Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Priya Deshingkar & Shaheen Akter, 2009. "Migration and Human Development in India," Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present) HDRP-2009-13, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), revised Apr 2009.
- Todaro, Michael P, 1969. "A Model for Labor Migration and Urban Unemployment in Less Developed Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 138-148, March.
- Miss Catriona Purfield, 2006. "Mind the Gap—Is Economic Growth in India Leaving Some States Behind?," IMF Working Papers 2006/103, International Monetary Fund.
- Arjan de Haan, 1999. "Livelihoods and poverty: The role of migration - a critical review of the migration literature," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 1-47.
- Chinmay, Tumbe, 2011. "Remittances in India: Facts and Issues," MPRA Paper 29983, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hatton, Timothy J & Williamson, Jeffrey G, 1992.
"What Explains Wage Gaps between Farm and City? Exploring the Todaro Model with American Evidence, 1890-1941,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(2), pages 267-294, January.
- Hatton, Timothy & Williamson, Jeffrey, 1989. "What Explains Wage Gaps Between Farm And City? Exploring The Todaro Model With American Evidence 1890-1941," Harvard Institute of Economic Research (HIER) Archive 294563, Harvard University, Department of Economics.
- Ahmed, Sadiq, 2009. "Accelerating Growth and Job Creation in South Asia," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198060048 edited by Ghani, Ejaz.
- Arjan de Haan, 2002. "Migration and Livelihoods in Historical Perspective: A Case Study of Bihar, India," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(5), pages 115-142.
- Arup Mitra, 1992. "Urban Poverty: A Rural Spill-Over?," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 27, pages 403-419.
- Udaya S. Mishra & William Joe & Priyajit Samaiyar, 2009. "Migration and Urban Poverty in India Some Preliminary Observations," Working Papers id:2287, eSocialSciences.
- Shahin Yaqub, 2009. "Independent Child Migrants in Developing Countries: Unexplored links in migration and development," Papers inwopa09/62, Innocenti Working Papers.
- Priya Deshingkar & Pramod Sharma & Sushil Kumar & Shaheen Akter & John Farrington, 2008. "Circular migration in Madhya Pradesh: changing patterns and social protection needs," The European Journal of Development Research, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 20(4), pages 612-628.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arjan de Haan, "undated". "The Social Policies of Emerging Economies: Growth and Welfare in China and India," Working Papers 110, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Rajarshi Majumder & Farhat Naaz, 2016. "Workers on the move: Migrated labour in India in early 21st century," The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Springer;The Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE), vol. 59(3), pages 419-440, September.
- Majumder, Rajarshi, 2012. "Workers on the move: migrated labour in post-reform india," MPRA Paper 44765, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Warren Dodd & Sara Wyngaarden & Sally Humphries & Kirit Patel & Shannon Majowicz & Matthew Little & Cate Dewey, 2018. "The Relationship Between MGNREGA and Internal Labour Migration in Tamil Nadu, India," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 30(2), pages 178-194, April.
- Arjan de Haan, 2006. "Migration in the Development Studies Literature: Has It Come Out of Its Marginality?," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2006-19, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Sanjay K. Mohanty & Sandhya Rani Mohapatra & Anshul Kastor & Ajeet K. Singh & Bidhubhusan Mahapatra, 2016. "Does Employment-Related Migration Reduce Poverty in India?," Journal of International Migration and Integration, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 761-784, August.
- Maryann Bylander & Erin Hamilton, 2015. "Loans and Leaving: Migration and the Expansion of Microcredit in Cambodia," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 34(5), pages 687-708, October.
- Arjan Haan, 2020. "Labour Migrants During the Pandemic: A Comparative Perspective," The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Springer;The Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE), vol. 63(4), pages 885-900, December.
- Chandan K. Samal, 2006. "Remittances and sustainable livelihoods in semi-arid areas," Asia-Pacific Development Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 13(2), pages 73-92, December.
- Valerie Mueller & Abusaleh Shariff, 2011.
"Preliminary Evidence On Internal Migration, Remittances, And Teen Schooling In India,"
Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(2), pages 207-217, April.
