The long-run effects of portfolio capital inflow booms in developing countries: permanent structural hangovers after short-term financial euphoria
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Davide Castellani & Valentina Meliciani & Loredana Mirra, 2016.
"The Determinants of Inward Foreign Direct Investment in Business Services across European Regions,"
Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(4), pages 671-691, April.
- Davide CASTELLANI & Valentina MELICIANI & Loredana Mirra, 2012. "The determinants of inward foreign direct investment in business services across european regions," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 104/2012, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia.
- Valentina Meliciani & davide castellani & loredana mirra, 2013. "The Determinants Of Inward Foreign Direct Investment In Business Services Across European Regions," ERSA conference papers ersa13p861, European Regional Science Association.
- Acosta, Pablo A. & Lartey, Emmanuel K.K. & Mandelman, Federico S., 2009. "Remittances and the Dutch disease," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 102-116, September.
- Rajan, Raghuram G. & Subramanian, Arvind, 2011. "Aid, Dutch disease, and manufacturing growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 106-118, January.
- Anthony P. Thirlwall, 2011.
"Balance of payments constrained growth models: history and overview,"
PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 64(259), pages 307-351.
- A. P. Thirlwall, 2011. "Balance of Payments Constrained Growth Models: History and Overview," Studies in Economics 1111, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Rey, Hélène, 2015.
"Dilemma not Trilemma: The Global Financial Cycle and Monetary Policy Independence,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
10591, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hélène Rey, 2015. "Dilemma not Trilemma: The Global Financial Cycle and Monetary Policy Independence," NBER Working Papers 21162, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberto Botta & Antoine Godin & Marco Missaglia, 2016.
"Finance, foreign (direct) investment and dutch disease: the case of Colombia,"
Economia Politica: Journal of Analytical and Institutional Economics, Springer;Fondazione Edison, vol. 33(2), pages 265-289, August.
- Alberto Botta & Antoine Godin & Marco Missaglia, 2014. "Finance, Foreign (Direct) Investment and Dutch Disease: The Case of Colombia," DEM Working Papers Series 090, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
- Botta, Alberto & Godin, Antoine & Missaglia, Marco, 2016. "Finance, foreign (direct) investment, and the Dutch disease: the case of Colombia," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 15546, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Alberto Botta & Antoine Godin & Marco Missaglia, 2015. "Finance, Foreign Direct Investment, and Dutch Disease: The Case of Colombia," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_853, Levy Economics Institute.
- Botta, Alberto & Godin, Antoine & Missaglia, Marco, 2015. "Finance, foreign (direct) investment and Dutch disease: the case of Colombia," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 14066, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Jason Hwang & Dani Rodrik, 2007.
"What you export matters,"
Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 1-25, March.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Hwang, Jason & Rodrik, Dani, 2005. "What You Export Matters," Working Paper Series rwp05-063, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Hwang, Jason & Rodrik, Dani, 2006. "What You Export Matters," CEPR Discussion Papers 5444, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Jason Hwang & Dani Rodrik, 2005. "What You Export Matters," CID Working Papers 123, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Jason Hwang & Dani Rodrik, 2005. "What You Export Matters," NBER Working Papers 11905, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2000. "Inflation Targeting in Emerging-Market Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 105-109, May.
- Mario Cimoli & Gabriel Porcile & Sebastián Rovira, 2010. "Structural change and the BOP-constraint: why did Latin America fail to converge?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(2), pages 389-411, March.
- Ricardo Azevedo Araujo & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2007.
"A structural economic dynamics approach to balance-of-payments-constrained growth,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(5), pages 755-774, September.
- Ricardo Azevedo Araujo & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2006. "A Structural Economic Dynamics Approach To Balance-Of-Payments-Constrained Growth," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 119, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Roberto Frenkel & Martin Rapetti, 2009. "A developing country view of the current global crisis: what should not be forgotten and what should be done," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(4), pages 685-702, July.
- Emmanuel K. K. Lartey, 2011. "Financial Openness and the Dutch Disease," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 556-568, August.
