Intraday Anomalies and Market Efficiency: A Trading Robot Analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Luis Gil-Alana & Alex Plastun & Inna Makarenko, 2016. "Intraday Anomalies and Market Efficiency: A Trading Robot Analysis," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 47(2), pages 275-295, February.
- Guglielmo Caporale & Luis Gil-Alana & Alex Plastun & Inna Makarenko, 2016. "Intraday Anomalies and Market Efficiency: A Trading Robot Analysis," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 47(2), pages 275-295, February.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Luis A. Gil-Alana & Alex Plastun & Inna Makarenko, 2014. "Intraday Anomalies and Market Efficiency: A Trading Robot Analysis," CESifo Working Paper Series 4752, CESifo Group Munich.
References listed on IDEAS
- A. Abhyankar & D. Ghosh & E. Levin & R.J. Limmack, 1997.
"Bid-ask Spreads, Trading Volume and Volatility: Intra-day Evidence from the London Stock Exchange,"
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 343-362.
- A Abhyankar & D Ghosh & E Levin & R J Limmack, 1995. "Bid-Ask Spreads, Trading Volume and Volatility: Intraday Evidence from the London Stock Exchange," Working Papers Series 95/11, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Wood, Robert A & McInish, Thomas H & Ord, J Keith, 1985. " An Investigation of Transactions Data for NYSE Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 723-739, July.
- Pawel STRAWINSKI & Robert SLEPACZUK, 2008. "Analysis Of High Frequency Data On The Warsaw Stock Exchange In The Context Of Efficient Market Hypothesis," Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 3(3(5)_Fall), pages 306-319.
- Çankaya, Serkan & Eken, Hasan/M. & Ulusoy, Veysel, 2011. "The Impact of Short Selling on Intraday Volatility: Evidence from the Istanbul Stock Exchange," MPRA Paper 43658, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1980.
"On the Impossibility of Informationally Efficient Markets,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 393-408, June.
- Sanford J Grossman & Joseph E Stiglitz, 1997. "On the Impossibility of Informationally Efficient Markets," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1908, David K. Levine.
- Jensen, Michael C., 1978. "Some anomalous evidence regarding market efficiency," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2-3), pages 95-101.
- Anat R. Admati, Paul Pfleiderer, 1988. "A Theory of Intraday Patterns: Volume and Price Variability," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 3-40.
- CORONEO, Laura & VEREDAS, David, 2006. "Intradaily seasonality of returns distribution. A quantile regression approach and intradaily VaR estimation," CORE Discussion Papers 2006077, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Harris, Lawrence, 1989. "A Day-End Transaction Price Anomaly," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(01), pages 29-45, March.
- Thaler, Richard H, 1987. "Seasonal Movements in Security Prices II: Weekend, Holiday, Turn of the Month, and Intraday Effects," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 1(2), pages 169-177, Fall.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Harris, Lawrence, 1986. "A transaction data study of weekly and intradaily patterns in stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 99-117, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:rujoec:v:3:y:2017:i:1:p:101-108 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEfficient Market Hypothesis; intraday patterns; time of the day anomaly; trading strategy;
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-07-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2014-07-05 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-MST-2014-07-05 (Market Microstructure)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp1377. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .