Rational Inattention and Organizational Focus
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Holmstrom, Bengt & Milgrom, Paul, 1991. "Multitask Principal-Agent Analyses: Incentive Contracts, Asset Ownership, and Job Design," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(0), pages 24-52, Special I.
- Maria Guadalupe & Hongyi Li & Julie Wulf, 2014.
"Who Lives in the C-Suite? Organizational Structure and the Division of Labor in Top Management,"
INFORMS, vol. 60(4), pages 824-844, April.
- Maria Guadalupe & Hongyi Li & Julie Wulf, 2012. "Who Lives in the C-Suite? Organizational Structure and the Division of Labor in Top Management," NBER Working Papers 17846, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guadalupe, Maria & Li, Hongyi & Wulf, Julie M., 2012. "Who Lives in the C-Suite? Organizational Structure and the Division of Labor in Top Management," IZA Discussion Papers 6635, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jacques Cremer, 1980. "A Partial Theory of the Optimal Organization of a Bureaucracy," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(2), pages 683-693, Autumn.
- Smith, Adam, 1776. "An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number smith1776.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Calvó-Armengol, Antoni & de Martí, Joan & Prat, Andrea, 2015. "Communication and influence," Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 10(2), May.
- Fehr, Dietmar, 2017. "Costly communication and learning from failure in organizational coordination," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 106-122.
- Steve, Heinke & Niels, Warmuth, 2016. "A Rational Inattention Perspective on Equilibrium Asset Pricing under Heterogeneous Information with Structural Breaks and Market Efficiency," MPRA Paper 68715, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsAttention; Coordination; Core competencies; Leadership; Organization Size; Organizational Design; Organizational Strategy;
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-04-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2013-04-13 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-HRM-2013-04-13 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-MIC-2013-04-13 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:9395. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.