Migration and Livelihoods in Historical Perspective: A Case Study of Bihar, India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rajarshi Majumder & Farhat Naaz, 2016. "Workers on the move: Migrated labour in India in early 21st century," The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Springer;The Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE), vol. 59(3), pages 419-440, September.
- Anubhab Gupta & Heng Zhu & Miki Khanh Doan & Aleksandr Michuda & Binoy Majumder, 2021. "Economic Impacts of the COVID−19 Lockdown in a Remittance‐Dependent Region," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 103(2), pages 466-485, March.
- Tsujita, Yuko & Oda, Hisaya, 2012. "Caste, land, and migration : a preliminary analysis of a village survey in an underdeveloped state in India," IDE Discussion Papers 334, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Lall, Somik V. & Selod, Harris & Shalizi, Zmarak, 2006. "Rural-urban migration in developing countries : a survey of theoretical predictions and empirical findings," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3915, The World Bank.
- de Haan, A., 2011. "Inclusive growth?," ISS Working Papers - General Series 22201, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Park, Albert Sanghoon, 2017. "Does the Development Discourse Learn from History?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 52-64.
- Valerie Mueller & Abusaleh Shariff, 2011.
"Preliminary Evidence On Internal Migration, Remittances, And Teen Schooling In India,"
Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(2), pages 207-217, April.
- Mueller, Valerie & Shariff, Abusaleh, 2009. "Preliminary evidence on internal migration, remittances, and teen schooling in India:," IFPRI discussion papers 858, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Valerie Mueller & Abusaleh Shariff, 2013. "Preliminary Evidence on Internal Migration, Remittances, and Teen Schooling in India," Working Papers id:5479, eSocialSciences.
- Erenstein, Olaf & Thorpe, William, 2011. "Livelihoods and agro-ecological gradients: A meso-level analysis in the Indo-Gangetic Plains, India," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 42-53, January.
- Majumder, Rajarshi, 2012. "Workers on the move: migrated labour in post-reform india," MPRA Paper 44765, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Warren Dodd & Sara Wyngaarden & Sally Humphries & Kirit Patel & Shannon Majowicz & Matthew Little & Cate Dewey, 2018. "The Relationship Between MGNREGA and Internal Labour Migration in Tamil Nadu, India," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 30(2), pages 178-194, April.
- van Duijne, Robbin Jan, 2019. "Why India’s urbanization is hidden: Observations from “rural” Bihar," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 1-1.
- Lopez-Ridaura, Santiago & Frelat, Romain & van Wijk, Mark T. & Valbuena, Diego & Krupnik, Timothy J. & Jat, M.L., 2018. "Climate smart agriculture, farm household typologies and food security," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 57-68.
- Smita Yadav, 2020. "Precarity as a Coping Strategy of the Gonds: A Study of Insecure and Long-distance Seasonal Migration in Central India," Indian Journal of Human Development, , vol. 14(1), pages 7-22, April.
- Arjan de Haan, 2006. "Migration in the Development Studies Literature: Has It Come Out of Its Marginality?," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2006-19, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
KeywordsBihar; India; migration; development; livelihood strategy;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jdevst:v:38:y:2002:i:5:p:115-142. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/FJDS20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chris Longhurst (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/FJDS20 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.