The invariance properties of the Mutual Information index of multigroup segregation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert Hutchens, 2004. "One Measure of Segregation," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 45(2), pages 555-578, May.
- Oscar Volij & David Frankel, 2004.
Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings
210, Econometric Society.
- Frankel, David M. & Volij, Oscar, 2007. "Measuring Segregation," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12818, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Frankel, David M. & Volij, Oscar, 2010. "Measuring Segregation," Staff General Research Papers Archive 32130, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- David M. Frankel & Oscar Volij, 2007. "Measuring Segregation," Working Papers 0703, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics.
- David Frankel & Oscar Volij, 2005. "Measuring Segregation," Economic theory and game theory 017, Oscar Volij.
- Mora, Ricardo & Ruiz-Castillo, Javier, 2008. "A defense of an entropy based index of multigroup segregation," UC3M Working papers. Economics we074645, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Karmel, T & Maclachlan, M, 1988. "Occupational Sex Segregation--Increasing or Decreasing?," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 64(186), pages 187-195, September.
- Hutchens, Robert, 2001. "Numerical measures of segregation: desirable properties and their implications," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 13-29, July.
- Francine D. Blau & Wallace E. Hendricks, 1979. "Occupational Segregation by Sex: Trends and Prospects," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 14(2), pages 197-210.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fernanda Estevan & Thomas Gall; Patrick Legros; Andrew F. Newman, 2014.
"College Admission and High School Integration,"
Working Papers, Department of Economics
2014_26, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Fernanda Estevan & Thomas Gall & Patrick Legros, 2017. "College Admission and High School Integration," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2017-25, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Fernanda Estevan & Thomas Gall & Patrick Legros & Andrew Newman, 2017. "College Admission and High School Integration," Working Papers 2017-022, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Estevan, Fernanda & Gall, Thomas & Legros, Patrick & Newman, Andrew, 2017. "College Admission and High School Integration," CEPR Discussion Papers 11910, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Martin Watts, 2014. "Spatial indexes: a focus on segregation," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Spatially Integrated Social Science, chapter 15, pages 287-314 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Coral Río & Olga Alonso-Villar, 2010.
"Gender Segregation in the Spanish Labor Market: An Alternative Approach,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 98(2), pages 337-362, September.
- Coral del Río & Olga Alonso-Villar, 2009. "Gender segregation in the Spanish labor market: An alternative approach," Working Papers 0904, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Van Puyenbroeck, Tom & De Bruyne, Karolien & Sels, Luc, 2012.
"More than ‘Mutual Information’: Educational and sectoral gender segregation and their interaction on the Flemish labor market,"
Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 1-8.
- Tom VAN PUYENBROECK & Karolien DE BRUYNE & Luc SELS, 2010. "More than 'mutual information': educational and sectoral gender segregation and their interaction on the Flemish labour market," Working Papers Department of Economics ces10.25, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Van Puyenbroeck, Tom & De Bruyne, Karolien & Sels, Luc, 2010. "More than 'Mutual Information': Educational and Sectoral Gender Segregation and their Interaction on the Flemish Labour Market," Working Papers 2010/29, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
- Luiz Dias Bahia & Danilo Coelho & Alexandre Messa Silva & Sergei Soares, 2009. "A Evolução da Segregação por Qualificação Profissional ao Nível das Firmas," Discussion Papers 1406, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Carlos Gradín, 2013.
"Conditional occupational segregation of minorities in the US,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 11(4), pages 473-493, December.
- Carlos Gradín, 2010. "Conditional occupational segregation of minorities in the U.S," Working Papers 185, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Rebecca Allen & Simon Burgess & Frank Windmeijer, 2009. "More Reliable Inference for Segregation Indices," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 09/216, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
More about this item
KeywordsGender segregation measurement;
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cte:werepe:we077544. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Poveda). General contact details of provider: http://www.eco.uc3m.es/ .