Bankruptcy Law and the Cost of Credit: The Impact of Cramdown on Mortgage Interest Rates
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Joshua Goodman & Adam Levitin, 2014. "Bankruptcy Law and the Cost of Credit: The Impact of Cramdown on Mortgage Interest Rates," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(1), pages 139-158.
- Goodman, Joshua Samuel & Levitin, Adam Jeremiah, 2012. "Bankruptcy Law and The Cost of Credit: The Impact of Cramdown on Mortgage Interest Rates," Scholarly Articles 9403179, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Joshua Goodman & Adam Levitin, "undated". "Bankruptcy Law and The Cost of Credit: The Impact of Cramdown on Mortgage Interest Rates," Working Paper 117016, Harvard University OpenScholar.
References listed on IDEAS
- Reint Gropp & John Karl Scholz & Michelle J. White, 1997. "Personal Bankruptcy and Credit Supply and Demand," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(1), pages 217-251.
- Christopher Mayer & Karen Pence & Shane M. Sherlund, 2009. "The Rise in Mortgage Defaults," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 27-50, Winter.
- Fitzpatrick, Thomas J. & Thomson, James B., 2010. "Stripdowns and bankruptcy: lessons from agricultural bankruptcy reform," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Aug.
- Jeremy Berkowitz & Michelle J. White, 2004. "Bankruptcy and Small Firms' Access to Credit," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 35(1), pages 69-84, Spring.
- Karl E. Case & John M. Quigley & Robert J. Shiller, 2011. "Wealth Effects Revisited 1978-2009," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1784, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Lin, Emily Y. & White, Michelle J., 2001. "Bankruptcy and the Market for Mortgage and Home Improvement Loans," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 138-162, July.
- Karen M. Pence, 2006. "Foreclosing on Opportunity: State Laws and Mortgage Credit," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 88(1), pages 177-182, February.
- Berkowitz, Jeremy & Hynes, Richard, 1999. "Bankruptcy Exemptions and the Market for Mortgage Loans," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 42(2), pages 809-830, October.
- Chomsisengphet, Souphala & Elul, Ronel, 2006. "Bankruptcy exemptions, credit history, and the mortgage market," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 171-188, January.
- Michelle J. White, 2011. "Corporate and Personal Bankruptcy Law," NBER Working Papers 17237, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wenli Li & Ishani Tewari & Michelle J. White, 2014.
"Using Bankruptcy to Reduce Foreclosures: Does Strip-down of Mortgages Affect the Supply of Mortgage Credit?,"
NBER Working Papers
19952, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wenli Li & Ishani Tewari & Michelle White, 2014. "Using Bankruptcy to Reduce Foreclosures: Does Strip-down of Mortgages Affect the Supply of Mortgage Credit?," CESifo Working Paper Series 4722, CESifo Group Munich.
- Li, Wenli & Tewari, Ishani & White, Michelle J., 2014. "Using bankruptcy to reduce foreclosures: does strip-down of mortgages affect the supply of mortgage credit?," Working Papers 14-35, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Dagher, Jihad & Sun, Yangfan, 2016.
"Borrower protection and the supply of credit: Evidence from foreclosure laws,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 121(1), pages 195-209.
- Jihad Dagher & Yangfan Sun, 2014. "Borrower Protection and the Supply of Credit; Evidence from Foreclosure Laws," IMF Working Papers 14/212, International Monetary Fund.
- Chakrabarti, Rajashri & Pattison, Nathaniel, 2016. "Auto credit and the 2005 bankruptcy reform: the impact of eliminating cramdowns," Staff Reports 797, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Wenli Li & Ishani Tewari & Michelle White, 2014. "Using Bankruptcy to Reduce Foreclosures," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 12(3), pages 31-38, October.
- Mandai, Yu, and Nakabayashi, Masaki, 2017. "Stabilize the Peasant Economy: Governance of Foreclosure by the Shogunate," ISS Discussion Paper Series (series F) f187, Institute of Social Science, The University of Tokyo, revised 28 Nov 2017.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2012-09-30 (Banking)
- NEP-URE-2012-09-30 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecl:harjfk:rwp12-037. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ksharus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.