- Valentina Meliciani & Maria Savona, 2015.
"The determinants of regional specialisation in business services: agglomeration economies, vertical linkages and innovation,"
Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(2), pages 387-416.
- Valentina Meliciani & Maria Savona, 2011. "The Determinants of Regional Specialisation in Business Services: Agglomeration Economies, Vertical Linkages and Innovation," SPRU Working Paper Series 193, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Botta, Alberto, 2017. "Dutch Disease-cum-financialization booms and external balance cycles in developing countries," Brazilian Journal of Political Economy, Brazilian Journal of Political Economy (Brazil), vol. 37(3), July-Sept.
- Michael Bruno & Jeffrey Sachs, 1982. "Energy and Resource Allocation: A Dynamic Model of the "Dutch Disease"," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(5), pages 845-859.
- Emmanuel K. K. Lartey, 2008. "Capital Inflows, Dutch Disease Effects, and Monetary Policy in a Small Open Economy," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(5), pages 971-989, November.
- Szirmai, Adam, 2012. "Industrialisation as an engine of growth in developing countries, 1950–2005," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 406-420.
- Michael Bruno & Jeffrey Sachs, 1982. "Energy and Resource Allocation: A Dynamic Model of the "Dutch Disease"," NBER Working Papers 0852, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dani Rodrik, 2009. "Growth after the Crisis," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 27937, December.
- C. A. Hidalgo & B. Klinger & A. -L. Barabasi & R. Hausmann, 2007. "The Product Space Conditions the Development of Nations," Papers 0708.2090, arXiv.org.
- Giancarlo Gandolfo, 2016.
"International Finance and Open-Economy Macroeconomics,"
Springer Texts in Business and Economics,
edition 2, number 978-3-662-49862-0, August.
- Gandolfo, Giancarlo & Goldberg, Michael D., 2005. "International Finance And Open-Economy Macroeconomics," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 263-266, April.
- Isabell Adenauer & Laurence Vagassky, 1998. "Aid and the real exchange rate: Dutch disease effects in African countries," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer;ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 33(4), pages 177-185, July.
- Ewa Karwowski & Engelbert Stockhammer, 2017.
"Financialisation in emerging economies: a systematic overview and comparison with Anglo-Saxon economies,"
Economic and Political Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 60-86, January.
- Karwowski, Ewa & Stockhammer, Engelbert, 2016. "Financialisation in Emerging Economies: A Systematic Overview and Comparison with Anglo-Saxon Economies," Economics Discussion Papers 2016-11, School of Economics, Kingston University London.
- Ewa Karwowski & Engelbert Stockhammer, 2016. "Financialisation in emerging economies: a systematic overview and comparison with Anglo-Saxon economies," Working Papers PKWP1616, Post Keynesian Economics Society (PKES).
- Corden, W Max & Neary, J Peter, 1982. "Booming Sector and De-Industrialisation in a Small Open Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(368), pages 825-848, December.
- Haraguchi, Nobuya & Cheng, Charles Fang Chin & Smeets, Eveline, 2017. "The Importance of Manufacturing in Economic Development: Has This Changed?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 293-315.
- Silva, Guilherme Jonas C. da & Santos, Júlio Fernando Costa & Baptista, Lívia Nalesso, 2017. "A Lei de Thirlwall multissetorial com fluxos de capitais: Uma análise do plano nacional de exportações (2015-2018) usando simulações computacionais," Brazilian Journal of Political Economy, Brazilian Journal of Political Economy (Brazil), vol. 37(3), July-Sept.
More about this item
KeywordsCAPITAL; MOVIMIENTOS DE CAPITAL; CORRIENTES FINANCIERAS; ESPECULACION; CICLOS ECONOMICOS; CAPITAL; CAPITAL MOVEMENTS; FINANCIAL FLOWS; SPECULATION; BUSINESS CYCLES;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-FDG-2018-12-17 (Financial Development & Growth)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecr:col026:44282. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Biblioteca CEPAL). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eclaccl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.