Pass-Through, Expectations, and Risks. What Affects Chilean Banks’ Interest Rates?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Memmel, Christoph & Gündüz, Yalin & Raupach, Peter, 2015. "The common drivers of default risk," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 232-247.
- Kelly, Robert & O’Malley, Terence, 2016.
"The good, the bad and the impaired: A credit risk model of the Irish mortgage market,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 1-9.
- Kelly, Robert, 2011. "The Good, The Bad and The Impaired - A Credit Risk Model of the Irish Mortgage Market," Research Technical Papers 13/RT/11, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Leonardo Gambacorta & S. Iannotti, 2007. "Are there asymmetries in the response of bank interest rates to monetary shocks?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(19), pages 2503-2517.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Adrian, Tobias & Song Shin, Hyun, 2010. "Financial Intermediaries and Monetary Economics," Handbook of Monetary Economics,in: Benjamin M. Friedman & Michael Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Monetary Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 12, pages 601-650 Elsevier.
- Kleimeier, Stefanie & Sander, Harald, 2006. "Expected versus unexpected monetary policy impulses and interest rate pass-through in euro-zone retail banking markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1839-1870, July.
- Claudia M Buch & Manuel Buchholz & Lena Tonzer, 2015.
"Uncertainty, Bank Lending, and Bank-Level Heterogeneity,"
IMF Economic Review,
Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 63(4), pages 919-954, November.
- Tonzer, Lena & Buch, Claudia M. & Buchholz, Manuel, 2015. "Uncertainty and International Banking," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 113072, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974.
"On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-470, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Gabriel Jiménez & Steven Ongena & José‐Luis Peydró & Jesús Saurina, 2014.
"Hazardous Times for Monetary Policy: What Do Twenty‐Three Million Bank Loans Say About the Effects of Monetary Policy on Credit Risk‐Taking?,"
Econometric Society, vol. 82(2), pages 463-505, March.
- Gabriel Jiménez & Steven Ongena & José Luis Peydró & Jesús Saurina, 2009. "Hazardous times for monetary policy: What do twenty-three million bank loans say about the effects of monetary policy on credit risk-taking?," Working Papers 0833, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Anindya Banerjee & Victor Bystrov & Paul Mizen, 2013.
"How Do Anticipated Changes to Short‐Term Market Rates Influence Banks' Retail Interest Rates? Evidence from the Four Major Euro Area Economies,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(7), pages 1375-1414, October.
- Banerjee, A. & Bystrov, V. & Mizen, P., 2012. "How do anticipated changes to short-term market rates influence banks' retail interest rates? Evidence from the four major euro area economies," Working papers 361, Banque de France.
- Altunbas, Yener & Gambacorta, Leonardo & Marques-Ibanez, David, 2010.
"Bank risk and monetary policy,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 121-129, September.
- Yener Altunbas & Leonardo Gambacorta & David Marquï¿½s-Ibï¿½ï¿½ez, 2009. "Bank risk and monetary policy," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 712, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Altunbas, Yener & Gambacorta, Leonardo & Marqués-Ibáñez, David, 2009. "Bank risk and monetary policy," Working Paper Series 1075, European Central Bank.
- Borio, Claudio & Zhu, Haibin, 2012.
"Capital regulation, risk-taking and monetary policy: A missing link in the transmission mechanism?,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 236-251.
- Claudio Borio & Haibin Zhu, 2008. "Capital regulation, risk-taking and monetary policy: a missing link in the transmission mechanism?," BIS Working Papers 268, Bank for International Settlements.
- Kuttner, Kenneth N., 2001.
"Monetary policy surprises and interest rates: Evidence from the Fed funds futures market,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 523-544, June.
- Kenneth N. Kuttner, 2000. "Monetary policy surprises and interest rates: evidence from the Fed funds futures markets," Staff Reports 99, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Anamaria Illes & Marco Lombardi & Paul Mizen, 2015.
"Why did bank lending rates diverge from policy rates after the financial crisis?,"
BIS Working Papers
486, Bank for International Settlements.
- Anamaria Illes & Marco Lombardi & Paul Mizen, 2015. "Why Did Bank Lending Rates Diverge from Policy Rates After the Financial Crisis?," Discussion Papers 2015/05, University of Nottingham, Centre for Finance, Credit and Macroeconomics (CFCM).
- Adrian, Tobias & Liang, J. Nellie, 2014.
"Monetary policy, financial conditions, and financial stability,"
690, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, revised 01 Dec 2016.
- Adrian, Tobias & Liang, Nellie, 2016. "Monetary Policy, Financial Conditions, and Financial Stability," CEPR Discussion Papers 11394, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tobias Adrian & Nellie Liang, 2014. "Monetary Policy, Financial Conditions, and Financial Stability," IMES Discussion Paper Series 14-E-13, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Xavier Freixas & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2008. "Microeconomics of Banking, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 2, volume 1, number 0262062704.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, September.
- John C. Cox & Jonathan E. Ingersoll Jr. & Stephen A. Ross, 2005. "A Theory Of The Term Structure Of Interest Rates," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 5, pages 129-164 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Delis, Manthos D. & Karavias, Yiannis, 2015.
"Optimal versus realized bank credit risk and monetary policy,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 13-30.
- Manthos D. Delis & Yiannis Karavias, "undated". "Optimal versus realized bank credit risk and monetary policy," Discussion Papers 13/03, University of Nottingham, Granger Centre for Time Series Econometrics.
- Delis, Manthos & Karavias, Yiannis, 2013. "Optimal versus realized bank credit risk and monetary policy," MPRA Paper 49795, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Emiliano Luttini & Michael Pedersen, 2015. "Bank's Price Setting and Lending Maturity: Evidence from an Inflation- Targeting Economy," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 762, Central Bank of Chile.
- Murfin, Justin & Petersen, Mitchell, 2016.
"Loans on sale: Credit market seasonality, borrower need, and lender rents,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 300-326.
- Justin Murfin & Mitchell Petersen, 2014. "Loans on sale: Credit market seasonality, borrower need, and lender rents," NBER Working Papers 20310, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lim, G C, 2001. "Bank Interest Rate Adjustments: Are They Asymmetric?," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 77(237), pages 135-147, June.
- Robin Greenwood & Samuel G. Hanson, 2013. "Issuer Quality and Corporate Bond Returns," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 26(6), pages 1483-1525.
- Ho, Thomas S. Y. & Saunders, Anthony, 1981. "The Determinants of Bank Interest Margins: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(04), pages 581-600, November.
- Hannan, Timothy H & Berger, Allen N, 1991. "The Rigidity of Prices: Evidence from the Banking Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 938-945, September.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-04-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2016-04-23 (Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2016-04-23 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chb:bcchwp:780. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio Sepulveda). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bccgvcl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.