The axiomatic properties of an entropy based index of segregation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert Hutchens, 2004. "One Measure of Segregation," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 45(2), pages 555-578, May.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1980. "The Class of Additively Decomposable Inequality Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(3), pages 613-625, April.
- Boisso, Dale & Hayes, Kathy & Hirschberg, Joseph & Silber, Jacques, 1994. "Occupational segregation in the multidimensional case : Decomposition and tests of significance," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 161-171, March.
- Silber, Jacques G., 1989. "On the measurement of employment segregation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 237-243, September.
- Butler, Richard J., 1987. "New indices of segregation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 359-362.
- Silber, Jacques, 1992. "Occupational Segregation Indices in the Multidimensional Case: A Note," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 68(202), pages 276-277, September.
- Anthony F. Shorrocks & James E. Foster, 1987. "Transfer Sensitive Inequality Measures," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(3), pages 485-497.
- Ricardo Mora & Javier Ruiz-Castillo, 2003.
"Additively Decomposable Segregation Indexes. The Case of Gender Segregation by Occupations and Human Capital Levels in Spain,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 1(2), pages 147-179, August.
- Mora, Ricardo & Ruiz-Castillo, Javier, 2003. "Additively decomposable segregation indexes. The case of gender segregation by occupations and human capital levels in Spain," UC3M Working papers. Economics we031503, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Mora, Ricardo & Ruiz-Castillo, Javier, 2003. "An evaluation of an entropy based index of segregation," UC3M Working papers. Economics we034014, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Victor R. Fuchs, 1975. "A Note on Sex Segregation in Professional Occupations," NBER Chapters,in: Explorations in Economic Research, Volume 2, number 1, pages 105-111 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mora, Ricardo & Ruiz-Castillo, Javier, 2000. "Gender segregation : from birth to occupation," UC3M Working papers. Economics 9921, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Karmel, T & Maclachlan, M, 1988. "Occupational Sex Segregation--Increasing or Decreasing?," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 64(186), pages 187-195, September.
- Borghans, Lex & Groot, Loek, 1999. "Educational presorting and occupational segregation," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 375-395, September.
- Silber, Jacques, 1989. "Factor Components, Population Subgroups and the Computation of the Gini Index of Inequality," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(1), pages 107-115, February.
- Barbara S. Zoloth, 1976. "Alternative Measures of School Segregation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 52(3), pages 278-298.
- Hutchens, Robert, 2001. "Numerical measures of segregation: desirable properties and their implications," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 13-29, July.
- Deutsch, Joseph & Fluckiger, Yves & Silber, Jacques, 1994. "Measuring occupational segregation : Summary statistics and the impact of classification errors and aggregation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 133-146, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oscar Volij & David Frankel, 2004.
Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings
210, Econometric Society.
- Frankel, David M. & Volij, Oscar, 2007. "Measuring Segregation," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12818, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Frankel, David M. & Volij, Oscar, 2010. "Measuring Segregation," Staff General Research Papers Archive 32130, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- David M. Frankel & Oscar Volij, 2007. "Measuring Segregation," Working Papers 0703, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics.
- David Frankel & Oscar Volij, 2005. "Measuring Segregation," Economic theory and game theory 017, Oscar Volij.
- Martin Watts, 2014. "Spatial indexes: a focus on segregation," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Spatially Integrated Social Science, chapter 15, pages 287-314 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Oscar Volij, 2014. "Segregation:Theoretical Approaches," Working Papers 1401, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cte:werepe:we056231. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Poveda). General contact details of provider: http://www.eco.uc3m.es/ .