Real Exchange Rate Euro-Dollar And Foreign Trade Balance: Analysis Of Spain, Germany And France In Comparison With The Usa. 1960-2007
One aim of this paper is to relate the evolution of real exchange rate Euro-Dollar to the foreign trade balance, with analysis three European countries: Spain, Germany and France, for the period 1960-2007. A second question is to analyse the effects of changes of REER on the evolution of Exports and Imports. A third point is to evaluate the impact of those changes on industrial and non industrial production and economic growth. We estimate an econometric model for the case of Spain that explains the causes and consequences of the huge increase of the trade deficit during the period 2004-2009 and we insist on the convenience to develop economic policies aimed to get higher levels of industrial production per inhabitant to increase Exports and to moderate foreign trade deficit.
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: (981) 56 31 00 Ext: 11518|
Fax: (981) 56 36 37
Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/welcomei.htm
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Sophie Béreau & Valérie Mignon, 2008. "Equilibrium Exchange Rates: a Guidebook for the Euro-Dollar Rate," Working Papers 2008-02, CEPII research center.
- Enrique Alberola & Susana G. Cervero & Humberto Lopez & Angel Ubide, 2000.
"Global Equilibrium Exchange Rates: Euro, Dollar, "Ins," "Outs," and Other Major Currencies in a Panel Cointegration Framework,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
0051, Econometric Society.
- Susana Garcia Cervero & J. Humberto Lopez & Enrique Alberola Ila & Angel J. Ubide, 1999. "Global Equilibrium Exchange Rates; Euro, Dollar, "Ins," "Outs," and Other Major Currencies in a Panel Cointegration Framework," IMF Working Papers 99/175, International Monetary Fund.
- Meese, Richard A. & Rogoff, Kenneth, 1983. "Empirical exchange rate models of the seventies : Do they fit out of sample?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1-2), pages 3-24, February.
- Cancelo, M.Teresa & Guisan, M.Carmen & Frias, Isidro, 2001. "Supply and Demand on Manufacturing Output in OECD countries: econometric models and specification test," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 1(2), pages 7-42.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eaa:ecodev:100. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.