The Sports Business as a Labor Market Laboratory
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bodvarsson, Orn B & Brastow, Raymond T, 1998. "Do Employers Pay for Consistent Performance?: Evidence from the NBA," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 36(1), pages 145-160, January.
- Rodney Fort & James Quirk, 1995. "Cross-subsidization, Incentives, and Outcomes in Professional Team Sports Leagues," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(3), pages 1265-1299, September.
- Lawrence M. Kahn, 1993. "Managerial Quality, Team Success, and Individual Player Performance in Major League Baseball," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 46(3), pages 531-547, April.
- Michael Krashinsky & Harry A. Krashinsky, 1997. "Do English Canadian Hockey Teams Discriminate Against French Canadian Players?," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 23(2), pages 212-216, June.
- William D. Walsh, 1992. "The Entry Problem of Francophones in the National Hockey League: A Systemic Interpretation," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 18(4), pages 443-460, December.
- Scully, Gerald W, 1974. "Pay and Performance in Major League Baseball," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 915-930, December.
- Simon Rottenberg, 1956. "The Baseball Players' Labor Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 242-242.
- Marc Lavoie & Gilles Grenier & Serge Coulombe, 1992. "Performance Differentials in the National Hockey League: Discrimination Versus Style-of-Play Thesis," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 18(4), pages 461-469, December.
- Lawrence M. Kahn, 1992. "The Effects of Race on Professional Football Players' Compensation," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 45(2), pages 295-310, January.
- Orszag, Jonathan M., 1994. "A new look at incentive effects and golf tournaments," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 77-88, September.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Michael L. Bognanno, 1990. "The Incentive Effects of Tournaments Revisited: Evidence from the European PGA Tour," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 43(3), pages 74, April.
- Arthur S. Goldberger, 1984. "Reverse Regression and Salary Discrimination," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 19(3), pages 293-318.
- Hoang, Ha & Rascher, Dan, 1999. "The NBA, Exit Discrimination, and Career Earnings," MPRA Paper 3542, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ehrenberg, Ronald G & Bognanno, Michael L, 1990. "Do Tournaments Have Incentive Effects?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(6), pages 1307-1324, December.
- Kahn, Lawrence M, 1993. "Free Agency, Long-Term Contracts and Compensation in Major League Baseball: Estimates from Panel Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(1), pages 157-164, February.
- Neil Longley, 1995. "Salary Discrimination in the National Hockey League: The Effects of Team Location," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 21(4), pages 413-422, December.
- Hausman, Jerry A & Leonard, Gregory K, 1997. "Superstars in the National Basketball Association: Economic Value and Policy," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(4), pages 586-624, October.
More about this item
- J40 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - General
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jecper:v:14:y:2000:i:3:p:75-94. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.