Workers on the move: Migrated labour in India in early 21st century
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wood, Adrian, 1997. "Openness and Wage Inequality in Developing Countries: The Latin American Challenge to East Asian Conventional Wisdom," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 11(1), pages 33-57, January.
- Todaro, Michael P, 1969. "A Model for Labor Migration and Urban Unemployment in Less Developed Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 138-148, March.
- K.Shanthi, 2006. "Female Labour Migration in India : Insights From NSSO Data," Labor Economics Working Papers 22516, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Wood, Adrian & Ridao-Cano, Cristobal, 1999. "Skill, Trade, and International Inequality," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(1), pages 89-119, January.
- K.Shanthi, 2006. "Female Labour Migration in India : Insights From NSSO Data," Working Papers 2006-04, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Chinmay, Tumbe, 2011. "Remittances in India: Facts and Issues," MPRA Paper 29983, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William Joe & Priyajit Samaiyar & U.S. Mishra, 2009. "Migration and urban poverty in India some preliminary observations," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 414, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- David Mosse & Sanjeev Gupta & Mona Mehta & Vidya Shah & Julia fnms Rees & KRIBP Project Team, 2002. "Brokered livelihoods: Debt, Labour Migration and Development in Tribal Western India," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(5), pages 59-88.
- Wolfgang F. Stolper & Paul A. Samuelson, 1941. "Protection and Real Wages," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 58-73.
- Arjan de Haan, 2002. "Migration and Livelihoods in Historical Perspective: A Case Study of Bihar, India," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(5), pages 115-142.
- Udaya S. Mishra & William Joe & Priyajit Samaiyar, 2009. "Migration and Urban Poverty in India Some Preliminary Observations," Working Papers id:2287, eSocialSciences.
- Priya Deshingkar & Pramod Sharma & Sushil Kumar & Shaheen Akter & John Farrington, 2008. "Circular migration in Madhya Pradesh: changing patterns and social protection needs," The European Journal of Development Research, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 20(4), pages 612-628.
- Ben Rogaly & Daniel Coppard & Abdur Safique & Kumar Rana & Amrita Sengupta & Jhuma Biswas, 2002. "Seasonal Migration and Welfare/Illfare in Eastern India: A Social Analysis," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(5), pages 89-114.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ray, Jhilam & Naaz, Farhat & Khasnobis, Poulomi & Majumder, Rajarshi, 2019. "Internal migration and inclusive development: Insights from the field," MPRA Paper 93318, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- de Haan, A., 2011. "Inclusive growth?," ISS Working Papers - General Series 22201, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Majumder, Rajarshi, 2012. "Workers on the move: migrated labour in post-reform india," MPRA Paper 44765, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arjan Haan, 2020. "Labour Migrants During the Pandemic: A Comparative Perspective," The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Springer;The Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE), vol. 63(4), pages 885-900, December.
- Eddy LEE & Marco VIVARELLI, 2006.
"The social impact of globalization in the developing countries,"
International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 145(3), pages 167-184, September.
- Lee, Eddy & Vivarelli, Marco, 2006. "The Social Impact of Globalization in the Developing Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 1925, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Ghani,Syed Ejaz & Grover,Arti & Kerr,Sari & Kerr,William Robert, 2016. "Will market competition trump gender discrimination in India ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7814, The World Bank.
- Majumder, Rajarshi, 2008. "Globalisation and Employment: A Prelude," MPRA Paper 12814, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Litwin, Carol, 1998. "Trade and Income Distribution in Developing Countries," Working Papers in Economics 9, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Hrushikesh Mallick & Mantu Kumar Mahalik & Hemachandra Padhan, 2020.
"Does globalization exacerbate income inequality in two largest emerging economies? The role of FDI and remittances inflows,"
International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 67(4), pages 443-480, December.
- Hrushikesh Mallick & Mantu Kumar Mahalik & Hemachandra Padhan, 0. "Does globalization exacerbate income inequality in two largest emerging economies? The role of FDI and remittances inflows," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 0, pages 1-38.
- Timothy Halliday & Daniel Lederman & Raymond Robertson, 2018.
"Tracking wage inequality trends with prices and different trade models: evidence from Mexico,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 154(1), pages 47-73, February.
- Halliday,Timothy & Lederman,Daniel & Robertson,Raymond, 2015. "Tracking wage inequality trends with prices and different trade models : evidence from Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7471, The World Bank.
- Halliday, Timothy J. & Lederman, Daniel & Robertson, Raymond, 2016. "Tracking Wage Inequality Trends with Prices and Different Trade Models: Evidence from Mexico," IZA Discussion Papers 10156, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Lorenzo Rotunno & Adrian Wood, 2015. "Wages and endowments in a globalised world," Economics Papers 2015-W11, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Emily Rains, 2018. "Urbanization and Indiaâ€™s Slum Continuum: Evidence on the Range of Policy Needs and Scope of Mobility," Working Papers id:12633, eSocialSciences.
- JW Fedderke & Martine Mariotti, 2002. "Changing Labour Market Conditions In South Africa," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 70(5), pages 830-864, June.
- Lall, Somik V. & Selod, Harris & Shalizi, Zmarak, 2006. "Rural-urban migration in developing countries : a survey of theoretical predictions and empirical findings," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3915, The World Bank.
- Chandan K. Samal, 2006. "Remittances and sustainable livelihoods in semi-arid areas," Asia-Pacific Development Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 13(2), pages 73-92, December.
- Valerie Mueller & Abusaleh Shariff, 2011.
"Preliminary Evidence On Internal Migration, Remittances, And Teen Schooling In India,"
Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(2), pages 207-217, April.
- Mueller, Valerie & Shariff, Abusaleh, 2009. "Preliminary evidence on internal migration, remittances, and teen schooling in India:," IFPRI discussion papers 858, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Valerie Mueller & Abusaleh Shariff, 2013. "Preliminary Evidence on Internal Migration, Remittances, and Teen Schooling in India," Working Papers id:5479, eSocialSciences.
- Nitya Rao & Nivedita Narain & Shuvajit Chakraborty & Arundhita Bhanjdeo & Ayesha Pattnaik, 2020. "Destinations Matter: Social Policy and Migrant Workers in the Times of Covid," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 32(5), pages 1639-1661, December.
- Hamid Beladi & Avik Chakrabarti & Sugata Marjit, 2010. "Skilled‐Unskilled Wage Inequality And Urban Unemployment," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 48(4), pages 997-1007, October.
- Kala Seetharam Sridhar, 2016.
"Costs and Benefits of Urbanization: The Indian Case,"
- Sridhar, Kala Seetharam, 2016. "Costs and Benefits of Urbanization: The Indian Case," ADBI Working Papers 607, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Eric Rougier, 2000. "Ouverture, concurrence internationale et inégalités dans les pays à revenu intermédiaire: le cas de l'Amérique latine," Documents de travail 52, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.
- Priya Deshingkar & Shaheen Akter, 2009. "Migration and Human Development in India," Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present) HDRP-2009-13, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), revised Apr 2009.
More about this item
KeywordsMigration; Push-pull factors; Wage function; Segmented labour market;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:ijlaec:v:59:y:2016:i:3:d:10.1007_s41027-017-0065-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.