Between estimates of the environmental Kuznets curve
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Stern, David I., 2009. "Between Estimates of the Environmental Kuznets Curve," Research Reports 94883, Australian National University, Environmental Economics Research Hub.
- David I. Stern, 2010. "Between Estimates of the Environmental Kuznets Curve," CAMA Working Papers 2010-04, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stern, David I. & Common, Michael S., 2001.
"Is There an Environmental Kuznets Curve for Sulfur?,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 162-178, March.
- David I. Stern & Tony Auld & Michael S. Common & Kali K. Sanyal, 1998. "Is there an environmental Kuznets curve for sulfur?," Working Papers in Ecological Economics 9804, Australian National University, Centre for Resource and Environmental Studies, Ecological Economics Program.
- Jerry Hausman, 2001. "Mismeasured Variables in Econometric Analysis: Problems from the Right and Problems from the Left," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(4), pages 57-67, Fall.
- Martin Wagner & Georg Müller-Fürstenberger, 2004. "The Carbon Kuznets Curve: A Cloudy Picture Emitted by Bad Econometrics?," Diskussionsschriften dp0418, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Stern, David I., 2004.
"The Rise and Fall of the Environmental Kuznets Curve,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1419-1439, August.
- David I. Stern, 2003. "The Rise and Fall of the Environmental Kuznets Curve," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0302, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- David I. Stern, 2004. "Diffusion of Emissions Abating Technology," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0420, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Smith, Ron, 1995.
"Estimating long-run relationships from dynamic heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 79-113, July.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Smith, R., 1992. "Estimating Long-Run Relationships From Dynamic Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9215, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Wagner, Martin, 2008.
"The carbon Kuznets curve: A cloudy picture emitted by bad econometrics?,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 388-408, August.
- Wagner, Martin, 2006. "The Carbon Kuznets Curve. A Cloudy Picture Emitted by Bad Econometrics?," Economics Series 197, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Vollebergh, Herman R.J. & Melenberg, Bertrand & Dijkgraaf, Elbert, 2009. "Identifying reduced-form relations with panel data: The case of pollution and income," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 27-42, July.
- William Hauk & Romain Wacziarg, 2009. "A Monte Carlo study of growth regressions," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 103-147, June.
- List, John A. & Gallet, Craig A., 1999.
"The environmental Kuznets curve: does one size fit all?,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 409-423, December.
- Craig Gallet & John List, 1999. "The environmental Kuznets curve: does one size fit all," Natural Field Experiments 00527, The Field Experiments Website.
- Baltagi, Badi H & Griffin, James M, 1984. "Short and Long Run Effects in Pooled Models," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(3), pages 631-645, October.
- Pirotte, Alain, 1999. "Convergence of the static estimation toward the long run effects of dynamic panel data models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 151-158, May.
- David I. Stern, 2005. "The Effect of NAFTA on Energy and Environmental Efficiency in Mexico," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0511, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Roger Perman & David I. Stern, 2003.
"Evidence from panel unit root and cointegration tests that the Environmental Kuznets Curve does not exist,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 47(3), pages 325-347, September.
- Perman, Roger & Stern, David I., 2003. "Evidence from panel unit root and cointegration tests that the Environmental Kuznets Curve does not exist," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 47(3), pages 1-23, September.
- Peter Egger & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2005. "Estimating Long and Short Run Effects in Static Panel Models," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(3), pages 199-214.
- Martinez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada & Bengochea-Morancho, Aurelia, 2004. "Pooled mean group estimation of an environmental Kuznets curve for CO2," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 121-126, January.
- Peter Egger & Michael Pfaffermayr, 2002. "Long Run and Short Effects in Static Panel Models," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 B6-2, International Conferences on Panel Data.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Two Paper Submissions this Week
by David Stern in Stochastic Trend on 2009-12-11 12:56:00
- And then a Reject...
by David Stern in Stochastic Trend on 2009-11-21 04:22:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- George HALKOS, 2012. "Environmental Pollution And Economic Development:Explaining The Existence Of An Environmental Kuznets Curve," Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 6(6(18)/ Su), pages 148-159.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Shahzad, Syed Jawad Hussain & Kumar, Mantu, 2017. "Is Globalization Detrimental to CO2 Emissions in Japan? New Threshold Analysis," MPRA Paper 82413, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 03 Nov 2017.
- Halkos, George, 2011. "Environment and economic development: determinants of an EKC hypothesis," MPRA Paper 33262, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lamla, Michael J., 2009.
"Long-run determinants of pollution: A robustness analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 135-144, November.
- Michael J. Lamla, 2007. "Long-run Determinants of Pollution: A Robustness Analysis," KOF Working papers 07-164, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
More about this item
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:een:eenhrr:0934. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CAP Web Team). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/asanuau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.