Women business owners in traditional and non-traditional industries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cable, Daniel M. & Judge, Timothy A., 1996. "Person-Organization Fit, Job Choice Decisions, and Organizational Entry," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 294-311, September.
- Ajzen, Icek, 1991. "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-211, December.
- Chrisman, James J. & Carsrud, Alan L. & DeCastro, Julio & Herron, Lanny, 1990. "A comparison of assistance needs of male and female pre-venture entrepreneurs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 235-248, July.
- Brush, Candida G. & Vanderwerf, Pieter A., 1992. "A comparison of methods and sources for obtaining estimates of new venture performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 157-170, March.
- Chandler, Gaylen N. & Jansen, Erik, 1992. "The founder's self-assessed competence and venture performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 223-236, May.
- Chandler, Gaylen N. & Hanks, Steven H., 1993. "Measuring the performance of emerging businesses: A validation study," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(5), pages 391-408, September.
- Shane, Scott & Kolvereid, Lars & Westhead, Paul, 1991. "An exploratory examination of the reasons leading to new firm formation across country and gender," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 6(6), pages 431-446, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Read, Stuart & Song, Michael & Smit, Willem, 2009. "A meta-analytic review of effectuation and venture performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 573-587, November.
- Sylvie Paré & Kelogue Therasme, 2010. "Entrepreneurs in the new economy: Immigration and sex effects in the Montreal metropolitan area," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 218-232, June.
- Diana M. Hechavarría & Siri A. Terjesen & Amy E. Ingram & Maija Renko & Rachida Justo & Amanda Elam, 2017. "Taking care of business: the impact of culture and gender on entrepreneurs’ blended value creation goals," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 225-257, January.
- Elena Bardasi & Shwetlena Sabarwal & Katherine Terrell, 2011. "How do female entrepreneurs perform? Evidence from three developing regions," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 417-441, November.
- Campos,Francisco Moraes Leitao & Goldstein,Markus P. & Mcgorman,Laura & Munoz Boudet,Ana Maria & Pimhidzai,Obert, 2015.
"Breaking the metal ceiling : female entrepreneurs who succeed in male-dominated sectors,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
7503, The World Bank.
- Francisco Campos & Markus Goldstein & Laura McGorman & Ana Maria Munoz Boudet & Obert Pimhidzai, 2017. "Breaking the metal ceiling: Female entrepreneurs who succeed in male-dominated sectors," WIDER Working Paper Series 166, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- E. Nina-Pazarzi & M. Giannacourou, 2005. "Female Employment and Entrepreneurship: Career Choice Trends in Greece," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(3-4), pages 59-78.
- Justo, Rachida & DeTienne, Dawn R. & Sieger, Philipp, 2015. "Failure or voluntary exit? Reassessing the female underperformance hypothesis," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 775-792.
- repec:spr:intemj:v:14:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s11365-017-0481-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:intemj:v:14:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s11365-017-0480-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ionescu Gh. Gheorghe & Negrusa Adina Letitia, 2009. "Some Aspects About The Life Of Greatest Female Entrepreneur In American History, Mary Kay Ash," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 47-57, May.
- Maksimov, Vladislav & Wang, Stephanie Lu & Luo, Yadong, 2017. "Reducing poverty in the least developed countries: The role of small and medium enterprises," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 244-257.
- repec:spr:scient:v:115:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-018-2705-y is not listed on IDEAS
- CRISTINA CRUZ & Rachida Justo & Julio De Castro, 2008. "Family involvement and firm performance: a family embeddedness perspective," Working Papers Economia wp08-09, Instituto de Empresa, Area of Economic Environment.
- von Graevenitz, Georg & Harhoff, Dietmar & Weber, Richard, 2010.
"The effects of entrepreneurship education,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 90-112, October.
- Weber, Richard & Graevenitz, Georg von & Harhoff, Dietmar, 2009. "The Effects of Entrepreneurship Education," Discussion Papers in Business Administration 10966, University of Munich, Munich School of Management.
- Georg Von Graevenitz & Dietmar Harhoff & Richard Weber, 2010. "The Effects of Entrepreneurship Education," Post-Print hal-00856605, HAL.
- Weber, Richard & Graevenitz, Georg von & Harhoff, Dietmar, 2009. "The Effects of Entrepreneurship Education," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 269, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- In Lee & Matthew Marvel, 2014. "Revisiting the entrepreneur gender–performance relationship: a firm perspective," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 769-786, April.
- Yves Robichaud & Jean-Charles Cachon & José Barragán Codina & Mario César Davila Aguirre & Alfonso Lopez Lira Arjona, 2016. "Gender Motives Of Mexican Entrepreneurs In Two Large Urban Settings: An Empirical Study," Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship (JDE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 21(03), pages 1-21, September.
- Kalnins, Arturs & Williams, Michele, 2014. "When do female-owned businesses out-survive male-owned businesses? A disaggregated approach by industry and geography," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 822-835.
- Dr. Brinda Kalyani. P. R & Dr. Dileep Kumar M., 2011. "Motivational factors, entrepreneurship and education: Study with reference to women in SMEs," Far East Journal of Psychology and Business, Far East Research Centre, vol. 3(2), pages 14-35, June.
- Kolvereid, Lars & Isaksen, Espen, 2006. "New business start-up and subsequent entry into self-employment," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 866-885, November.
- Watson, John & Robinson, Sherry, 2003. "Adjusting for risk in comparing the performances of male- and female-controlled SMEs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 773-788, November.
- Blaseg, Daniel & Koetter, Michael, 2015. "Friend or Foe? Crowdfunding Versus Credit when Banks are Stressed," IWH Discussion Papers 8/2015, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Rey-Martí, Andrea & Tur Porcar, Ana & Mas-Tur, Alicia, 2015. "Linking female entrepreneurs' motivation to business survival," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(4), pages 810-814.
- Etienne St-Jean & Miruna Radu-Lefebvre & Cynthia Mathieu, 2018. "Can less be more? Mentoring functions, learning goal orientation, and novice entrepreneurs’ self-efficacy," Post-Print hal-01738307, HAL.
- Navarat Sachayansrisakul, 2016. "Positive influences of 'Buddhism' on successful female entrepreneurs," World Review of Entrepreneurship, Management and Sustainable Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 12(2/3), pages 352-362.
- Carmen Gallucci & Antonio D'Amato & Rosalia Santulli, 2015. "Women on Board of Directors and Firm Perfomance: The Moderating Role of Female Ownership. Empirical Evidence from the Italian Wine Industry," Journal of Financial Management, Markets and Institutions, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 225-244, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbvent:v:15:y:2000:i:3:p:279-303. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.