Recession Aversion, Output and the Kydland-Prescott Barro-Gordon Model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Gerlach, Stefan, 2003. "Recession aversion, output and the Kydland-Prescott Barro-Gordon model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(3), pages 389-394, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- McCallum, Bennett T., 1997.
"Crucial issues concerning central bank independence,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 99-112, June.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1996. "Crucial Issues Concerning Central Bank Independence," NBER Working Papers 5597, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J & Gordon, David B, 1983.
"A Positive Theory of Monetary Policy in a Natural Rate Model,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(4), pages 589-610, August.
- Robert J. Barro & David B. Gordon, 1981. "A Positive Theory of Monetary Policy in a Natural-Rate Model," NBER Working Papers 0807, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cukierman, A., 1999. "The Inflation Bias Result Revisited," Papers 38-99, Tel Aviv.
- Ruge-Murcia, Francisco J., 2004.
"The inflation bias when the central bank targets the natural rate of unemployment,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 91-107, February.
- RUGE-MURCIA, Francisco J., 2001. "The Inflation Bias When the Central Bank Targets, the Natural Rate of Unemployment," Cahiers de recherche 2001-22, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Ireland, Peter N., 1999.
"Does the time-consistency problem explain the behavior of inflation in the United States?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 279-291, October.
- Peter N. Ireland, 1998. "Does the Time-Consistency Problem Explain the Behavior of Inflation in the United States?," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 415, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1999. "Central Banking in Theory and Practice," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262522608, March.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-491, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giuseppe Diana & Pierre-Guillaume Méon, 2008.
"Monetary Policy in the Presence of Asymmetric Wage Indexation,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 69-90, July.
- Giuseppe Diana & Pierre-Guillaume Méon, 2003. "Monetary policy in the presence of asymmetric wage indexation," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2003-06, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Giuseppe Diana, 2008. "Monetary policy in the presence of asymmetric wage indexation," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8354, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Giuseppe Diana & Pierre-Guillaume Méon, 2005. "Monetary policy in the presence of asymmetric wage indexation," DULBEA Working Papers 05-16.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Sudhanshu Kumar & Naveen Srinivasan & Muthiah Ramachandran, 2012. "A time-varying parameter model of inflation in India," Indian Growth and Development Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 5(1), pages 25-50, April.
- Helge Berger & Jakob de Haan & Jan‐Egbert Sturm, 2011.
"Does money matter in the ECB strategy? New evidence based on ECB communication,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(1), pages 16-31, January.
- Helge Berger & Jan-Egbert Sturm, 2006. "Does Money Matter in the ECB Strategy? New Evidence Based on ECB Communication," CESifo Working Paper Series 1652, CESifo Group Munich.
- Berger, Helge & de Haan, Jakob & Sturm, Jan-Egbert, 2006. "Does money matter in the ECB strategy? New evidence based on ECB communication," Discussion Papers 2006/1, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Qin, Ting & Enders, Walter, 2008. "In-sample and out-of-sample properties of linear and nonlinear Taylor rules," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 428-443, March.
- Michael J. Lamla & Damjan Pfajfar & Lea Rendell, 2019.
"Inflation and deflationary biases in inflation expectations,"
BIS Working Papers
789, Bank for International Settlements.
- Lamla, Michael & PJaifar, Damian & Rendell, Lea, 2019. "Inflation and Deflationary Biases in Inflation Expectations," Essex Finance Centre Working Papers 24771, University of Essex, Essex Business School.
- Michael J. Lamla & Damjan Pfajfar & Lea Rendell, 2019. "Inflation and Deflationary Biases in Inflation Expectations," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2019-042, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Doyle, Matthew & Falk, Barry, 2010.
"Do asymmetric central bank preferences help explain observed inflation outcomes?,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 527-540, June.
- Doyle, Matthew & Falk, Barry L., 2006. "Do Asymmetric Central Bank Preferences Help Explain Observed Inflation Outcomes?," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12501, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Matthew Doyle & Barry Falk, 2009. "Do Asymmetric Central Bank Preferences Help Explain Observed Inflation Outcomes?," Working Papers 0902, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2009.
- Hans-Werner Wohltmann & Alexander Totzek, 2012.
"Barro-Gordon Revisited: Reputational Equilibria in a New Keynesian Model,"
Credit and Capital Markets,
Credit and Capital Markets, vol. 45(1), pages 27-50.
- Totzek, Alexander & Wohltmann, Hans-Werner, 2010. "Barro-Gordon revisited: reputational equilibria in a New Keynesian model," Economics Working Papers 2010-04, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Srinivasan, Naveen & Jain, Sumit & Ramachandran, M., 2009. "Monetary policy and the behaviour of inflation in India: Is there a need for institutional reform?," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 13-24, January.
- Alvaro Aguiar & Manuel Martins, 2008.
"Testing for asymmetries in the preferences of the euro-area monetary policymaker,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(13), pages 1651-1667.
- Alvaro Aguiar & Manuel M. F. Martins, 2005. "Testing for Asymmetries in the Preferences of the Euro-Area Monetary Policymaker," FEP Working Papers 182, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Manuel M F Martins & Alvaro Aguiar, 2005. "Testing for Asymmetries in the Preferences of the Euro-Area Monetary Policymaker," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2005 41, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Tambakis Demosthenes N., 2009.
"Optimal Monetary Policy with a Convex Phillips Curve,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-25, June.
- Tambakis, D.N., 2008. "Optimal Monetary Policy with a Convex Phillips Curve," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0859, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Naveen Srinivasan & Vidya Mahambare & M. Ramachandran, 2008. "Dynamics of inflation in India: does the new inflation bias hypothesis provide an explanation?," Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 199-212.
- Helge Berger & Jakob de Haan & Jan-Egbert Sturm, 2006. "Does money matter in the ECB strategy?," KOF Working papers 06-125, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Alexander Perruchoud, 2009. "Estimating a Taylor Rule with Markov Switching Regimes for Switzerland," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 145(II), pages 187-220, June.
- Shen, Chung-Hua & Lin, Kun-Li & Guo, Na, 2016. "Hawk or dove: Switching regression model for the monetary policy reaction function in China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 94-111.
- Stefan Gerlach & John Lewis, 2014.
"Zero lower bound, ECB interest rate policy and the financial crisis,"
Springer, vol. 46(3), pages 865-886, May.
- Gerlach, Stefan & Lewis, John, 2010. "The Zero Lower Bound, ECB Interest Rate Policy and the Financial Crisis," CEPR Discussion Papers 7933, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stefan Gerlach & John Lewis, 2010. "The Zero Lower Bound, ECB Interest Rate Policy and the Financial Crisis," DNB Working Papers 254, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- repec:kap:empiri:v:44:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10663-016-9339-1 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsasymmetric policy reactions; inflation bias; reaction functions;
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MAC-2003-03-17 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:3687. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.