Bilateral monopolies and location choice
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Neven, Damien J., 1986.
"On Hotelling's competition with non-uniform customer distributions,"
Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 121-126.
- Neven, D., 1985. "On hotelling’s competition with non uniform customer distributions," CORE Discussion Papers 1985044, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- James W. Friedman & Jacques-Francois Thisse, 1993.
"Partial Collusion Fosters Minimum Product Differentiation,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 24(4), pages 631-645, Winter.
- FRIEDMAN, James W. & THISSE, Jacques-François, 1993. "Partial collusion fosters minimum product differentiation," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1070, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jehiel, Philippe, 1992. "Product differentiation and price collusion," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 633-641, December.
- Grandner, Thomas, 2001. "Unions in oligopolistic, vertically connected industries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(9), pages 1723-1740, October.
- Lambertini, Luca, 1997. "Unicity of the equilibrium in the unconstrained Hotelling model," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 785-798, November.
- Rath, Kali P. & Zhao, Gongyun, 2001. "Two stage equilibrium and product choice with elastic demand," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(9), pages 1441-1455, November.
- Gupta, Barnali & Katz, Amoz & Pal, Debashis, 1994. "Upstream monopoly, downsteam competition and spatial price discrimination," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 529-542, October.
- Riordan, Michael H. & Williamson, Oliver E., 1985. "Asset specificity and economic organization," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 365-378, December.
- Davidson, Carl, 1988. "Multiunit Bargaining in Oligopolistic Industries," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(3), pages 397-422, July.
- Mayer, Thierry, 2000.
"Spatial Cournot competition and heterogeneous production costs across locations,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 325-352, May.
- Mayer, T., 1999. "Spatial Cournot Competition and Heterogeneous Production Costs Across Locations," Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications 1999.89, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Thierry Mayer, 2000. "Spatial Cournot Competition and Heterogeneous Production Costs Across Locations," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00267443, HAL.
- Henrick Horn & Asher Wolinsky, 1988. "Bilateral Monopolies and Incentives for Merger," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(3), pages 408-419, Autumn.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1983. "Credible Commitments: Using Hostages to Support Exchange," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(4), pages 519-540, September.
- d'Aspremont, C & Gabszewicz, Jean Jaskold & Thisse, J-F, 1979. "On Hotelling's "Stability in Competition"," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1145-1150, September.
- Bughin, Jacques, 1999. "The strategic choice of union-oligopoly bargaining agenda," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(7), pages 1029-1040, October.
- Tabuchi, Takatoshi & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1995. "Asymmetric equilibria in spatial competition," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 213-227.
- Mai, Chao-cheng & Peng, Shin-kun, 1999. "Cooperation vs. competition in a spatial model," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 463-472, July.
- Anderson, Simon P. & Goeree, Jacob K. & Ramer, Roald, 1997. "Location, Location, Location," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 102-127, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juan Bárcena-Ruiz & F. Casado-Izaga, 2008. "Timing of endogenous bargaining over costs and firms’ locations," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 95(2), pages 149-166, November.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:12:y:2008:i:22:p:1-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:revind:v:52:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11151-017-9568-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Hans Jarle Kind & Guttorm Schjelderup & Frank Stähler, 2013.
"Newspaper Differentiation and Investments in Journalism: The Role of Tax Policy,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 80(317), pages 131-148, January.
- Kind, Hans Jarle & Schjelderup, Guttorm & Stähler, Frank, 2009. "Newspaper Differentiation and Investments in Journalism: The Role of Tax Policy," Discussion Papers 2009/12, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Hans Jarle Kind & Guttorm Schjelderup & Frank Stähler, 2011. "Newspaper Differentiation and Investments in Journalism: The Role of Tax Policy," CESifo Working Paper Series 3582, CESifo Group Munich.
- Kind, Hans Jarle & Schjelderup, Guttorm & Stähler, Frank, 2011. "Newspaper Differentiation and Investments in Journalism: The Role of Tax Policy," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 16/2011, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Matteo Bassi & Marco Pagnozzi & Salvatore Piccolo, 2015. "Product Differentiation by Competing Vertical Hierarchies," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(4), pages 904-933, October.
- Takeshi Ebina & Noriaki Matsushima, 2017. "Product differentiation and entry timing in a continuous-time spatial competition model with vertical relations," ISER Discussion Paper 1009, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Choi, Kangsik, 2010. "The Timing of Endogenous Wage Setting under Bertrand Competition in a Unionized Mixed Duopoly," MPRA Paper 20205, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kourandi, Frago & Vettas, Nikolaos, 2010. "Endogenous Spatial Differentiation with Vertical Contracting," CEPR Discussion Papers 7948, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Noriaki Matsushima & Tomomichi Mizuno, 2009. "Input specificity and product differentiation," ISER Discussion Paper 0745, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Kai Zhao, 2015. "Delegation study in asymmetric game," Economia Politica: Journal of Analytical and Institutional Economics, Springer;Fondazione Edison, vol. 32(2), pages 221-244, August.
- Domenico Buccella, 2014. "Bargaining Structures and Agendas in an Unconstrained Hotelling Model," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 8(3), pages 149-167, December.
- Choi, Kangsik, 2009. "Government's Preference and Timing of Endogenous Wage Setting: Perspectives on Privatization and Mixed Duopoly," MPRA Paper 17221, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Qiang Wang & Qi Chen, 2008. "Cournot competition and location choice with wage bargaining," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 12(22), pages 1-5.
- Juan Bárcena-Ruiz & F. Casado-Izaga, 2012. "Location of public and private firms under endogenous timing of choices," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 105(2), pages 129-143, March.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Noriaki Matsushima, 2007. "On patent licensing in spatial competition with endogenous location choice," Discussion Papers 2007-35, Kobe University, Graduate School of Business Administration.
- Guo, Wen-Chung & Lai, Fu-Chuan & Zeng, Dao-Zhi, 2015. "A Hotelling model with production," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 40-49.
More about this item
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- R30 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:34:y:2004:i:3:p:275-288. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.