Intergenerational determinants of occupational choice: The case of international labor migration from Nepal
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stark, Oded & Fan, C. Simon, 2011.
"Migration for degrading work as an escape from humiliation,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 241-247, March.
- Stark, Oded & Fan, C. Simon, 2010. "Migration for degrading work as an escape from humiliation," MPRA Paper 28905, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Magnus Hatlebakk, 2014.
"Poverty Dynamics in Rural Orissa: Transitions in Assets and Occupations over Generations,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(6), pages 877-893, June.
- Magnus Hatlebakk, 2012. "Poverty dynamics in rural Orissa: Transitions in assets and occupations over generations," CMI Working Papers 11, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Karaivanov, Alexander, 2012. "Financial constraints and occupational choice in Thai villages," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 201-220.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V & Newman, Andrew F, 1993.
"Occupational Choice and the Process of Development,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(2), pages 274-298, April.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Andrew F. Newman, 1990. "Occupational Choice and the Process of Development," Discussion Papers 911, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Kaivan Munshi, 2003. "Networks in the Modern Economy: Mexican Migrants in the U. S. Labor Market," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(2), pages 549-599.
- Kaivan Munshi, 2011. "Strength in Numbers: Networks as a Solution to Occupational Traps," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 78(3), pages 1069-1101.
- Magnus Hatlebakk & Vegard Iversen & Gaute Torsvik, 2010.
"Caste, local networks and lucrative jobs: Evidence from rural Nepal,"
CMI Working Papers
3, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Hatlebakk, Magnus & Iversen, Vegard & Torsvik, Gaute, 2011. "Caste, local networks and lucrative jobs: Evidence from rural Nepal," Working Papers in Economics 01/11, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Nidhiya Menon, 2009. "Rainfall Uncertainty and Occupational Choice in Agricultural Households of Rural Nepal," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(6), pages 864-888.
- Magnus Hatlebakk, 2012.
"Regional Variation In Livelihood Strategies In Malawi,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 80(1), pages 62-76, March.
- Magnus Hatlebakk, 2009. "Regional variation in livelihood strategies in Malawi," CMI Working Papers 6, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:taf:oxdevs:v:44:y:2016:i:1:p:93-112 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsLivelihood strategies; poverty trap;
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-01-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2014-01-17 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2014-01-17 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chm:wpaper:wp2013-2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Sjursen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cmiiino.html .