Using School Scholarships to Estimate the Effect of Government Subsidized Private Education on Academic Achievement in Chile
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alan B. Krueger & Pei Zhu, 2002.
"Another Look at the New York City School Voucher Experiment,"
849, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Krueger, Alan B. & Zhu, Pei, 2003. "Another Look at the New York City School Voucher Experiment," Working Papers 1, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Education Research Section..
- Alan B. Krueger & Pei Zhu, 2003. "Another Look at the New York City School Voucher Experiment," NBER Working Papers 9418, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Krueger, Alan B. & Zhu, Pei, 2002. "Another Look at the New York City School Voucher Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 663, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra E. Todd, 1997. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator: Evidence from Evaluating a Job Training Programme," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 605-654.
- Cecilia Elena Rouse, 1998. "Private School Vouchers and Student Achievement: An Evaluation of the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 113(2), pages 553-602.
- Brian A. Jacob & Steven D. Levitt, 2003.
"Rotten Apples: An Investigation of the Prevalence and Predictors of Teacher Cheating,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 118(3), pages 843-877.
- Levitt, Steven D., 2002. "Rotten Apples: An Investigation of the Prevalence and Predictors of Teacher Cheating," Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series qt2wj7v1j4, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- Brian A. Jacob & Steven D. Levitt, 2003. "Rotten Apples: An Investigation of the Prevalence and Predictors of Teacher Cheating," NBER Working Papers 9413, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mizala, Alejandra & Romaguera, Pilar, 2001. "Factores socioeconómicos explicativos de los resultados escolares en la educación secundaria en Chile," El Trimestre Económico, Fondo de Cultura Económica, vol. 0(272), pages 515-549, Otubre-di.
- James J. Heckman & Jeffrey A. Smith, 1995. "Assessing the Case for Social Experiments," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 85-110, Spring.
- Andrea Tokman Ramos, 2002. "Is Private Education Better? Evidence from Chile," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 147, Central Bank of Chile.
- Hsieh, Chang-Tai & Urquiola, Miguel, 2006. "The effects of generalized school choice on achievement and stratification: Evidence from Chile's voucher program," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(8-9), pages 1477-1503, September.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra Todd, 1998. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(2), pages 261-294.
- Claudio Sapelli & Bernardita Vial, 2002. "The Performance of Private and Public Schools in the Chilean Voucher System," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 39(118), pages 423-454.
- Patrick McEwan, 2001. "The Effectiveness of Public, Catholic, and Non-Religious Private Schools in Chile's Voucher System," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 103-128.
- Alejandra Mizala & Pilar Romaguera, 2000. "School Performance and Choice: The Chilean Experience," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 35(2), pages 392-417.
- Edwin Leuven & Barbara Sianesi, 2003. "PSMATCH2: Stata module to perform full Mahalanobis and propensity score matching, common support graphing, and covariate imbalance testing," Statistical Software Components S432001, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 01 Feb 2018.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Idrovo Aguirre, Byron, 2007.
"¿Son las escuelas particulares subvencionadas mejores que las municipales? Estimación de la ecuación de logro escolar para Chile
[Are the subsidized particular schools better than the public school," MPRA Paper 10665, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nicolas Grau & Daniel Hojman & Alejandra Mizala, 2015. "Destructive Creation: School Turnover and Educational Attainment," Working Papers wp396, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Alejandro Carrasco & Ernesto San Mart’n, 2012. "Voucher system and school effectiveness: Reassessing school performance difference and parental choice decision-making," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 39(2 Year 20), pages 123-141, December.
- Bernardo Lara & Alejandra Mizala & Andrea Repetto, 2009.
"The Effectiveness of Private Voucher Education: Evidence from Structural School Switches,"
Documentos de Trabajo
263, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Andrea Repetto & Alejandra Mizala & Bernardo Lara, 2010. "The Effectiveness of Private Voucher Education: Evidence from Structural School Switches," 2010 Meeting Papers 104, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Paredes, Ricardo D. & Paredes, Valentina, 2009. "Chile: academic performance and educational management under a rigid employment regime," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- Andrea Repetto, 2013. "Vulnerabilidad y Oportunidades: Los Jóvenes Inactivos en Chile," Working Papers wp_031, Adolfo Ibáñez University, School of Government.
- Ambrose Nnaemeka Omeje & Solomon Ogbonna Abugu, 2015. "The Impact of Scholarships on Studentsâ€™ Academic Performance: A Case of Tertiary Institutions in Enugu State, Nigeria," Bulletin of Business and Economics (BBE), Research Foundation for Humanity (RFH), vol. 4(2), pages 93-104, June.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EDU-2006-09-16 (Education)
- NEP-LAM-2006-09-16 (Central & South America)
- NEP-PBE-2006-09-16 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2006-09-16 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:edj:ceauch:220. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ceuclcl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.