The Gender Wealth Gap Across European Countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Alyssa Schneebaum & Miriam Rehm & Katharina Mader & Katarina Hollan, 2016. "The Gender Wealth Gap Across European Countries," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp232, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Schneebaum, Alyssa & Rehm, Miriam & Mader, Katharina & Hollan, Katarina, 2016. "The Gender Wealth Gap Across European Countries," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 5175, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pirmin Fessler & Miriam Rehm & Lukas Tockner, 2016. "The impact of housing non-cash income on the household income distribution in Austria," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 53(13), pages 2849-2866, October.
- Markus Gangl & Andrea Ziefle, 2009. "Motherhood, labor force behavior, and women’s careers: An empirical assessment of the wage penalty for motherhood in britain, germany, and the united states," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 46(2), pages 341-369, May.
- Eleonora Matteazzi & Ariane PailhÃ© & Anne Solaz, 2014. "Part-Time Wage Penalties for Women in Prime Age," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 67(3), pages 955-985, July.
- Stefan Humer & Mathias Moser & Matthias Schnetzer, 2015. "Socioeconomic structures of the Austrian wealth distribution," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 42(2), pages 269-289, May.
- Lena Edlund & Wojciech Kopczuk, 2009. "Women, Wealth, and Mobility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(1), pages 146-178, March.
- Alyssa Schneebaum & Katharina Mader, 2013. "The gendered nature of intra-household decision making in and across Europe," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp157, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Miriam Rehm & Matthias Schnetzer, 2015. "Property and power: lessons from Piketty and new insights from the HFCS," European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies: Intervention, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 12(2), pages 204-219, September.
- Carmen Diana Deere & Cheryl Doss, 2006. "The Gender Asset Gap: What Do We Know And Why Does It Matter?," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1-2), pages 1-50.
- Alexis Yamokoski & Lisa Keister, 2006. "The Wealth Of Single Women: Marital Status And Parenthood In The Asset Accumulation Of Young Baby Boomers In The United States," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1-2), pages 167-194.
- Pence Karen M., 2006. "The Role of Wealth Transformations: An Application to Estimating the Effect of Tax Incentives on Saving," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-26, July.
- Raquel Fernández & Joyce C. Wong, 2014. "Divorce Risk, Wages, and Working Wives: A Quantitative Life-Cycle Analysis of Female Labor Force Participation," NBER Working Papers 19869, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sebastian Leitner, 2015.
"Drivers of wealth inequality in euro area countries,"
Working Paper Reihe der AK Wien - Materialien zu Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft
137, Kammer für Arbeiter und Angestellte für Wien, Abteilung Wirtschaftswissenschaft und Statistik.
- Sebastian Leitner, 2016. "Drivers of Wealth Inequality in Euro-Area Countries," wiiw Working Papers 122, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Raquel Fernández & Joyce Cheng Wong, 2014. "Divorce Risk, Wages and Working Wives: A Quantitative Life‐Cycle Analysis of Female Labour Force Participation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 0(576), pages 319-358, May.
- Roman Stöllinger, 2015. "Agglomeration and FDI: Bringing International Production Linkages into the Picture," wiiw Working Papers 121, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Pirmin Fessler & Kasy, Maximilian & Peter Lindner, 2012. "Survey mode effects on income inequality measurement," Working Paper 48766, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Urvi Neelakantan & Yunhee Chang, 2010. "Gender Differences in Wealth at Retirement," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(2), pages 362-367, May.
- Gert G. Wagner & Joachim R. Frick & Jürgen Schupp, 2007.
"The German Socio-Economic Panel Study (SOEP) – Scope, Evolution and Enhancements,"
Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften,
Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 127(1), pages 139-169.
- Gert G. Wagner & Joachim R. Frick & Jürgen Schupp, 2007. "The German Socio-Economic Panel Study (SOEP): Scope, Evolution and Enhancements," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 1, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Alyssa Schneebaum & Bernhard Rumplmaier & Wilfried Altzinger, 2015. "Gender in intergenerational educational persistence across time and place," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 42(2), pages 413-445, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giovanni D’Alessio, 2018. "Gender wealth gap in Italy," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 433, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- repec:clr:wugarc:y:2018v:44i:1p:45 is not listed on IDEAS
- Julia Groiß & Alsyssa Schneebaum & Barbara Schuster, 2017. "Vermögensunterschiede nach Geschlecht in Österreich und Deutschland: Eine Analyse auf der Personenebene," Working Paper Reihe der AK Wien - Materialien zu Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft 168, Kammer für Arbeiter und Angestellte für Wien, Abteilung Wirtschaftswissenschaft und Statistik.
More about this item
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-10-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-EUR-2016-10-16 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-HME-2016-10-16 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:clr:mwugar:157. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sepp Zuckerstaetter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/awakwat.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.