "The Political Economy of Finance," CEPR Discussion Papers 3231, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Levine, Ross, 1999. "Law, Finance, and Economic Growth," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 8(1-2), pages 8-35, January.
- Beck, Thorsten & Levine, Ross & Loayza, Norman, 2000. "Finance and the sources of growth," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 261-300.
- Arestis, Philip, et al, 2002.
"The Impact of Financial Liberalization Policies on Financial Development: Evidence from Developing Economies,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(2), pages 109-121, April.
- Philip Arestis & Panicos O. Demetriades & Bassam Fattouh & Kostas Mouratidis, 2002. "The Impact of Financial Liberalisation Policies on Financial Development Evidence from Developing Economies," Discussion Papers in Economics 02/1, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:erg:wpaper:705. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sherine Ghoneim). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/erfaceg.html .