Livelihoods and poverty: The role of migration - a critical review of the migration literature
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Magnus Blomstrom & Ari Kokko & Mario Zejan, 1992. "Host Country Competition and Technology Transfer by Multinationals," NBER Working Papers 4131, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lapan, Harvey & Bardhan, Pranab, 1973. "Localized technical progress and transfer of technology and economic development," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 6(6), pages 585-595, December.
- Ronald Findlay, 1978. "Relative Backwardness, Direct Foreign Investment, and the Transfer of Technology: A Simple Dynamic Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 92(1), pages 1-16.
- Blomstrom, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1998.
" Multinational Corporations and Spillovers,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 247-277, July.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1996. "Multinational Corporations and Spillovers," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 99, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1996. "Multinational Corporations and Spillovers," CEPR Discussion Papers 1365, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Wang, Jian-Ye & Blomstrom, Magnus, 1992.
"Foreign investment and technology transfer : A simple model,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 137-155, January.
- Magnus Blomstrom & Jian-Ye Wang, 1989. "Foreign Investment and Technology Transfer: A Simple Model," NBER Working Papers 2958, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harrison, Ann & Haddad, Mona, 1993. "Are there dynamic externalities from direct foreign investment? Evidence for Morocco," MPRA Paper 36279, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Haddad, Mona & Harrison, Ann, 1993. "Are there positive spillovers from direct foreign investment? : Evidence from panel data for Morocco," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 51-74, October.
- Kokko, Ari, 1994. "Technology, market characteristics, and spillovers," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 279-293, April.
- Caves, Richard E, 1974. "Multinational Firms, Competition, and Productivity in Host-Country Markets," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 41(162), pages 176-193, May.
- Blomstrom, Magnus & Persson, Hakan, 1983. "Foreign investment and spillover efficiency in an underdeveloped economy: Evidence from the Mexican manufacturing industry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 493-501, June.
- Steven Globerman, 1979. "Foreign Direct Investment and `Spillover' Efficiency Benefits in Canadian Manufacturing Industries," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 12(1), pages 42-56, February.
- Ari Kokko, 1996. "Productivity spillovers from competition between local firms and foreign affiliates," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(4), pages 517-530.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rukmani Gounder, 2014. "Does Remittances Finance Welfare Development?: Evidence from the South Pacific Island Nation of Fiji," Proceedings of Economics and Finance Conferences 0401213, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Uma Kothari, 2003. "Staying put and staying poor?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(5), pages 645-657.
- Chandan K. Samal, 2006. "Remittances and sustainable livelihoods in semi-arid areas," Asia-Pacific Development Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 13(2), pages 73-92, December.
- Calogero Carletto & Jennica Larrison & Çaglar Özden, 2014.
"Informing migration policies: a data primer,"
Chapters,in: International Handbook on Migration and Economic Development, chapter 2, pages 9-41
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Carletto, Calogero & Larrison, Jennica & Ozden, Caglar, 2014. "Informing Migration Policies: A Data Primer," IZA Discussion Papers 8745, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Carletto, Calogero & Larrison, Jennica & Ozden, Caglar, 2014. "Informing migration policies : a data primer," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7082, The World Bank.
- Valerie Mueller & Abusaleh Shariff, 2011.
"Preliminary Evidence On Internal Migration, Remittances, And Teen Schooling In India,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(2), pages 207-217, April.
- Mueller, Valerie & Shariff, Abusaleh, 2009. "Preliminary evidence on internal migration, remittances, and teen schooling in India:," IFPRI discussion papers 858, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Valerie Mueller & Abusaleh Shariff, 2013. "Preliminary Evidence on Internal Migration, Remittances, and Teen Schooling in India," Working Papers id:5479, eSocialSciences.
- Görlich, Dennis & Trebesch, Christoph, 2006.
"Mass migration and seasonality: evidence on Moldova's labour exodus,"
Kiel Advanced Studies Working Papers
435, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Görlich, Dennis & Trebesch, Christoph, 2006. "Mass migration and seasonality: Evidence on Moldova's labour exodus," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 56, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Thomas Ziesemer, 2011.
"Growth with endogenous migration hump and the multiple, dynamically interacting effects of aid in poor developing countries,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(30), pages 4865-4878.
- Ziesemer, Thomas, 2008. "Growth with Endogenous Migration Hump and the Multiple, Dynamically Interacting Effects of Aid in Poor Developing Countries," MERIT Working Papers 057, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Alan De Brauw, 2007. "Seasonal Migration and Agriculture in Vietnam," Working Papers 07-04, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:8:p:1373-:d:106944 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dennis Görlich & Christoph Trebesch, 2008.
"Seasonal Migration and Networks—Evidence on Moldova’s Labour Exodus,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 144(1), pages 107-133, April.
- Görlich, Dennis & Trebesch, Christoph, 2008. "Seasonal migration and networks-evidence on Moldova’s labour exodus," Munich Reprints in Economics 20444, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Görlich, Dennis & Trebesch, Christoph, 2008. "Seasonal migration and networks: Evidence on Moldova's labour exodus," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 4282, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Kapur Mehta, Aasha & Shah, Amita, 2003. "Chronic Poverty in India: Incidence, Causes and Policies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 491-511, March.
- Vincent Z. Kuuire & Paul Mkandawire & Isaac Luginaah & Godwin Arku, 2016. "Abandoning land in search of farms: challenges of subsistence migrant farming in Ghana," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 33(2), pages 475-488, June.
- Ranathunga, Seetha P.B., 2011. "Impact of rural to urban labour migration and the remittances on sending household welfare: a Sri Lankan case study," MPRA Paper 35943, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Dec 2011.
- Pau Baizán & Amparo González-Ferrer, 2016. "What drives Senegalese migration to Europe? The role of economic restructuring, labor demand, and the multiplier effect of networks," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 35(13), pages 339-380, August.
- de Haan, A., 2011. "Inclusive growth?," ISS Working Papers - General Series 22201, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- repec:got:cegedp:56 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bove, Vincenzo & Elia, Leandro, 2017. "Migration, Diversity, and Economic Growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 227-239.
- Stefano Chianese, 2017. "The baraccati of Rome: internal migration, housing, and poverty in fascist Italy (1924-1933)," CEIS Research Paper 395, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 03 Feb 2017.
- Wouterse, Fleur, 2012. "Migration and Rural Welfare: The Impact of Potential Policy Reforms in Europe," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(12), pages 2427-2439.
- Tushar Agrawal & S .Chandrasekhar, 2015. "Short term migrants in India: Characteristics, wages and work transition," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2015-007, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Stefano Chianese, 2016. "The baraccati of Rome: internal migration, housing, and poverty in fascist Italy (1924-1933)," HHB Working Papers Series 6, The Historical Household Budgets Project.
- de Haan, Arjan, 2006. "Migration in the Development Studies Literature: Has It Come Out of Its Marginality?," WIDER Working Paper Series 019, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Wouterse, F. S., 2008. "Migration, poverty, and inequality: Evidence from Burkina Faso," IFPRI discussion papers 786, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Maryann Bylander & Erin Hamilton, 2015. "Loans and Leaving: Migration and the Expansion of Microcredit in Cambodia," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 34(5), pages 687-708, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jdevst:v:36:y:1999:i:2:p:1-47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/FJDS20 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .