Caste, land, and migration : a preliminary analysis of a village survey in an underdeveloped state in India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arjan de Haan, 2002. "Migration and Livelihoods in Historical Perspective: A Case Study of Bihar, India," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(5), pages 115-142.
More about this item
KeywordsIndia; Population movement; Caste; Social strata; Land tenure; Rural societies; Migration; Land; Bihar;
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2012-04-17 (Development)
- NEP-MIG-2012-04-17 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jet:dpaper:dpaper334. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Minami Tosa). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/idegvjp.html .