Bad for Euroland, Worse for Germany: The ECB's Record
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 2005. "Basar-Ökonomie Deutschland - Exportweltmeister oder Schusslicht?," ifo Schnelldienst, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 58(06), pages 03-42, March.
- Kenen,Peter B., 1995. "Economic and Monetary Union in Europe," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521558839, December.
- George A. Akerlof & Andrew K. Rose & Janet L. Yellen & Helga Hessenius, 1991. "East Germany in from the Cold: The Economic Aftermath of Currency Union," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, pages 1-106.
- Levy, Daniel & Young, Andrew, 2004.
"The Real Thing: Nominal Price Rigidity of the Nickel Coke, 1886–1959,"
1046, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joerg Bibow, 2004. "Fiscal Consolidation Contrasting Strategies & Lessons from International Experience," Macroeconomics 0402014, EconWPA.
- Daniel Levy & Andrew Young, 2004. ""The Real Thing:" Nominal Price Rigidity of the Nickel Coke, 1886-1959," Emory Economics 0405, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Daniel Levy & Andrew T. Young, 2004. ""The Real Thing:" Nominal Price Rigidity of the Nickel Coke, 1886-1959," Working Papers 2004-2, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Eckhard Hein & Achim Truger, 2005.
"What ever happened to Germany? Is the decline of the former european key currency country caused by structural sclerosis or by macroeconomic mismanagement?,"
International Review of Applied Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 3-28.
- Eckhard Hein & Achim Truger, 2005. "What ever happened to Germany? Is the decline of the former European key currency country caused by structural sclerosis or by macroeconomic mismanagement?," Macroeconomics 0501007, EconWPA.
- Jorg Bibow, 2004.
"Assessing the ECB's Performance since the Global Slowdown A Structural Policy Bias Coming Home to Roost?,"
- Andrea Monticini & Giacomo Vaciago, 2005. "Are Europe's Interest Rates led by FED Announcements?," Macroeconomics 0507022, EconWPA.
- Jorg Bibow, 2005. "Germany in crisis: the unification challenge, macroeconomic policy shocks and traditions, and EMU," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 29-50.
- von Hagen, Jurgen, 1993.
"Monetary union, money demand, and money supply : A review of the German monetary union,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 803-827, May.
- von Hagen, Jürgen, 1992. "Monetary Union, Money Demand and Money Supply: A Review of the German Monetary Union," CEPR Discussion Papers 719, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- C. Randall Henning, 1994. "Currencies and Politics in the United States, Germany, and Japan," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 15.
- Adam S. Posen, 2003. "Is Germany Turning Japanese?," Working Paper Series WP03-2, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Kromphardt, Jürgen, 2003. "Lohnpolitik bei möglicher Deflation," Wirtschaftsdienst – Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftspolitik (1949 - 2007), ZBW – German National Library of Economics / Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 501-508.
- Philip Arestis & Malcolm Sawyer, 2001.
"Will The Euro Bring Economic Crisis to Europe?,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_322, Levy Economics Institute.
- Jörg Bibow, 2001. "Easy Money through the Back Door: The Markets vs. the ECB," Macroeconomics 0103004, EconWPA.
- Jorg Bibow, 2002. "The Markets versus the ECB, and the EURO's Plunge," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 28(1), pages 45-57, Winter.
- Jorg Bibow, 2004. "Investigating the Intellectual Origins of Euroland's Macroeconomic Policy Regime: Central Banking Institutions and Traditions in West Germany After the War," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_406, Levy Economics Institute.
- Jorg Bibow, 2004. "Assessing the ECB's Performance since the Global Slowdown: A Structural Policy Bias Coming Home to Roost?," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_409, Levy Economics Institute.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giovanni Cozzi & Jan Toporowski, 2006.
"The Balance Sheet Approach To Financial Crises In Emerging Markets,"
149, Department of Economics, SOAS, University of London, UK.
- Jorg Bibow, 2006. "Global Imbalances, Bretton Woods II, and Euroland's Role in All This," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_486, Levy Economics Institute.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-03-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2006-03-11 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2006-03-11 (European Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2006-03-11 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2006-03-11 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2006-03-11 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lev:wrkpap:wp_429. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Dunn). General contact details of provider: http://www.levyinstitute.org .