Belief-free Equilibria in games with incomplete information
In this paper, the authors define belief-free equilibria in two-player games with incomplete information as sequential equilibria for which players’ continuation strategies are best-replies, after every history, independently of their beliefs about the state of nature. They characterize a set of payoffs that includes all belief-free equilibrium payoffs. Conversely, any payoff in the interior of this set is a belief-free equilibrium payoff.
|Date of creation:||01 May 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: HEC Paris, 78351 Jouy-en-Josas cedex, France|
Web page: http://www.hec.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- FORGES, Françoise, 1988.
"Repeated games of incomplete information: non-zero-sum,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1988005, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Forges, Francoise, 1992. "Repeated games of incomplete information: Non-zero-sum," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 6, pages 155-177 Elsevier.
- FORGES, Françoise, . "Repeated games of incomplete information: Non-zero sum," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1012, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ehud Kalai, 2004.
"Large Robust Games,"
Econometric Society, vol. 72(6), pages 1631-1665, November.
- Jeffrey C. Ely & Johannes Horner & Wojciech Olszewski, 2003.
"Belief-free Equilibria in Repeated Games,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
666156000000000367, David K. Levine.
- Forges, Francoise & Minelli, Enrico, 1997.
"A Property of Nash Equilibria in Repeated Games with Incomplete Information,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 159-175, February.
- Forges,F. & Minelli,E., 1995. "Property of Nash Equilibria in Repeated Games with Incomplete Information," Papers 9518, Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor..
- Cremer, Jacques & McLean, Richard P, 1985. "Optimal Selling Strategies under Uncertainty for a Discriminating Monopolist When Demands Are Interdependent," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 345-61, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebg:heccah:0845. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sandra Dupouy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.