Bank Competition and Financial Stability: A General Equilibrium Exposition
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Marcella Lucchetta & Gianni De Nicolo, 2011. "Bank Competition and Financial Stability; A General Equilibrium Exposition," IMF Working Papers 11/295, International Monetary Fund.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kwangwoo Park & George Pennacchi, 2009.
"Harming Depositors and Helping Borrowers: The Disparate Impact of Bank Consolidation,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(1), pages 1-40, January.
- Kwangwoo Park & George Pennacchi, 2007. "Harming depositors and helping borrowers: the disparate impact of bank consolidation," Working Paper 0704, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Keeley, Michael C, 1990. "Deposit Insurance, Risk, and Market Power in Banking," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1183-1200, December.
- John H. Boyd & Gianni De Nicolã, 2005. "The Theory of Bank Risk Taking and Competition Revisited," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(3), pages 1329-1343, June.
- Martin Cihak & Simon Wolfe & Klaus Schaeck, 2006. "Are More Competitive Banking Systems More Stable?," IMF Working Papers 06/143, International Monetary Fund.
- David Martinez-Miera & Rafael Repullo, 2010. "Does Competition Reduce the Risk of Bank Failure?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(10), pages 3638-3664, October.
- Bengt Holmstrom & Jean Tirole, 1997.
"Financial Intermediation, Loanable Funds, and The Real Sector,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 112(3), pages 663-691.
- Bengt Holmstrom & Jean Tirole, 1994. "Financial Intermediation, Loanable Funds and the Real Sector," Working papers 95-1, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Holmström, Bengt & Tirole, Jean, 1994. "Financial Intermediation, Loanable Funds and the Real Sector," IDEI Working Papers 40, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Elena Loukoianova & Gianni De Nicolo & John H. Boyd, 2009.
"Banking Crises and Crisis Dating; Theory and Evidence,"
IMF Working Papers
09/141, International Monetary Fund.
- John Boyd & Gianni De NicolÃ² & Elena Loukoianova, 2010. "Banking Crises and Crisis Dating: Theory and Evidence," CESifo Working Paper Series 3134, CESifo Group Munich.
- Besanko, David & Kanatas, George, 1993. "Credit Market Equilibrium with Bank Monitoring and Moral Hazard," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(1), pages 213-232.
- Xavier Freixas & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2008. "Microeconomics of Banking, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 2, volume 1, number 0262062704, January.
- Boyd, John H & De Nicolo, Gianni & Smith, Bruce D, 2004.
"Crises in Competitive versus Monopolistic Banking Systems,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 487-506, June.
- John H. Boyd & Gianni De Nicoló & Bruce D. Smith, 2004. "Crises in competitive versus monopolistic banking systems," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 487-509.
- Bruce D. Smith & Gianni De Nicolo & John H. Boyd, 2003. "Crisis in Competitive Versus Monopolistic Banking Systems," IMF Working Papers 03/188, International Monetary Fund.
- Dell'Ariccia, Giovanni & Marquez, Robert, 2006. "Competition among regulators and credit market integration," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 401-430, February.
- Cordella, Tito & Yeyati, Eduardo Levy, 2002.
"Financial opening, deposit insurance, and risk in a model of banking competition,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 471-485, March.
- Cordella, Tito & Levy Yeyati, Eduardo, 1998. "Financial Opening, Deposit Insurance and Risk in a Model of Banking Competition," CEPR Discussion Papers 1939, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cerasi, Vittoria & Daltung, Sonja, 2000.
"The optimal size of a bank: Costs and benefits of diversification,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 44(9), pages 1701-1726, October.
- V. Cerasi & S. Daltung, 1995. "The Optimal Size of a Bank: Costs and Benefits of Diversification," Departmental Working Papers 1995-05, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Gianni De Nicolo & Marcella Lucchetta, 2009.
"Financial Intermediation, Competition, and Risk; A General Equilibrium Exposition,"
IMF Working Papers
09/105, International Monetary Fund.
- Di Nicolo, G. & Lucchetta, M., 2010. "Financial Intermediation, Competition, and Risk : A General Equilibrium Exposition," Discussion Paper 2010-67S, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Lucy White & Alan D. Morrison, 2002. "Crises and Capital Requirements in Banking," OFRC Working Papers Series 2002fe05, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Matutes, Carmen & Vives, Xavier, 1996. "Competition for Deposits, Fragility, and Insurance," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 184-216, April.
- Gianni De Nicolo & Giovanni Favara & Lev Ratnovski, 2012. "Externalities and Macroprudential Policy," IMF Staff Discussion Notes 12/05, International Monetary Fund.
- Alan D. Morrison & Lucy White, 2005. "Crises and Capital Requirements in Banking," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(5), pages 1548-1572, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- CARLETTI, Elena & LEONELLO, Agnese, 2012.
"Credit Market Competition and Liquidity Crises,"
Economics Working Papers
ECO2012/14, European University Institute.
- Carletti, Elena & Leonello, Agnese, 2016. "Credit market competition and liquidity crises," Working Paper Series 1932, European Central Bank.
- Elena Carletti & Agnese Leonello, 2014. "Credit Market Competition and Liquidity Crises," CESifo Working Paper Series 4647, CESifo Group Munich.
- Carletti, Elena & Leonello, Agnese, 2013. "Credit Market Competition and Liquidity Crises," CEPR Discussion Papers 9311, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:224-232 is not listed on IDEAS
- Diallo, Boubacar, 2015. "Bank competition and crises revisited: New results," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 81-86.
- Tabak, Benjamin M. & Gomes, Guilherme M.R. & da Silva Medeiros, Maurício, 2015.
"The impact of market power at bank level in risk-taking: The Brazilian case,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 154-165.
- Benjamin Miranda Tabak & Guilherme Maia Rodrigues Gomes & Maurício da Silva Medeiros Júnior, 2012. "The Impact of Market Power at Bank Level in Risk-taking: the Brazilian case," Working Papers Series 283, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- repec:eee:jimfin:v:75:y:2017:i:c:p:47-68 is not listed on IDEAS
- Phurichai Rungcharoenkitkul, 2015. "Bank competition and credit booms," BIS Working Papers 488, Bank for International Settlements.
- Beirne, John & Friedrich, Christian, 2017.
"Macroprudential policies, capital flows, and the structure of the banking sector,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 47-68.
- John Beirne & Christian Friedrich, 2014. "Capital Flows and Macroprudential Policies - A Multilateral Assessment of Effectiveness and Externalities," Staff Working Papers 14-31, Bank of Canada.
- Beirne, John & Friedrich, Christian, 2014. "Capital flows and macroprudential policies - A multilateral assessment of effectiveness and externalities," Working Paper Series 1721, European Central Bank.
More about this item
Keywordsgeneral equilibrium; bank competition; financial stability;
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_4123. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.