Africa's Growth Prospects in a European mirror: a Historical Perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ronald Findlay & Kevin H. O'Rourke, 2007.
"Power and Plenty: Trade, War and the World Economy in the Second Millennium (Preface),"
Trinity Economics Papers
tep0107, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Ronald Findlay & Kevin H. O'Rourke, 2007. "Power and Plenty: Trade, War and the World Economy in the Second Millennium (Preface)," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp205, IIIS.
- Stephen Broadberry & Bruce Campbell & Alexander Klein & Mark Overton & Bas van Leeuwen, 2012. "British Economic Growth, 1270-1870: an output-based approach," Studies in Economics 1203, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Robert J. Barro, 1999. "Determinants of Democracy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(S6), pages 158-183, December.
- Bates, Robert H. & Coatsworth, John H. & Williamson, Jeffrey G., 2007.
"Lost Decades: Postindependence Performance in Latin America and Africa,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 67(04), pages 917-943, December.
- Bates, Robert H. & Coatsworth, John H. & Williamson, Jeffrey G., 2007. "Lost Decades: Postindependence Performance in Latin America and Africa," Scholarly Articles 12211559, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Power, Eileen, 1941. "The Wool Trade in English Medieval History," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number power1941.
- Allen, Robert C., 2000. "Economic structure and agricultural productivity in Europe, 1300 1800," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(01), pages 1-25, April.
- David Stasavage, 2002. "Credible Commitment in Early Modern Europe: North and Weingast Revisited," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(1), pages 155-186, April.
- Broadberry, Stephen & Campbell, Bruce M.S. & van Leeuwen, Bas, 2013. "When did Britain industrialise? The sectoral distribution of the labour force and labour productivity in Britain, 1381–1851," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 16-27.
- Karaman, K. Kivanç & Pamuk, Şevket, 2010. "Ottoman State Finances in European Perspective, 1500–1914," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 70(03), pages 593-629, September.
- Leandro Prados de la Escosura, 2012.
"Output Per Head In Pre-Independence Africa: Quantitative Conjectures,"
Economic History of Developing Regions,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(2), pages 1-36, December.
- Prados de la Escosura, Leandro, 2012. "Output per head in pre-independence Africa : quantitative conjectures," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp12-11, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- North, Douglass C. & Weingast, Barry R., 1989. "Constitutions and Commitment: The Evolution of Institutions Governing Public Choice in Seventeenth-Century England," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 49(04), pages 803-832, December.
- Gardner, Leigh A., 2012. "Taxing Colonial Africa: The Political Economy of British Imperialism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199661527.
- Cheryl Schonhardt-Bailey, 2006. "From the Corn Laws to Free Trade: Interests, Ideas, and Institutions in Historical Perspective," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262195437, January.
- Malanima, Paolo, 2011. "The long decline of a leading economy: GDP in central and northern Italy, 1300–1913," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(02), pages 169-219, August.
- van Zanden, Jan Luiten & van Leeuwen, Bas, 2012. "Persistent but not consistent: The growth of national income in Holland 1347–1807," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 119-130.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lopez-Uribe, Maria del Pilar & Castells-Quintana, David & McDermott, Thomas K. J., 2017. "Geography, institutions and development: a review ofthe long-run impacts of climate change," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 65147, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Naudé, Wim, 2017. "Entrepreneurship, Education and the Fourth Industrial Revolution in Africa," IZA Discussion Papers 10855, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- EZZAHIDI, Elhadj & El Alaoui, Aicha, 2015. "Determinants of the recent growth surge in Africa: what changed since mid-1990s?," MPRA Paper 67792, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- McDermott,Thomas K.J., 2016. "Investing in disaster risk management in an uncertain climate," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7631, The World Bank.
- UNDP Regional Bureau for Africa, "undated". "Resource Dependence and Inequality in Africa: Impacts, consequences and potential solutions," UNDP Africa Policy Notes 2017-07, United Nations Development Programme, Regional Bureau for Africa.
More about this item
KeywordsAfrica; Growth prospects.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2014-04-18 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2014-04-18 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cge:wacage:172. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Snape). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dewaruk.html .