Intermodal and Intramodal Competition in Passenger Rail Transport
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Ivaldi, Marc & Vibes, Catherine, 2005. "Intermodal and Intramodal Competition in Passenger Rail Transport," IDEI Working Papers 345, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tae H. Oum & Waters, W.G. & Jong Say Yong, 1990. "A survey of recent estimates of price elasticities of demand for transport," Policy Research Working Paper Series 359, The World Bank.
- Ivaldi, Marc & Verboven, Frank, 2005.
"Quantifying the effects from horizontal mergers in European competition policy,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 23(9-10), pages 669-691, December.
- Ivaldi, Marc & Verboven, Frank, 2001. "Quantifying the Effects from Horizontal Mergers in European Competition Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 2697, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ivaldi, Marc & Pouyet, Jérôme & de Villemeur, Étienne, 2003. "Entry in the Passenger Rail Industry : A Theoretical Investigation," IDEI Working Papers 192, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- McFadden, Daniel, 1974. "The measurement of urban travel demand," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 303-328, November.
- Steven T. Berry, 1994. "Estimating Discrete-Choice Models of Product Differentiation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(2), pages 242-262, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chiambaretto, Paul & Decker, Christopher, 2012. "Airâ€“rail intermodal agreements: Balancing the competition and environmental effects," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 36-40.
- Martín, Juan Carlos & Román, Concepción & García-Palomares, Juan Carlos & Gutiérrez, Javier, 2014. "Spatial analysis of the competitiveness of the high-speed train and air transport: The role of access to terminals in the Madrid–Barcelona corridor," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 392-408.
- Fay Dunkerley & Andre De Palma & Stef Proost, 2009.
"Spatial Asymmetric Duopoly With An Application To Brussels' Airports,"
Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 529-553, August.
- Fay Dunkerley & André de Palma & Stef Proost, 2007. "Spatial asymmetric duopoly with an application to Brussels’ airports," THEMA Working Papers 2007-14, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Fay Dunkerley & André de Palma & Stef Proost, 2008. "Spatial asymmetric duopoly with an application to Brussels' airports," Working Papers hal-00348443, HAL.
- Marc Ivaldi, 2005. "Restructuring Railways: In Theory and Practice," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 3(4), pages 3-9, 01.
- Marc Ivaldi, 2005. "Restructuring Railways: In Theory and Practice," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 3(04), pages 3-9, January.
- Dunkerley Fay & Andre de Palma & Proost Stef, 2005.
"Asymmetric Duopoly in Space - what policies work?,"
Energy, Transport and Environment Working Papers Series
ete0509, KU Leuven, Department of Economics - Research Group Energy, Transport and Environment.
- Fay Dunkerley & André de Palma & Stef Proost, 2006. "Asymmetric duopoly in space - what policies work?," Working Papers of Department of Economics, Leuven ces0610, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Department of Economics, Leuven.
- AndrÃ© De Palma & Fay Dunkerley & Stef Proost, 2005. "Asymmetric Duopoly in Space - what policies work?," ERSA conference papers ersa05p494, European Regional Science Association.
- Emile QUINET, 2006. "Transport cost benefit analysis in France: Recent changes, progress and shortcomings," Departmental Working Papers 2006-22, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Beria, Paolo & Bertolin, Alberto, 2019. "Evolving long-distance passenger services. Market concentration, fares and specialisation patterns in Italy," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 77-92.
- Bergantino, Angela S. & Capozza, Claudia & Capurso, Mauro, 2015.
"The impact of open access on intra- and inter-modal rail competition. A national level analysis in Italy,"
Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 77-86.
- Bergantino, Angela Stefania & Capozza, Claudia & Capurso, Mauro, 2015. "The impact of open access on intra- and inter-modal rail competition. A national level analysis in Italy," Working Papers 15_2, SIET Società Italiana di Economia dei Trasporti e della Logistica.
- Zihua Liu & Dong Yang & Y. N. Eppie Ng, 2020. "A competitive analysis of port of Hong Kong: from external to internal," Journal of Shipping and Trade, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 1-17, December.
- Fröidh, Oskar & Byström, Camilla, 2013. "Competition on the tracks – Passengers’ response to deregulation of interregional rail services," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 1-10.
- Cruz Rodríguez Ignacio J., 2012. "Aerolíneas de bajo costo en México Competencia modal, intermodal e intramodal," Contaduría y Administración, Accounting and Management, vol. 57(4), pages 235-251, octubre-d.
- Fröidh, Oskar & Nelldal, Bo-Lennart, 2015. "The impact of market opening on the supply of interregional train services," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 189-200.
More about this item
Keywordsproduct differentiation; relevant transport market; simulation model;
- C35 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L92 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Railroads and Other Surface Transportation
- L93 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Air Transportation
- L98 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CMP-2005-06-14 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-COM-2005-06-14 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-URE-2005-06-14 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:5004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: https://www.cepr.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.