Internal migration and inclusive development: Insights from the field
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Francisca M. Antman, 2012. "Elderly Care and Intrafamily Resource Allocation when Children Migrate," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 47(2), pages 331-363.
- Dean Yang, 2008.
"International Migration, Remittances and Household Investment: Evidence from Philippine Migrants’ Exchange Rate Shocks,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(528), pages 591-630, April.
- Dean Yang, 2008. "International Migration, Remittances and Household Investment: Evidence from Philippine Migrants' Exchange Rate Shocks," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(528), pages 591-630, April.
- Dean Yang, 2006. "International Migration, Remittances, and Household Investment: Evidence from Philippine Migrants' Exchange Rate Shocks," NBER Working Papers 12325, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stark, Oded & Bloom, David E, 1985. "The New Economics of Labor Migration," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 173-178, May.
- Rajarshi Majumder & Farhat Naaz, 2016. "Workers on the move: Migrated labour in India in early 21st century," The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Springer;The Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE), vol. 59(3), pages 419-440, September.
- Mathur, Ashok, 1983. "Regional Development and Income Disparities in India: A Sectoral Analysis," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(3), pages 475-505, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Abramitzky, Ran & Boustan, Leah Platt & Eriksson, Katherine, 2013.
"Have the poor always been less likely to migrate? Evidence from inheritance practices during the age of mass migration,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 2-14.
- Ran Abramitzky & Leah Platt Boustan & Katherine Eriksson, 2012. "Have the Poor Always Been Less Likely to Migrate? Evidence From Inheritance Practices During the Age of Mass Migration," NBER Working Papers 18298, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chinenye Ifeoma Nwokolo & Matthew Ikechukwu Ogbuagu & Wakeel Atanda Isola, 2021. "Migrant’s remittance and investment financing nexus in Africa: Does investment climate matter?," Future Business Journal, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 1-11, December.
- Mario Liebensteiner, 2014.
"Estimating the Income Gain of Seasonal Labor Migration,"
Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(4), pages 667-680, November.
- Mario Liebensteiner, 2012. "Estimating the Income Gain of Seasonal Labour Migration," WIFO Working Papers 430, WIFO.
- Shaikh M.S.U. Eskander & Edward B. Barbier & Benjamin Gilbert, 2018.
"Fishing and Nonfishing Income Decisions: The Role of Human Capital and Family Structure,"
Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 94(1), pages 114-136.
- Eskander, Shaikh M.S.U. & Barbier, Edward B. & Gilbert, Ben, 2018. "Fishing and non-fishing income decisions: the role of human capital and family structure," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 74318, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Gröger, André, 2021.
"Easy come, easy go? Economic shocks, labor migration and the family left behind,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 128(C).
- André Gröger, 2019. "Easy Come, Easy Go? Economic Shocks, Labor Migration and the Family Left Behind," Working Papers 1086, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- López-Videla, Bruno & Machuca, Carlos Emilio, 2014. "The Effects of Remittances on Poverty at the Household Level in Bolivia: A Propensity Score Matching Approach," MPRA Paper 55201, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gloria Clarissa O. Dzeha, 2016. "The decipher, theory or empirics: a review of remittance studies," African Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(2), pages 113-134.
- Franziska Gassmann & Melissa Siegel & Michaella Vanore & Jennifer Waidler, 2018. "Unpacking the Relationship between Parental Migration and Child well-Being: Evidence from Moldova and Georgia," Child Indicators Research, Springer;The International Society of Child Indicators (ISCI), vol. 11(2), pages 423-440, April.
- Donato Romano & Silvio Traverso, 2020. "Disentangling the Impact of International Migration on Food and Nutrition Security of Left-Behind Households: Evidence from Bangladesh," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 32(4), pages 783-811, September.
- Tobias Stöhr, 2015. "Siblings’ interaction in migration decisions: who provides for the elderly left behind?," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 28(3), pages 593-629, July.
- Bertoli, Simone & Murard, Elie, 2020.
"Migration and co-residence choices: Evidence from Mexico,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 142(C).
- Bertoli, Simone & Murard, Elie, 2017. "Migration and Co-Residence Choices: Evidence from Mexico," IZA Discussion Papers 11172, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Simone Bertoli & Elie Murard, 2020. "Migration and co-residence choices: Evidence from Mexico," Post-Print hal-01992909, HAL.
- Viet Nguyen, Cuong, 2016. "Does parental migration really benefit left-behind children? Comparative evidence from Ethiopia, India, Peru and Vietnam," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 230-239.
- Mr. David A. Grigorian & Tigran A. Melkonyan, 2008. "Microeconomic Implications of Remittances in an Overlapping Generations Model with Altruism and Self-Interest," IMF Working Papers 2008/019, International Monetary Fund.
- Jenna Nobles & Christopher McKelvey, 2015. "Gender, Power, and Emigration From Mexico," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 52(5), pages 1573-1600, October.
- AO, Xiang & JIANG, Dawei & ZHAO, Zhong, 2016.
"The impact of rural–urban migration on the health of the left-behind parents,"
China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 126-139.
- Ao, Xiang & Jiang, Dawei & Zhao, Zhong, 2015. "The Impact of Rural-Urban Migration on the Health of the Left-behind Parents," IZA Discussion Papers 9350, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Kostas Mavromaras & Alfiah Hasanah & Silvia Mendolia & Oleg Yerokhin, 2017. "Labour Migration, Food Expenditure, and Household Food Security in Eastern Indonesia," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 93, pages 122-143, June.
- Koska, Onur A. & Saygin, Perihan Özge & Çağatay, Selim & Artal-Tur, Andrés, 2013.
"International migration, remittances, and the human capital formation of Egyptian children,"
International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 38-50.
- Koska, Onur A. & Saygin, Perihan O. & Cagatay, Selim & Artal-Tur, Andres, 2013. "International Migration, Remittances, and the Human Capital Formation of Egyptian Children," MPRA Paper 68193, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stohr, Tobias, 2013. "Intra-family migration decisions and elderly left behind," Kiel Working Papers 1858, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- de Brauw, Alan & Mueller, Valerie & Lee, Hak Lim, 2014. "The Role of Rural–Urban Migration in the Structural Transformation of Sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 33-42.
- Qian Song, 2017. "Aging, and separation from children: The health implications of adult migration for elderly parents in rural China," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 37(55), pages 1761-1792.
More about this item
KeywordsMigration; Labour Market; Poverty; Inequality; Coping Strategy;
All these keywords.
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- J68 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Public Policy
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R2 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MIG-2019-04-22 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:93318. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.