Contracting Institutions and Ownership Structure in International Joint Ventures
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dasgupta, Sudipto & Tao, Zhigang, 1998. "Contractual incompleteness and the optimality of equity joint ventures," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 391-413, December.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1997. "Why is Corruption So Much More Taxing Than Tax? Arbitrariness Kills," NBER Working Papers 6255, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Andrei Shleifer, 2002.
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(4), pages 1193-1229.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Andrei Shleifer, 2001. "Legal Origins," NBER Working Papers 8272, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glaeser, Edward Ludwig & Shleifer, Andrei, 2002. "Legal Origins," Scholarly Articles 29408124, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Andrei Shleifer, 2001. "Legal Origins," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1920, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Vai-Lam Mui, 1999. "Contracting in the Shadow of a Corrupt Court," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 155(2), pages 249-249, June.
- Nicola Gennaioli & Enrico Perotti, 2009.
"Standardized enforcement: Access to justice vs contractual innovation,"
Economics Working Papers
1329, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jun 2012.
- Gennaioli, Nicola & Perotti, Enrico C, 2011. "Standardized Enforcement: Access to Justice vs Contractual Innovation," CEPR Discussion Papers 8478, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nicola Gennaioli & Enrico Perotti, 2012. "Standardized Enforcement: Access to Justice vs. Contractual Innovation," Working Papers 652, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Chang-Bum Choi & Paul W Beamish, 2004. "Split management control and international joint venture performance," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 35(3), pages 201-215, May.
- Mattli, Walter, 2001. "Private Justice in a Global Economy: From Litigation to Arbitration," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 55(04), pages 919-947, September.
- Chong-En Bai & Zhigang Tao & Changqi Wu, 2004.
"Revenue Sharing and Control Rights in Team Production: Theories and Evidence from Joint Ventures,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 35(2), pages 277-305, Summer.
- Chong-En Bai & Zhigang Tao & Changqi Wu, 2003. "Revenue Sharing and Control Rights in Team Production: Theories and Evidence from Joint Ventures.," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2003-563, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Sugato Bhattacharyya & Francine Lafontaine, 1995. "Double-Sided Moral Hazard and the Nature of Share Contracts," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 26(4), pages 761-781, Winter.
- Avinash Dixit, 2011. "International Trade, Foreign Direct Investment, and Security," Annual Review of Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 3(1), pages 191-213, September.
- Daron Acemoglu & Pol Antràs & Elhanan Helpman, 2007. "Contracts and Technology Adoption," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(3), pages 916-943, June.
- Susheng Wang & Tian Zhu, 2005. "Control Allocation, Revenue Sharing, And Joint Ownership," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 46(3), pages 895-915, August.
- Casella, Alessandra, 1996. "On market integration and the development of institutions: The case of international commercial arbitration," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 155-186, January.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson, 2005. "Unbundling Institutions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(5), pages 949-995, October.
- Javorcik, Beata S. & Wei, Shang-Jin, 2009.
"Corruption and cross-border investment in emerging markets: Firm-level evidence,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 605-624, June.
- Beata S. Javorcik & Shang-Jin Wei, 2009. "Corruption and Cross-Border Investment in Emerging Markets: Firm-Level Evidence," Working Papers 062009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Alvaro Cuervo-Cazurra & Mary M Maloney & Shalini Manrakhan, 2007. "Causes of the difficulties in internationalization," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 38(5), pages 709-725, September.
- Nicola Gennaioli, 2013. "Optimal Contracts With Enforcement Risk," Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 11(1), pages 59-82, February.
- Moenius, Johannes & Berkowitz, Daniel, 2011. "Law, trade, and development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 451-460, November.
- Henisz, Witold J, 2000. "The Institutional Environment for Multinational Investment," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 334-364, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gani, Azmat & Clemes, Michael D., 2016. "Does the strength of the legal systems matter for trade in insurance and financial services?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 511-519.
- Latzer, Hélène, 2013.
"Bridging the technology gap with limited human capital resources,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 175-184.
- Hélène Latzer, 2013. "Bridging the technology gap with limited human capital resources," Post-Print hal-01387255, HAL.
- repec:kap:jincot:v:18:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10842-017-0252-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrew Myburgh & Jordi Paniagua, 2016. "Does International Commercial Arbitration Promote Foreign Direct Investment?," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(3), pages 597-627.
More about this item
Keywordsinternational joint venture; ownership structure; institutions; contract enforcement; judicial favoritism;
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- L24 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Contracting Out; Joint Ventures
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2013-03-02 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CTA-2013-03-02 (Contract Theory & Applications)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cir:cirwor:2013s-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ciranca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.