Nerves of Steel? Stress, Work Performance and Elite Athletes
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- David A. Savage & Benno Torgler, 2012. "Nerves of steel? Stress, work performance and elite athletes," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(19), pages 2423-2435, July.
- David A. Savage & Benno Torgler, 2009. "Nerves of Steel? Stress, Work Performance and Elite Athletes," CREMA Working Paper Series 2009-22, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Glenn W. Harrison & John A. List, 2004. "Field Experiments," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(4), pages 1009-1055, December.
- P.-A. Chiappori, 2002. "Testing Mixed-Strategy Equilibria When Players Are Heterogeneous: The Case of Penalty Kicks in Soccer," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 1138-1151, September.
- Christopher F Baum, 2006. "An Introduction to Modern Econometrics using Stata," Stata Press books, StataCorp LP, number imeus, April.
- Firth-Cozens, Jenny & Greenhalgh, Joanne, 1997. "Doctors' perceptions of the links between stress and lowered clinical care," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 1017-1022, April.
- Benno Torgler, 2006. "Historical Excellence' in Soccer World Cup Tournaments: Empirical Evidence with Data from 1930 to 2002," Rivista di Diritto ed Economia dello Sport, Centro di diritto e business dello Sport, vol. 2(1), pages 101-117, Aprile.
- Levitt, Steven D. & List, John A., 2009.
"Field experiments in economics: The past, the present, and the future,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Steven D. Levitt & John A. List, 2008. "Field Experiments in Economics: The Past, The Present, and The Future," NBER Working Papers 14356, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven Levitt & John List, 2008. "Field experiments in economics: The past, the present, and the future," Artefactual Field Experiments 00079, The Field Experiments Website.
- Benno Torgler, 2004. "The Economics of the FIFA Football Worldcup," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(2), pages 287-300, May.
- repec:feb:artefa:0087 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lawrence M. Kahn, 2000. "The Sports Business as a Labor Market Laboratory," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 75-94, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raul Caruso & Marco Di Domizio & David A. Savage, 2015. "Hic Sunt Leones! The role of national identity on aggressiveness between national football teams," DISCE - Quaderni dell'Istituto di Politica Economica ispe0076, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Mario Lackner & Hendrik Sonnabend, 2017. "Coping with advantageous inequity - Field evidence from professional penalty kicking," Economics working papers 2017-21, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Caruso, Raul & Di Domizio, Marco & Savage, David A., 2015. "Determinants of aggressiveness on the soccer pitch: evidence from FIFA and UEFA tournaments," MPRA Paper 61459, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Raul Caruso & Marco Di Domizio, 2015. "La Serie A In Televisione E Allo Stadio: Presentazione Del Dataset Audiball 1.0," Rivista di Diritto ed Economia dello Sport, Centro di diritto e business dello Sport, vol. 11(1), pages 161-185, maggio.
- Raul Caruso & Marco Di Domizio & David A. Savage, 2015. "Determinants of aggressiveness in soccer: Evidence from FIFA and UEFA tournaments," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(3), pages 2005-2011.
- Marisa Bucheli & Mariana Gerstenblüth & Máximo Rossi, 2015. "Competition and Food Intake: A Laboratory Study," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0615, Department of Economics - dECON.
- repec:bla:kyklos:v:70:y:2017:i:4:p:511-545 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsPerformance; Stressors; Sport; Behavioural Economics; Work-related stress;
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- J81 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Standards - - - Working Conditions
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-09-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-EXP-2009-09-26 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2009-09-26 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-SOC-2009-09-26 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-SPO-2009-09-26 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qut:dpaper:251. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Fletcher). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sequtau.html .