Product differentiation and entry timing in a continuous-time spatial competition model with vertical relations
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jouret:v:87:y:2011:i:s1:p:s53-s66 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hyunho Kim & Konstantinos Serfes, 2006. "A LOCATION MODEL WITH PREFERENCE FOR VARIETY -super-," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(4), pages 569-595, December.
- S. Sajeesh & Jagmohan S. Raju, 2010. "Positioning and Pricing in a Variety Seeking Market," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(6), pages 949-961, June.
- Ting Zhu & Vishal Singh, 2009. "Spatial competition with endogenous location choices: An application to discount retailing," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 1-35, March.
- Lambertini, Luca, 2002.
"Equilibrium locations in a spatial model with sequential entry in real time,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 47-58, January.
- L. Lambertini, 1998. "Equilibrium Locations in A Spatial Model With Sequential Entry in Real Time," Working Papers 326, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7520 is not listed on IDEAS
- Simon Loertscher & Gerd Muehlheusser, 2011. "Sequential location games," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 42(4), pages 639-663, December.
- Dobson, Paul W & Waterson, Michael, 1997. "Countervailing Power and Consumer Prices," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(441), pages 418-430, March.
- Tabuchi, Takatoshi & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1995. "Asymmetric equilibria in spatial competition," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 213-227.
- Erkal, Nisvan, 2007.
"Buyer-supplier interaction, asset specificity, and product choice,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 988-1010, October.
- Nisvan Erkal, 2003. "Buyer-Supplier Interaction, Asset Specificity, And Product Choice," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 885, The University of Melbourne.
- Ebina, Takeshi & Matsushima, Noriaki & Shimizu, Daisuke, 2015.
"Product differentiation and entry timing in a continuous time spatial competition model,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 247(3), pages 904-913.
- Takeshi Ebina & Noriaki Matsushima & Daisuke Shimizu, 2014. "Product differentiation and entry timing in a continuous time spatial competition model," ISER Discussion Paper 0915, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Hwang, M. & Bronnenberg, B.J. & Thomadsen, R., 2010. "An empirical analysis of assortment similarities across U.S. supermarkets," Other publications TiSEM adc990b3-1d5b-4fab-8679-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Alipranti, Maria & Milliou, Chrysovalantou & Petrakis, Emmanuel, 2015.
"On vertical relations and the timing of technology adoption,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 117-129.
- Alipranti, Maria & Milliou, Chrysovalantou & Petrakis, Emmanuel, 2015. "On vertical relations and the timing of technology adoption," DICE Discussion Papers 198, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Jagmohan Raju & Z. John Zhang, 2005. "Channel Coordination in the Presence of a Dominant Retailer," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(2), pages 254-262, February.
- Roman Inderst & Greg Shaffer, 2009. "Market power, price discrimination, and allocative efficiency in intermediate-goods markets," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 40(4), pages 658-672.
- Preyas S. Desai, 2001. "Quality Segmentation in Spatial Markets: When Does Cannibalization Affect Product Line Design?," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(3), pages 265-283, August.
- Chen, Zhiqi, 2003.
" Dominant Retailers and the Countervailing-Power Hypothesis,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 34(4), pages 612-625, Winter.
- Zhiqi Chen, 2001. "Dominant Retailers and the Countervailing Power Hypothesis," Carleton Economic Papers 01-05, Carleton University, Department of Economics, revised 2003.
- Michaela Draganska & Michael Mazzeo & Katja Seim, 2009.
"Beyond plain vanilla: Modeling joint product assortment and pricing decisions,"
Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME),
Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 105-146, June.
- Draganska, Michaela & Seim, Katja & Mazzeo, Michael, 2007. "Beyond Plain Vanilla: Modeling Joint Product Assortment and Pricing Decisions," Research Papers 1982, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Roman Inderst & Greg Shaffer, 2007. "Retail Mergers, Buyer Power and Product Variety," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(516), pages 45-67, January.
- John R. Hauser, 1988. "Note—Competitive Price and Positioning Strategies," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(1), pages 76-91.
- Brekke, Kurt R. & Straume, Odd Rune, 2004. "Bilateral monopolies and location choice," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 275-288, May.
- Emmanuel Raynaud & Loïc Sauvée & Egizio Valceschini, 2009. "Aligning branding strategies and governance of vertical transactions in agri-food chains," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(5), pages 835-868, October.
- A. Orhun, 2013. "Spatial differentiation in the supermarket industry: The role of common information," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 3-37, March.
- Bart J. Bronnenberg & Vijay Mahajan, 2001. "Unobserved Retailer Behavior in Multimarket Data: Joint Spatial Dependence in Market Shares and Promotion Variables," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(3), pages 284-299, October.
- Muthoo,Abhinay, 1999. "Bargaining Theory with Applications," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521576475, April.
- Raphael Thomadsen, 2007. "Product Positioning and Competition: The Role of Location in the Fast Food Industry," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(6), pages 792-804, 11-12.
- Henrick Horn & Asher Wolinsky, 1988. "Bilateral Monopolies and Incentives for Merger," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(3), pages 408-419, Autumn.
- Tansev Geylani & Anthony J. Dukes & Kannan Srinivasan, 2007. "Strategic Manufacturer Response to a Dominant Retailer," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(2), pages 164-178, 03-04.
- Minha Hwang & Bart J. Bronnenberg & Raphael Thomadsen, 2010. "An Empirical Analysis of Assortment Similarities Across U.S. Supermarkets," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(5), pages 858-879, 09-10.
- d'Aspremont, C & Gabszewicz, Jean Jaskold & Thisse, J-F, 1979. "On Hotelling's "Stability in Competition"," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1145-1150, September.
- Dmitri Kuksov, 2004. "Buyer Search Costs and Endogenous Product Design," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(4), pages 490-499, May.
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:27:y:2010:i:2:p:91-106 is not listed on IDEAS
- Noriaki Matsushima & Cong Pan, 2016. "Strategic Perils of Outsourcing: Sourcing Strategy and Product Positioning," ISER Discussion Paper 0983, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Wernerfelt, Birger, 1986. "Product Line Rivalry: Note," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 842-844, September.
- Kathleen Cleeren & Frank Verboven & Marnik G. Dekimpe & Katrijn Gielens, 2010.
"Intra- and Interformat Competition Among Discounters and Supermarkets,"
INFORMS, vol. 29(3), pages 456-473, 05-06.
- Cleeren, Kathleen & Dekimpe, Marnik G. & Gielens, Katrijn & Verboven, Frank, 2008. "Intra- and Inter-Format Competition Among Discounters and Supermarkets," CEPR Discussion Papers 6964, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Matsushima, Noriaki, 2004. "Technology of upstream firms and equilibrium product differentiation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1091-1114, November.
- Takeshi Ebina & Noriaki Matsushima & Katsumasa Nishide, 2017. "Demand uncertainty, product differentiation, and entry timing under spatial competition," ISER Discussion Paper 1007, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-09-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2017-09-03 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-GEO-2017-09-03 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-IND-2017-09-03 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MKT-2017-09-03 (Marketing)
- NEP-URE-2017-09-03 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dpr:wpaper:1009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fumiko Matsumoto). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/isosujp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.