Destinations Matter: Social Policy and Migrant Workers in the Times of Covid
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David Mosse & Sanjeev Gupta & Mona Mehta & Vidya Shah & Julia fnms Rees & KRIBP Project Team, 2002. "Brokered livelihoods: Debt, Labour Migration and Development in Tribal Western India," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(5), pages 59-88.
- Stephen Devereux & J. Allister McGregor & Rachel Sabates‐Wheeler, 2011. "Introduction: Social Protection for Social Justice," IDS Bulletin, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(6), pages 1-9, November.
- Nitya Rao, 2011. "Respect, Status and Domestic Work: Female Migrants at Home and Work," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 23(5), pages 758-773, December.
- Avato, Johanna & Koettl, Johannes & Sabates-Wheeler, Rachel, 2010. "Social Security Regimes, Global Estimates, and Good Practices: The Status of Social Protection for International Migrants," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 455-466, April.
- Priya Deshingkar & Shaheen Akter, 2009. "Migration and Human Development in India," Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present) HDRP-2009-13, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), revised Apr 2009.
- Stephen Devereux & J Allister McGregor, 2014. "Transforming Social Protection: Human Wellbeing and Social Justice," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 26(3), pages 296-310, July.
- Nitya Rao & Amit Mitra, 2013. "Migration, Representations and Social Relations: Experiences of Jharkhand Labour to Western Uttar Pradesh," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(6), pages 846-860, June.
- Uma Kothari, 2003. "Staying put and staying poor?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(5), pages 645-657.
- Naila Kabeer, 2002. "Safety Nets and Opportunity Ladders: Addressing Vulnerability and Enhancing Productivity in South Asia," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 20(5), pages 589-614, November.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- Priya Deshingkar & Pramod Sharma & Sushil Kumar & Shaheen Akter & John Farrington, 2008. "Circular migration in Madhya Pradesh: changing patterns and social protection needs," The European Journal of Development Research, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 20(4), pages 612-628.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Spencer Henson & Uma Kambhampati & Tewodaj Mogues & Wendy Olsen & Martin Prowse & Raul Ramos & John Rand & Rasjah Rasiah & Keetie Roelen & Rebecca Tiessen & O. Fiona Yap, 2020. "The Development Impacts of COVID-19 at Home and Abroad: Politics and Implications of Government Action," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 32(5), pages 1339-1352, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Emily Rains, 2018. "Urbanization and Indiaâ€™s Slum Continuum: Evidence on the Range of Policy Needs and Scope of Mobility," Working Papers id:12633, eSocialSciences.
- Lall, Somik V. & Selod, Harris & Shalizi, Zmarak, 2006. "Rural-urban migration in developing countries : a survey of theoretical predictions and empirical findings," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3915, The World Bank.
- de Haan, A., 2011. "Inclusive growth?," ISS Working Papers - General Series 22201, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Jawad, Rana, 2019. "A new era for social protection analysis in LMICs? A critical social policy perspective from the Middle East and North Africa region (MENA)," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 1-1.
- Diane Coffey & John Papp & Dean Spears, 2015. "Short-Term Labor Migration from Rural North India: Evidence from New Survey Data," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 34(3), pages 361-380, June.
- Rina Agarwala, 2017. "Using legal empowerment for labour rights in India," WIDER Working Paper Series 057, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Majumder, Rajarshi, 2012. "Workers on the move: migrated labour in post-reform india," MPRA Paper 44765, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brinda Viswanathan & K S Kavi Kumar, 2013.
"Rural Migration, Weather and Agriculture: Evidence from Indian Census Data,"
- Brinda Viswanathan & K. S. Kavi Kumar, 2013. "Rural Migration, Weather and Agriculture: Evidence from Indian Census Data," Working Papers 2013-080, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Amiya Bhatia & Jacqueline Bhabha, 2017. "India’s Aadhaar scheme and the promise of inclusive social protection," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(1), pages 64-79, January.
- Rajarshi Majumder & Farhat Naaz, 2016. "Workers on the move: Migrated labour in India in early 21st century," The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Springer;The Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE), vol. 59(3), pages 419-440, September.
- Rina Agarwala, 2017. "Using legal empowerment for labour rights in India," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2017-57, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Imbert, Clement & Papp, John, 2016.
"Short-term Migration Rural Workfare Programs and Urban Labor Markets - Evidence from India,"
Economic Research Papers
269578, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Imbert, Clément & Papp, John, 2016. "Short-term Migration Rural Workfare Programs and Urban Labor Markets - Evidence from India," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1116, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Jajati K. Parida & Merry Elizabeth John & Justin Sunny, 2020. "Construction labour migrants and wage inequality in Kerala," Journal of Social and Economic Development, Springer;Institute for Social and Economic Change, vol. 22(2), pages 414-442, December.
- Arcand, Jean-Louis & Mbaye, Linguère Mously, 2013.
"Braving the Waves: The Role of Time and Risk Preferences in Illegal Migration from Senegal,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7517, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Linguère M'BAYE & Jean-Louis ARCAND, 2013. "Braving the waves: the role of time and risk preferences in illegal migration from Senegal," Working Papers 201316, CERDI.
- Jean-Louis Arcand & Linguère M'Baye, 2013. "Braving the waves: the role of time and risk preferences in illegal migration from Senegal," Working Papers halshs-00855937, HAL.
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Ghosh, Arnab & Banerjee, Dibyendu, 2018. "Can public subsidy on education necessarily improve wage inequality?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 165-177.
- Dietrich Vollrath, 2009. "The dual economy in long-run development," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 287-312, December.
- Mohamed Amara & Hatem Jemmali, 2018.
"Deciphering the Relationship Between Internal Migration and Regional Disparities in Tunisia,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 135(1), pages 313-331, January.
- Mohamed Amara & Hatem Jemmali, 2016. "Deciphering the Relationship between Internal Migration and Regional Disparities in Tunisia," Working Papers 1043, Economic Research Forum, revised 09 Jan 2016.
- Ather Maqsood Ahmed & Ismail Sirageldin, 1993. "Socio-economic Determinants of Labour Mobility in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 32(2), pages 139-157.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew Oswald, 1995. "International Wage Curves," NBER Chapters, in: Differences and Changes in Wage Structures, pages 145-174, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Milo Bianchi, 2012.
"Financial Development, Entrepreneurship, and Job Satisfaction,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 94(1), pages 273-286, February.
- Milo Bianchi, 2008. "Financial development, entrepreneurship and job satisfaction," Working Papers halshs-00586059, HAL.
- Milo Bianchi, 2012. "Financial Development, Entrepreneurship, and Job Satisfaction," Post-Print hal-01629748, HAL.
- Milo Bianchi, 2012. "Financial Development, Entrepreneurship, and Job Satisfaction," Post-Print halshs-00670031, HAL.
- Milo Bianchi, 2008. "Financial development, entrepreneurship and job satisfaction," PSE Working Papers halshs-00586059, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsStranded migrants; Social protection; Citizenship; India;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:eurjdr:v:32:y:2020:i:5:d:10.1057_s41287-020-00326-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.