Northern Rock: The anatomy of a crisis – the prudential lessons
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Philip Strahan, 2008. "Liquidity Production in 21st Century Banking," NBER Working Papers 13798, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Larry Wall & Maria Nieto, 2006.
"Precondition for a Successful Implementation of Supervisors' Primpt Corrective Action: Is There a Case for a Banking Standard in the EU?,"
FMG Special Papers
sp165, Financial Markets Group.
- María J. Nieto & Larry D. Wall, 2007. "Preconditions for a successful implementation of supervisors' Prompt Corrective Action: Is there a case for a banking standard in the EU?," Working Papers 0702, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Goodhart, C., 2008. "Liquidity risk management," Financial Stability Review, Banque de France, issue 11, pages 39-44, February.
- Laurence Scialom & Michel Aglietta, 2003. "The Challenge of European Integration for Prudential Policy," FMG Special Papers sp152, Financial Markets Group.
- Laurence Scialom, 2007. "Pour une politique d'actions correctives précoces dans l'Union européenne : les carences institutionnelles et légales," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 89(3), pages 111-121.
- Robert A. Eisenbeis & George G. Kaufman, 2007. "Cross-border banking: challenges for deposit insurance and financial stability in the European Union," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2006-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Rochet, J C., 2008. "Liquidity regulation and the lender of last resort," Financial Stability Review, Banque de France, issue 11, pages 45-52, February.
- Laurence Scialom, 2006. "Pour une approche holiste du filet de sécurité financière dans l'Union Européenne : quelques arguments," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 116(4), pages 471-486.
- Mayes, David G., 2004. "Who pays for bank insolvency?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 515-551, April.
- Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Deniz Igan & Luc Laeven, 2008. "The U.S. subprime mortgage crisis: a credit boon gone bad?," Proceedings 1104, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Tirole, J., 2008. "Liquidity shortages: theoretical underpinnings," Financial Stability Review, Banque de France, issue 11, pages 53-63, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Farhi, Maryse & Cintra, Marcos Antonio Macedo, 2009. "The Financial Crisis and the Global Shadow Banking System1," Revue de la Régulation - Capitalisme, institutions, pouvoirs, Association Recherche et Régulation, vol. 5.
More about this item
Keywordsbank bankruptcy; deposit insurance; liquidity regulation;
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-12-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2008-12-14 (Banking)
- NEP-FMK-2008-12-14 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-HIS-2008-12-14 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-REG-2008-12-14 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:drm:wpaper:2008-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valerie Mignon). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/modemfr.html .