Managerial Quality, Team Success, and Individual Player Performance in Major League Baseball
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Edward P. Lazear & Kathryn L. Shaw & Christopher T. Stanton, 2015. "The Value of Bosses," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(4), pages 823-861.
- Sanchez Santos Jose Manuel & Dopico JesÃºs & Castellanos Pablo, 2012. "Playing Success and Local Market Size in Spanish Football League: Can Small Cities Dream of Winning Teams?," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 8(2), pages 1-23, June.
- Keishi Fujiyama & Makoto Kuroki, 2017. "Employee Downsizing and Accounting Choices: Evidence from Japan," Discussion Paper Series DP2017-06, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, revised Sep 2017.
- Tao, Yu-Li & Chuang, Hwei-Lin & Lin, Eric S., 2016. "Compensation and performance in Major League Baseball: Evidence from salary dispersion and team performance," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 151-159.
- Frick, Bernd & Barros, Carlos Pestana & Prinz, Joachim, 2010. "Analysing head coach dismissals in the German "Bundesliga" with a mixed logit approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 200(1), pages 151-159, January.
- Edward P. Lazear & Kathryn L. Shaw & Christopher T. Stanton, 2014. "The Value of Bosses," CEP Discussion Papers dp1318, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Bridgewater, Sue & Kahn, Lawrence M. & Goodall, Amanda H., 2009.
"Substitution between Managers and Subordinates: Evidence from British Football,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4589, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sue Bridgewater & Lawrence M. Kahn & Amanda H. Goodall, 2009. "Substitution Between Managers and Subordinates: Evidence from British Football," NCER Working Paper Series 51, National Centre for Econometric Research.
- Lawrence M. Kahn, 2000. "The Sports Business as a Labor Market Laboratory," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 75-94, Summer.
- Lazear, Edward P. & Shaw, Kathryn L., 2014. "The value of bosses," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 60611, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Srinivas K. Reddy & Antonie Stam & Per J. Agrell, 2015. "Brand Equity, Efficiency and Valuation of Professional Sports Franchises: The Case of Major League Baseball," International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 5(1), pages 63-89, January.
- Lazear, Edward P. & Shaw, Kathryn L. & Stanton, Christopher, 2014. "The value of bosses," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 59022, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Frick, Bernd & Simmons, Robert, 2006. "Impact of Managerial Quality on Organizational Performance. Evidence from German Soccer," Efficiency Series Papers 2006/05, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Hwang, Joon Ho & Kim, Min-Su, 2015. "Misunderstanding of the binomial distribution, market inefficiency, and learning behavior: Evidence from an exotic sports betting market," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 243(1), pages 333-344.
- Borooah Vani K & Mangan John E, 2010. "The "Bradman Class": An Exploration of Some Issues in the Evaluation of Batsmen for Test Matches, 1877-2006," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 6(3), pages 1-21, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:ilrrev:v:46:y:1993:i:3:p:531-547. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SAGE Publications). General contact details of provider: http://www.ilr.cornell.edu .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.