Measuring Health Inequality with Categorical Data: Some Regional Patterns
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Benedicte Apouey, 2007.
"Measuring health polarization with self-assessed health data,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(9), pages 875-894.
- Bénédicte H. Apouey, 2007. "Measuring health polarization with self-assessed health data," Post-Print hal-00813542, HAL.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Paci, Pierella & van Doorslaer, Eddy, 1991. "On the measurement of inequalities in health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 545-557, January.
- Abul Naga, Ramses H. & Yalcin, Tarik, 2008.
"Inequality measurement for ordered response health data,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1614-1625, December.
- Abul Naga, Ramses H. & Yalcin, Tarik, 2007. "Inequality measurement for ordered response health data," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6538, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ramses H. Abul Naga & Tarik Yalcin, 2007. "Inequality Measurement forOrdered Response Health Data," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 92, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Betsey Stevenson & Justin Wolfers, 2008.
"Happiness Inequality in the United States,"
The Journal of Legal Studies,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(S2), pages 33-79, June.
- Stevenson, Betsey & Wolfers, Justin, 2008. "Happiness Inequality in the United States," IZA Discussion Papers 3624, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Betsey Stevenson & Justin Wolfers, 2008. "Happiness Inequality in the United States," NBER Working Papers 14220, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stevenson, Betsey & Wolfers, Justin, 2008. "Happiness Inequality in the United States," CEPR Discussion Papers 6929, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Arie Kapteyn & James P. Smith & Arthur van Soest, 2007.
"Vignettes and Self-Reports of Work Disability in the United States and the Netherlands,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 97(1), pages 461-473, March.
- Kapteyn, A. & Smith, J.P. & van Soest, A.H.O., 2007. "Vignettes and self-reports of work disability in the United States and the Netherlands," Other publications TiSEM 17902a1e-7cbb-4f3f-a772-e, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Nigel Rice & Silvana Robone & Peter C. Smith, 2012.
"Vignettes and health systems responsiveness in cross‐country comparative analyses,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 175(2), pages 337-369, April.
- Nigel Rice & Silvana Robone & Peter Smith, 2009. "Vignettes and health systems responsiveness in crosscountry comparative analyses," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 09/29, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Costa-Font, Joan & Hernández-Quevedo, Cristina, 2012. "Measuring inequalities in health: What do we know? What do we need to know?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 195-206.
- Naga, Ramses H. Abul & Yalcin, Tarik, 2010. "Median Independent Inequality Orderings," SIRE Discussion Papers 2010-118, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Doorslaer, Eddy van & Jones, Andrew M., 2003. "Inequalities in self-reported health: validation of a new approach to measurement," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 61-87, January.
- Allison, R. Andrew & Foster, James E., 2004. "Measuring health inequality using qualitative data," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 505-524, May.
- Maasoumi, Esfandiar, 1986. "The Measurement and Decomposition of Multi-dimensional Inequality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(4), pages 991-997, July.
- Buhong Zheng, 2011. "A new approach to measure socioeconomic inequality in health," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 9(4), pages 555-577, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul Makdissi & Myra Yazbeck, 2014. "Robust Wagstaff Orderings of Distributions of Self-Reported Health Status," Discussion Papers Series 533, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Joan Costa-i-Font & Frank Cowell & BelÃ©n SaÃ©nz de Miera JuÃ¡rez, 2017. "Does Insurance Expansion Alter Health Inequality and Mobility? Evidence from the Mexican Seguro Popular," CESifo Working Paper Series 6788, CESifo Group Munich.
- Joan Costa-i-Font & Frank Cowell, 2016. "The Measurement of Health Inequalities: Does Status Matter?," CESifo Working Paper Series 6117, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
Keywordshealth inequality; categorical data; health surveys; upward status; downward status;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_4427. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .