The Effects of Terrorism and War on the Oil and Prices Stock Indices Relationship
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jussi Nikkinen & Sami Vähämaa, 2010. "Terrorism and Stock Market Sentiment," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 45(2), pages 263-275, May.
- Park, Jungwook & Ratti, Ronald A., 2008. "Oil price shocks and stock markets in the U.S. and 13 European countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2587-2608, September.
- Miller, J. Isaac & Ratti, Ronald A., 2009.
"Crude oil and stock markets: Stability, instability, and bubbles,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 559-568, July.
- J. Isaac Miller & Ronald Ratti, 2008. "Crude Oil and Stock Markets: Stability, Instability, and Bubbles," Working Papers 0810, Department of Economics, University of Missouri, revised 20 Jan 2009.
- Eldor, Rafi & Melnick, Rafi, 2004. "Financial markets and terrorism," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 367-386, June.
- Papapetrou, Evangelia, 2001. "Oil price shocks, stock market, economic activity and employment in Greece," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 511-532, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christos Kollias & Stephanos Papadamou & Costas Siriopoulos, 2012. "Terrorism Induced Cross-Market Transmission of Shocks: A Case Study Using Intraday Data," Economics of Security Working Paper Series 66, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Chen, Junyi & Kibriya, Shahriar & Bessler, David A. & Price, Edwin C., 2015. "A Causal Exploration of Food Price Shocks and Conflict in Sudan," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 202612, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Rania Jammazi & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2015.
"Responses of international stock markets to oil price surges: a regime-switching perspective,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(41), pages 4408-4422, September.
- Rania Jammazi & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2014. "Responses of international stock markets to oil price surges: a regimeswitching perspective," Working Papers 2014-80, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Nicholas Apergis & Matteo Bonato & Rangan Gupta & Clement Kyei, 2016. "Does Geopolitical Risks Predict Stock Returns and Volatility of Leading Defense Companies? Evidence from a Nonparametric Approach," Working Papers 201671, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-085 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elie Bouri & Riza Demirer & Rangan Gupta & Hardik A. Marfatia, 2017. "Geopolitical Risks and Movements in Islamic Bond and Equity Markets: A Note," Working Papers 201743, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-080 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Junyi & Kibriya, Shahriar & Bessler, David & Price, Edwin, 2015. "A Causal Exploration of Conflict Events and Commodity Prices of Sudan," MPRA Paper 62461, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordswar; terrorism; crude oil; stock market returns; co-movement;
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- E0 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-01-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2012-01-25 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-ENE-2012-01-25 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diweos:diweos57. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .