Nerves of Steel? Stress, Work Performance and Elite Athletes
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- David A. Savage & Benno Torgler, 2012. "Nerves of steel? Stress, work performance and elite athletes," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(19), pages 2423-2435, July.
- David A. Savage & Benno Torgler, 2009. "Nerves of Steel? Stress, Work Performance and Elite Athletes," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 251, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology, revised 24 Sep 2009.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christopher F Baum, 2006. "An Introduction to Modern Econometrics using Stata," Stata Press books, StataCorp LP, number imeus.
- Firth-Cozens, Jenny & Greenhalgh, Joanne, 1997. "Doctors' perceptions of the links between stress and lowered clinical care," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 1017-1022.
- Benno Torgler, 2006. "Historical Excellence' in Soccer World Cup Tournaments: Empirical Evidence with Data from 1930 to 2002," Rivista di Diritto ed Economia dello Sport, Centro di diritto e business dello Sport, vol. 2(1), pages 101-117, Aprile.
- Glenn W. Harrison & John A. List, 2004. "Field Experiments," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, pages 1009-1055.
- repec:feb:artefa:0087 is not listed on IDEAS
- Levitt, Steven D. & List, John A., 2009.
"Field experiments in economics: The past, the present, and the future,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, pages 1-18.
- Steven D. Levitt & John A. List, 2008. "Field Experiments in Economics: The Past, The Present, and The Future," NBER Working Papers 14356, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven Levitt & John List, 2008. "Field experiments in economics: The past, the present, and the future," Artefactual Field Experiments 00079, The Field Experiments Website.
- Benno Torgler, 2004. "The Economics of the FIFA Football Worldcup," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(2), pages 287-300, May.
- P.-A. Chiappori, 2002.
"Testing Mixed-Strategy Equilibria When Players Are Heterogeneous: The Case of Penalty Kicks in Soccer,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 1138-1151.
- Alberto Alesina & Beatrice Weder, 1999. "Do Corrupt Governments Receive Less Foreign Aid?," NBER Working Papers 7108, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alesina, Alberto & Weder, Beatrice, 2002. "Do Corrupt Governments Receive Less Foreign Aid?," Scholarly Articles 4553011, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Lawrence M. Kahn, 2000. "The Sports Business as a Labor Market Laboratory," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, pages 75-94.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raul Caruso & Marco Di Domizio & David A. Savage, 2015. "Hic Sunt Leones! The role of national identity on aggressiveness between national football teams," DISCE - Quaderni dell'Istituto di Politica Economica ispe0076, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Frimmel, Wolfgang & Halla, Martin & Schmidpeter, Bernhard & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf, 2017.
"Grandmothers’ Labor Supply,"
336, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Mario Lackner & Hendrik Sonnabend, 2017. "Coping with advantageous inequity - Field evidence from professional penalty kicking," Economics working papers 2017-21, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Frimmel, Wolfgang & Halla, Martin & Schmidpeter, Bernhard & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf, 2017. "Grandmothers' Labor Supply," IZA Discussion Papers 11199, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Frimmel, Wolfgang & Halla, Martin & Schmidpeter, Bernhard & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf, 2017. "Grandmothers' labor supply," ISER Working Paper Series 2017-11, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Frimmel, Wolfgang & Halla, Martin & Schmidpeter, Bernhard & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf, 2017. "Grandmothers' Labor Supply," CEPR Discussion Papers 12487, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Caruso, Raul & Di Domizio, Marco & Savage, David A., 2015. "Determinants of aggressiveness on the soccer pitch: evidence from FIFA and UEFA tournaments," MPRA Paper 61459, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Raul Caruso & Marco Di Domizio, 2015. "La Serie A In Televisione E Allo Stadio: Presentazione Del Dataset Audiball 1.0," Rivista di Diritto ed Economia dello Sport, Centro di diritto e business dello Sport, vol. 11(1), pages 161-185, maggio.
- Raul Caruso & Marco Di Domizio & David A. Savage, 2015. "Determinants of aggressiveness in soccer: Evidence from FIFA and UEFA tournaments," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, pages 2005-2011.
- Marisa Bucheli & Mariana Gerstenblüth & Máximo Rossi, 2015. "Competition and Food Intake: A Laboratory Study," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0615, Department of Economics - dECON.
More about this item
Keywordsperformance; stressors; sport; behavioral economics; work-related stress;
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- J81 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Standards - - - Working Conditions
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-EXP-2009-10-17 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2009-10-17 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2009-10-17 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-SPO-2009-10-17 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cra:wpaper:2009-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna-Lea Werlen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cremach.html .