The Measurement of Health Inequalities: Does Status Matter?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Costa-Font, Joan & Cowell, Frank A., 2019. "The Measurement of Health Inequalities: Does Status Matter?," IZA Discussion Papers 12390, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Costa-Font, Joan & Cowell, Frank, 2016. "The measurement of health inequalities: does status matter?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67976, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:adr:anecst:y:2006:i:83-84 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wagstaff, Adam & Paci, Pierella & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 1991. "On the measurement of inequalities in health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 545-557, January.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1980. "The Class of Additively Decomposable Inequality Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(3), pages 613-625, April.
- Abul Naga, Ramses H. & Yalcin, Tarik, 2008.
"Inequality measurement for ordered response health data,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1614-1625, December.
- Abul Naga, Ramses H. & Yalcin, Tarik, 2007. "Inequality measurement for ordered response health data," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6538, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ramses H. Abul Naga & Tarik Yalcin, 2007. "Inequality Measurement forOrdered Response Health Data," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 92, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Francisco H. G. Ferreira & Jérémie Gignoux, 2011.
"The Measurement Of Inequality Of Opportunity: Theory And An Application To Latin America,"
Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57(4), pages 622-657, December.
- Ferreira , Francisco H. G. & Gignoux, Jeremie, 2008. "The measurement of inequality of opportunity : theory and an application to Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4659, The World Bank.
- Arie Kapteyn & James P. Smith & Arthur van Soest, 2007.
"Vignettes and Self-Reports of Work Disability in the United States and the Netherlands,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(1), pages 461-473, March.
- Kapteyn, A. & Smith, J.P. & van Soest, A.H.O., 2007. "Vignettes and self-reports of work disability in the United States and the Netherlands," Other publications TiSEM 17902a1e-7cbb-4f3f-a772-e, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Frank A. Cowell, 1980. "On the Structure of Additive Inequality Measures," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(3), pages 521-531.
- Marc Fleurbaey, 2006. "Health, equity and social welfare," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 83-84, pages 21-59.
- Nigel Rice & Silvana Robone & Peter C. Smith, 2012.
"Vignettes and health systems responsiveness in cross‐country comparative analyses,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 175(2), pages 337-369, April.
- Nigel Rice & Silvana Robone & Peter Smith, 2009. "Vignettes and health systems responsiveness in crosscountry comparative analyses," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 09/29, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Costa-Font, Montserrat & Costa-Font, Joan, 2009. "Heterogeneous 'adaptation' and 'income effects' across self-reported health distribution?," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 574-580, August.
- John Bound, 1991. "Self-Reported Versus Objective Measures of Health in Retirement Models," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 26(1), pages 106-138.
- Makdissi, Paul & Yazbeck, Myra, 2014.
"Measuring socioeconomic health inequalities in presence of multiple categorical information,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 84-95.
- Paul Makdissi & Myra Yazbeck, 2012. "Measuring Socioeconomic Health Inequalities in Presence of Multiple Categorical Information," Working Papers 1208E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Fleurbaey, Marc & Schokkaert, Erik, 2009.
"Unfair inequalities in health and health care,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 73-90, January.
- FLEURBAEY, Marc & SCHOKKAERT, Erik, 2007. "Unfair inequalities in health and health care," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2007090, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- FLEURBAEY, Marc & SCHOKKAERT, Erik, 2009. "Unfair inequalities in health and health care," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2141, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Costa-Font, Joan & Hernández-Quevedo, Cristina, 2012. "Measuring inequalities in health: What do we know? What do we need to know?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 195-206.
- Jennifer Beam Dowd & Megan Todd, 2011. "Does Self-reported Health Bias the Measurement of Health Inequalities in U.S. Adults? Evidence Using Anchoring Vignettes From the Health and Retirement Study," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 66(4), pages 478-489.
- Naga, Ramses H. Abul & Yalcin, Tarik, 2010. "Median Independent Inequality Orderings," SIRE Discussion Papers 2010-118, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Clarke, Philip M. & Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Johannesson, Magnus & Bingefors, Kerstin & Smith, Len, 2002. "On the measurement of relative and absolute income-related health inequality," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 55(11), pages 1923-1928, December.
- Doorslaer, Eddy van & Jones, Andrew M., 2003. "Inequalities in self-reported health: validation of a new approach to measurement," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 61-87, January.
- Allison, R. Andrew & Foster, James E., 2004. "Measuring health inequality using qualitative data," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 505-524, May.
- Le Grand, Julian, 1987. "Inequalities in health : Some international comparisons," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-2), pages 182-191.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:2006:i:83-84:p:02 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maasoumi, Esfandiar, 1986. "The Measurement and Decomposition of Multi-dimensional Inequality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(4), pages 991-997, July.
- Joan Costa-i-Font & Frank Cowell, 2013. "Measuring Health Inequality with Categorical Data: Some Regional Patterns," CESifo Working Paper Series 4427, CESifo.
- Buhong Zheng, 2011. "A new approach to measure socioeconomic inequality in health," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 9(4), pages 555-577, December.
- Xander Koolman & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2004. "On the interpretation of a concentration index of inequality," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(7), pages 649-656, July.
- Bleichrodt, Han & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 2006. "A welfare economics foundation for health inequality measurement," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 945-957, September.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- The Measurement of Health Inequalities: Does Status Matter?
by maximorossi in NEP-LTV blog on 2019-08-22 20:27:34
More about this item
Keywordshealth inequality; categorical data; entropy measures; health surveys; upward status; downward status;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_6117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.