Evropské systémy pojištění vkladů: důsledky změn z roku 2008
[Impact of Parametric Changes in Deposit Insurance Schemes in 2008]
This study examines the question whether uncoordinated steps of some EU states changing their deposit insurance schemes in the middle of 2008 could have led to shift of deposits among EU countries. The paper deals with changes of the rules which were introduced at the end of year 2008, and concerns with the amended Directive on Deposit Guarantee Schemes. Empirical analysis concentrates on the impact of state guarantees on the deposit grow rate in individual states. In the final part, we discuss the consequences of recent development.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 2011 (2011)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: nam. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3|
Phone: (02) 24 09 51 11
Fax: (02) 24 22 06 57
Web page: http://www.vse.cz/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Redakce Politické ekonomie, Vysoká škola ekonomická, nám. W. Churchilla 4, 130 67 Praha 3|
Web: http://www.vse.cz/polek/ Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert A. Eisenbeis & George G. Kaufman, 2007. "Cross-border banking: challenges for deposit insurance and financial stability in the European Union," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2006-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- David S. Hoelscher & Michael W Taylor & Ulrich H Klueh, 2006. "The Design and Implementation of Deposit Insurance Systems," IMF Occasional Papers 251, International Monetary Fund.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1999.
"Market Discipline and Financial Safety Net Design,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2311, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Harry Huizinga & Gaëtan Nicodème, 2002.
"Deposit insurance and international bank deposits,"
European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015
164, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Sebastian Schich, 2009. "Expanded government guarantees for bank liabilities: Selected issues," OECD Journal: Financial Market Trends, OECD Publishing, vol. 2009(1), pages 89-123.
- Sebastian Schich, 2008. "Financial turbulence: Some lessons regarding deposit insurance," OECD Journal: Financial Market Trends, OECD Publishing, vol. 2008(1), pages 55-79.
- Morrison, Alan & White, Lucy, 2004.
"Is Deposit Insurance A Good Thing, And If So, Who Should Pay for It?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4424, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alan D. Morrison & Lucy White, 2004. "Is Deposit Insurance a Good Thing, and If So, Who Should Pay for It?," OFRC Working Papers Series 2004fe08, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Reint Gropp & Jukka M. Vesala, 2002.
"Deposit insurance, moral hazard, and market monitoring,"
823, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Reint Gropp & Jukka Vesala, 2004. "Deposit Insurance, Moral Hazard and Market Monitoring," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 8(4), pages 571-602.
- Gropp, Reint & Vesala, Jukka, 2004. "Deposit insurance, moral hazard and market monitoring," Working Paper Series 0302, European Central Bank.
- Huizinga, Harry & Nicodeme, Gaetan, 2006.
"Deposit insurance and international bank liabilities,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 965-987, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prg:jnlpol:v:2011:y:2011:i:5:id:813:p:659-679. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Frantisek Sokolovsky)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.