- Mueller, Valerie & Shariff, Abusaleh, 2009. "Preliminary evidence on internal migration, remittances, and teen schooling in India:," IFPRI discussion papers 858, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Valerie Mueller & Abusaleh Shariff, 2013. "Preliminary Evidence on Internal Migration, Remittances, and Teen Schooling in India," Working Papers id:5479, eSocialSciences.
- Nitya Rao & Nivedita Narain & Shuvajit Chakraborty & Arundhita Bhanjdeo & Ayesha Pattnaik, 2020. "Destinations Matter: Social Policy and Migrant Workers in the Times of Covid," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 32(5), pages 1639-1661, December.
- Jessica Heckert, 2015. "New perspective on youth migration," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 33(27), pages 765-800.
- Kala Seetharam Sridhar, 2016.
"Costs and Benefits of Urbanization: The Indian Case,"
- Sridhar, Kala Seetharam, 2016. "Costs and Benefits of Urbanization: The Indian Case," ADBI Working Papers 607, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Dong, Qi & Murakami, Tomoaki & Nakashima, Yasuhiro, 2018. "Modeling the Labor Transfers from the Agricultural Sector to the Non-agricultural Sector under Food Supply Constraint in China," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 274161, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Smita Yadav, 2020. "Precarity as a Coping Strategy of the Gonds: A Study of Insecure and Long-distance Seasonal Migration in Central India," Indian Journal of Human Development, , vol. 14(1), pages 7-22, April.
- Ziesemer, Thomas H.W., 2010.
"The impact of the credit crisis on poor developing countries: Growth, worker remittances, accumulation and migration,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1230-1245, September.
- Ziesemer, Thomas, 2009. "The Impact of the Credit Crisis on Poor Developing Countries: Growth, worker remittances, accumulation and migration," MERIT Working Papers 2009-026, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Ziesemer, Thomas, 2010. "The Impact of the Credit Crisis on Poor Developing Countries and the Role of China in Pulling and Crowding Us Out," MERIT Working Papers 2010-004, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Mohamed Amara & Hatem Jemmali, 2018.
"Deciphering the Relationship Between Internal Migration and Regional Disparities in Tunisia,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 135(1), pages 313-331, January.
- Mohamed Amara & Hatem Jemmali, 2016. "Deciphering the Relationship between Internal Migration and Regional Disparities in Tunisia," Working Papers 1043, Economic Research Forum, revised 09 Jan 2016.
- Albertini, Julien & Terriau, Anthony, 2019.
"Informality over the life-cycle,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 182-202.
- Julien Albertini & Anthony Terriau, 2018. "Informality over the life-cycle," Working Papers halshs-01957491, HAL.
- Julien Albertini & Anthony Terriau, 2019. "Informality over the life-cycle," Post-Print halshs-02188426, HAL.
- Julien Albertini & Anthony Terriau, 2018. "Informality over the life-cycle," Working Papers 1834, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Luc Christiaensen & Ravi Kanbur, 2017.
"Secondary Towns and Poverty Reduction: Refocusing the Urbanization Agenda,"
Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 9(1), pages 405-419, October.
- Christiaensen,Luc & Kanbur,Ravi & Christiaensen,Luc & Kanbur,Ravi, 2016. "Secondary towns and poverty reduction : refocusing the urbanization agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7895, The World Bank.
- Christiaensen, Luc & Kanbur, Ravi, 2017. "Secondary Towns and Poverty Reduction: Refocusing the Urbanization Agenda," CEPR Discussion Papers 12072, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christiaensen, Luc & Kanbur, Ravi, 2017. "Secondary Towns and Poverty Reduction: Refocusing the Urbanization Agenda," IZA Discussion Papers 10637, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Atsede Desta Tegegne & Marianne Penker, 2016. "Determinants of rural out-migration in Ethiopia: Who stays and who goes?," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 35(34), pages 1011-1044.
- Fernando Mayoral & Carlos Garcimartín, 2013. "The impact of population on the reduction of steady-state disparities across Spanish regions," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 50(1), pages 49-69, February.
More about this item
KeywordsIndia; deprived groups; gender; inclusive growth; migration; social policies;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ems:euriss:22201. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/issssnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: RePub (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/issssnl.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.