Salary Discrimination in the National Hockey League: The Effects of Team Location
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marc Lavoie & Gilles Grenier & Serge Coulombe, 1989. "Discrimination versus English Proficiency in the National Hockey League: A Reply," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 15(1), pages 98-101, March.
- Robert C. McLean & Michael R. Veall, 1992. "Performance and Salary Differentials in the National Hockey League," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 18(4), pages 470-475, December.
- J. C. H. Jones & William D. Walsh, 1988. "Salary Determination in the National Hockey League: The Effects of Skills, Franchise Characteristics, and Discrimination," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 41(4), pages 592-604, July.
- Scully, Gerald W, 1974. "Pay and Performance in Major League Baseball," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 915-930, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dennis Coates & Sungil Hong & Michael Mondello, 2011. "An Examination of the Effects of the Recent Economic Crisis on Major League Baseball (MLB) Attendance Demand," UMBC Economics Department Working Papers 11-136, UMBC Department of Economics.
- Haisken-DeNew, John P. & Vorell, Matthias, 2008. "Blood Money: Incentives for Violence in NHL Hockey," Ruhr Economic Papers 47, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Lawrence M. Kahn, 2000. "The Sports Business as a Labor Market Laboratory," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 75-94, Summer.
- Dennis Coates & Sara Azmoudeh Fard, 2011. "Returns to handedness in professional hockey," Working Papers 1121, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Neil Longley, 1997. "Do English Canadian Hockey Teams Discriminate Against French Canadian Players?: A Comment on `Salary Discrimination in the National Hockey League'," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 23(2), pages 217-220, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpp:issued:v:21:y:1995:i:4:p:413-422. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prof. Werner Antweiler). General contact details of provider: http://economics.ca/cpp/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.