The Effects of Remittances on Poverty at the Household Level in Bolivia: A Propensity Score Matching Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wodon, Quentin & Angel-Urdinola, Diego & Gonzalez-Konig, Gabriel & Ojeda Revah, Diana & Siaens, Corinne, 2003. "Migration and Poverty in Mexico’s Southern States," MPRA Paper 10574, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra E. Todd, 1997. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator: Evidence from Evaluating a Job Training Programme," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 605-654.
- Dean Yang, 2008.
"International Migration, Remittances and Household Investment: Evidence from Philippine Migrants' Exchange Rate Shocks,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(528), pages 591-630, April.
- Dean Yang, 2006. "International Migration, Remittances, and Household Investment: Evidence from Philippine Migrants' Exchange Rate Shocks," NBER Working Papers 12325, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stark, Oded & Bloom, David E, 1985. "The New Economics of Labor Migration," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 173-178, May.
- John Anyanwu & Andrew E. O. Erhijakpor, 2010. "Do International Remittances Affect Poverty in Africa?," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 22(1), pages 51-91.
- Pablo Fajnzylber & J. Humberto López, 2008. "Remittances and Development : Lessons from Latin America," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6911, April.
- Eliana V. Jimenez-Soto & Richard P. C. Brown, 2012. "Assessing the Poverty Impacts of Migrants’ Remittances Using Propensity Score Matching: The Case of Tonga," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 88(282), pages 425-439, September.
- Naneida Regina Lazarte Alcala & Lee C. Adkins & Bidisha Lahiri & Andreas Savvides, 2014. "Remittances and income diversification in Bolivia's rural sector," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(8), pages 848-858, March.
- Cox-Edwards, Alejandra & Rodríguez-Oreggia, Eduardo, 2009. "Remittances and Labor Force Participation in Mexico: An Analysis Using Propensity Score Matching," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1004-1014, May.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998.
"Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data,"
Econometric Society, vol. 66(5), pages 1017-1098, September.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998. "Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data," NBER Working Papers 6699, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:idb:brikps:59678 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsRemittances; poverty; propensity score matching; Bolivia.;
- E0 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2014-04-18 (Development)
- NEP-LAM-2014-04-18 (Central & South America)
- NEP-MIG-2014-04-18 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:55201. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .