Achieving the Triple Dividend in Portugal: A Dynamic General-Equilibrium Evaluation of a Carbon Tax Indexed to Emissions Trading
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dissou, Yazid, 2005. "Cost-effectiveness of the performance standard system to reduce CO2 emissions in Canada: a general equilibrium analysis," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 187-207, October.
- Bovenberg, A. Lans & Goulder, Lawrence H. & Jacobsen, Mark R., 2008.
"Costs of alternative environmental policy instruments in the presence of industry compensation requirements,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(5-6), pages 1236-1253, June.
- Bovenberg, A.L. & Goulder, L.H. & Jacobson, M.R., 2006. "Costs of Alternative Environmental Policy Instruments in the Presence of Industry Compensation Requirements," Discussion Paper 2006-127, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Pereira, Alfredo M. & Pereira, Rui M., 2014.
"On the environmental, economic and budgetary impacts of fossil fuel prices: A dynamic general equilibrium analysis of the Portuguese case,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 248-261.
- Alfredo Marvão Pereira & Rui M. Pereira, 2011. "On the environmental, economic and budgetary impacts of fossil fuel prices: A dynamic general equilibrium analysis of the Portuguese case," Working Papers 110, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Alfredo Pereira & Rui Pereira, 2013.
"Fossil fuel prices and the economic and budgetary challenges of a small energy-importing economy: the case of Portugal,"
Portuguese Economic Journal,
Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 12(3), pages 181-214, December.
- Alfredo Marvão Pereira & Rui M. Pereira, 2012. "Fossil Fuel Prices and the Economic and Budgetary Challenges of a Small Energy-Importing Economy: The Case of Portugal," Working Papers 115, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Alfredo Marvão Pereira & Rui M. Pereira, 2014. "What is it going to take to achieve 2020 Emission Targets? Marginal abatement cost curves and the budgetary impact of CO2 taxation in Portugal (," Working Papers 105, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Goulder, Lawrence H. & Parry, Ian W. H. & Williams III, Roberton C. & Burtraw, Dallas, 1999.
"The cost-effectiveness of alternative instruments for environmental protection in a second-best setting,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 329-360, June.
- Lawrence H. Goulder & Ian W. H. Parry & Roberton C. Williams III & Dallas Burtraw, 1998. "The Cost-Effectiveness of Alternative Instruments for Environmental Protection in a Second-Best Setting," NBER Working Papers 6464, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Burtraw, Dallas & Parry, Ian & Goulder, Lawrence & Williams III, Roberton, 1998. "The Cost-Effectiveness of Alternative Instruments for Environmental Protection in a Second-Best Setting," Discussion Papers dp-98-22, Resources For the Future.
- Koetse, Mark J. & de Groot, Henri L.F. & Florax, Raymond J.G.M., 2008.
"Capital-energy substitution and shifts in factor demand: A meta-analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2236-2251, September.
- Mark J. Koetse & Henri L.F. de Groot & Raymond J.G.M. Florax, 2006. "Capital-Energy Substitution and Shifts in Factor Demand: A Meta-Analysis," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 06-061/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Alfredo M. Pereira & Pedro G. Rodrigues, 2004. "Strategies for Fiscal Reform in the Context of the EMU: the Case of Portugal," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 141-163, February.
- Alfredo M. Pereira & Rui M. Pereira, 2017.
"Reducing carbon emissions in Portugal: the relative roles of fossil fuel prices, energy efficiency, and carbon taxation,"
Journal of Environmental Planning and Management,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 60(10), pages 1825-1852, October.
- Alfredo Marvão Pereira & Rui M. Pereira, 2015. "Reducing Carbon Emissions in Portugal: The Relative Roles of Fossil-Fuel Prices, Energy Efficiency, and Carbon Taxation," Working Papers 154, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Alfredo M. Pereira & Rui M. Pereira, 2014. "Environmental Fiscal Reform and Fiscal Consolidation," Public Finance Review, , vol. 42(2), pages 222-253, March.
- Alfredo Marvão Pereira & Rui M. Pereira, 2012. "DGEP - A Dynamic General Equilibrium Model of the Portuguese Economy: Model Documentation," Working Papers 127, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Pedro G. Rodrigues & Alfredo M. Pereira, 2000. "On The Impact Of A Tax Reform Package In Portugal," Computing in Economics and Finance 2000 353, Society for Computational Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pereira, Alfredo M. & Pereira, Rui M. & Rodrigues, Pedro G., 2016.
"A new carbon tax in Portugal: A missed opportunity to achieve the triple dividend?,"
Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 110-118.
- Alfredo Marvão Pereira & Rui M. Pereira & Pedro G. Rodriguesa, 2016. "A New Carbon Tax in Portugal: A Missed Opportunity to Achieve the Triple Dividend?," Working Papers 161, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- repec:gam:jecomi:v:6:y:2018:i:1:p:7-:d:129170 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCarbon Taxation; Economic Effects; Budgetary Effects; Three Dividends; Dynamic General- Equilibrium; Endogenous Growth; Portugal.;
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
- O44 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Environment and Growth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DGE-2015-02-16 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-ENE-2015-02-16 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2015-02-16 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-RES-2015-02-16 (Resource Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cwm:wpaper:155. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Daifeng He) or (Alfredo Pereira). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decwmus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.